Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Yeah, he's made all his money off suburban sprawl, he's hardly going to criticise it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

« Debate & Discussion: We tortured some folks › Auspol August: Half-baked enraged drivel

Sounds about right. Just read the article about how officials were told in 2012 to pick out the youngest looking detainees to send to Manus and gently caress everything.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Lid posted:

It should not be illegal to offend someone. There is a human right to free speech. There is no human right to be free of offence ...

So for sake of consistency, people should also be allowed to yell swear words at people in public, and there shouldn't be any laws against public nudity?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Haters Objector posted:

Was also reading today on exactly how terrible Mandela and the ANC were at economics, and how in a few short years they managed to make economic inequality significantly worse than it was under apartheid

It's almost as if a significant chunk of the population had been denied equal access to education and career opportunities.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jumpingmanjim posted:

With no vodka for cruisers, millions of teenage girls (and Endman) will have no choice but to switch to goon.

Maybe it was the goon manufacturers that shot down MH17... :tinfoil:

Interesting fact, after the Berlin Wall came down, Smirnoff made a lot of money by selling Vodka to Soviet troops, a market they had previously been entirely cut off from.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Gough Suppressant posted:

Doting seventy year old women is part of the answer.

People voting for a party not a representative is another.

Australia generally and Adelaide specifically, too

I suspect the reason why we produce fuckwits like Pyne and Bernardi is because Adelaide is one of the Federal libs weaker locations. The better Libs get used for marginal seats and aren't likely to last as long as those in safer positions.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jumpingmanjim posted:

FAMILY First senator Bob Day has vowed to lobby all crossbench senators to kill the government’s budget move to kick young people off the dole for six months, saying he is unwilling to negotiate on a compromise deal…

Senator Day says the entire policy must be dumped. “Not only will it not get my vote I am doing my darnedest to persuade all my crossbenchers and anyone else who will listen not to vote for it either,” he said. “I am lobbying on this as hard as I’ve lobbied on anything in my life, actively.”

The department of social services show that 113,000 people a year aged under 30 will be denied the Newstart and Youth Allowance payments for six months.

Was there ever confirmation that they wouldn't be starting the six months wait until after people had eaten their savings?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Tony Jowns posted:

It's not that she failed to join, she quit after failing at preselection. Then tried the same trick with Labor. Then was successful with Palmer. She's an unprincipled broken clock, basically.

It's fairly amusing really to imagine how almost anyone with a half decent presentation could have probably got forward as a PUP candidate for the federal election had they stepped forward. If we had a time machine could probably get the party stacked with goons in the senate.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I could be biased since my girlfriend works there, but Faraja is pretty great. (King William Road)

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

What's Bolts attitude towards children of asylum seekers born on Australian soil?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Splode posted:

edit: Tron posters, heads up, this is NOT the GBS thread

:(

Also I love that Gaza cartoon/essay/whatever you'd call it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

We have a Labor government here in South Australia, the state government should just take the money and then use it to hire religious and secular workers. The Feds can't withdraw the money then without looking awful.

• Locked thread