Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

WELCOME TO BEANISON BEANIESON ACRES DISTRICT STATION

Check out our new tacti-pole.

Also see our new team building urinals.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Aug 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
those urinals are for post-sex split streams

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

beanieson posted:

those urinals are for post-sex split streams

Don't cross the streams Ray, something very bad will happen.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Sword fights huh? Just like my last department....

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GunForumMeme posted:

Found some kids playing with some golf balls. According to their parents they weren't out on the course, and they had the golf balls just because there are golf balls just laying around in an area not on the course and they just picked them up because they're abandoned golf balls.

For as much as I don't like golf I equally want to see people get hit in the head with golf balls so I called it unfounded and went to lunch.

To protect and serve. o7

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
username is misspelled in the thread title & OP, obviously JayKay's saving his super observant cop instincts for the mean streets instead of wasting them on these good forums.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
So apparently the Sochi Olympic construction companies are designing police bathrooms now.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

beanieson posted:

username is misspelled in the thread title & OP, obviously JayKay's saving his super observant cop instincts for the mean streets instead of wasting them on these good forums.

I was cruiser posting, give me a break. :mad:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Had a showdown with BTP this morning, a call went out on a cross-force channel for additional units as BTP had (I'm not fibbing here) left a McDonalds at 4am and stumbled on a large pub fight on our patch. By the time we turn up with 12 officers and 3 wagons they have the situation well under control, 4 people in cuffs. One of the 6 BTP officers walks up and says "there you go, your patch, your bodies" naturally we said gently caress off, so it then turns in to a pissing contest to see who can get the highest ranking officer to turn up and give out orders. We won after a chief inspector turned up and BTP could only rustle up a pair of sergeants and said "next time eat your refs in a train station and this won't happen. Also don't be using our nick for those bodies, we are full"

Why can't we just get along?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I'll wait until the other side of the story gets posted to pass judgement. :colbert:

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

GunForumMeme posted:

I'll wait until the other side of the story gets posted to pass judgement. :colbert:

I don't need to, I'm right behind the conventional force. Get it right up you Hornby police!

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

What is BTP?

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Whale Cancer posted:

What is BTP?

Hezzy's mob.

It's a separately funded police force for the railway network covering train stations etc. They have full powers of a constable but in my experience work, erm, differently. Certainly in my area and experience at least.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Ok, so they're like the UK version of the BART police. Except the BART police shoot black people in the back of the head execution style in the blackest of black cities *Oakland*

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
In their defense there is truly nothing sweeter in police work than making an arrest and shoving it off on another agency. It feels like christmas in july.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

I've been in 4 pursuits this year started by other agencies. Not a piece of paperwork for any of them.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Whale Cancer posted:

I've been in 4 pursuits this year started by other agencies. Not a piece of paperwork for any of them.

It's the best part of working investigations/plain clothes. Patrol will kick off a pursuit, or go enroute to some hosed up disturbance, unless I end up tasing somebody I can do whatever and not write a thing.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
None of y'all get enough credit for the shite jobs

http://vimeo.com/60500444 <---time lapse vid of fans leaving Wembley

e: gently caress doin' what y'all do, just fyi. People suck and they smell funny.

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Aug 4, 2014

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Whale Cancer posted:

Ok, so they're like the UK version of the BART police. Except the BART police shoot black people in the back of the head execution style in the blackest of black cities *Oakland*

Well.....A few years ago we shot a brown person in the back of the head (11 times, while he was face down on the floor) on BTP's patch. There was quite a bit of paperwork for that one though. Not exactly the MET's finest hour.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Not exactly the MET's finest hour.

How many shots did they miss?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Whale Cancer posted:

You mean Amtrak. :colbert:

So I guess they are pretty much worthless for real policing. :rimshot:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Well.....A few years ago we shot a brown person in the back of the head (11 times, while he was face down on the floor) on BTP's patch. There was quite a bit of paperwork for that one though. Not exactly the MET's finest hour.

The fallout from that was classic though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Jean_Charles_de_Menezes posted:

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) launched two investigations. Stockwell 1, the findings of which were initially kept secret, concluded that none of the officers would face disciplinary charges. Stockwell 2 strongly criticized the police command structure and communications to the public, bringing pressure on the Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair to resign. In July 2006, the Crown Prosecution Service said there was insufficient evidence to prosecute any of the officers, although a corporate criminal prosecution of the Metropolitan Police was brought under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. This alleged that the police service had failed in its duty of care to Menezes. The service was found guilty and fined.

You can't shoot Brazilians in the head from a distance of less than a metre any more, it's health and safety gone mad.

WreckSov posted:

How many shots did they miss?

Wikipedia posted:

Two officers fired a total of eleven shots according to the number of empty shell casings found on the floor of the train afterwards. The leaked IPCC documents also indicated that an additional three shots had missed Menezes.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
My Dad worked on the case, the muzzle of one of the officers pistols was pressed up against the back of his skull and he emptied the magazine, the recoil mean that the muzzle slipped off the back of his head and put a few in to the floor of the carriage.

To be fair on the officers they had just been told unequivocally that Menezes was wearing a suicide vest and standard practice under operation Kratos (thank the US DHS and Shin Bet for cooking that one up for us) means you get shot in the back of the loving melt without any questions. The real blame lies with the stupid loving surveillance officers who weren't doing their job properly.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
lmao good job special relations http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28635902

BBC News posted:

US police detain giant tortoise after brief chase

Police in Alhambra in greater Los Angeles have recaptured a giant tortoise called Clark after a brief chase along the city's streets. "The tortoise did try to make a run for it, but our officers are pretty fast," said the Alhambra Police Department on its Facebook page.

It took two officers to manoeuvre the 150lb (70kg) reptile into a police car. Clark was taken to an animal rescue centre, from where he was later claimed by his owners. Keeping giant desert tortoises is illegal without a permit, but police will not be prosecuting Clark's owners. "We enjoy keeping families together, so an exception was made in this case," Alhambra police said.

A local expert identified Clark as a sulcata tortoise, or African spurred tortoise, native to the southern fringes of the Sahara desert. Gary Wilfong of the California Turtle and Tortoise Club told the Los Angeles Times that Clark looked like an 18- to-20-year-old male. Tortoises can run as fast as 1mph (1.6km/h) "if they really want to," Mr Wilfong said.

look at that criminal mastermind right there guys

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Genuinely surprised they didn't shoot it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Genuinely surprised they didn't shoot it.

Especially since it's African.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Pesticide20 posted:

:vince:

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

Pesticide20 posted:

Sorry, African American.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

lmao good job special relations http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28635902

look at that criminal mastermind right there guys

That is one dense fucker if it weighed that much.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
we only shoot dogs, and only after the owner is handcuffed and face down on the ground like god intended.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Had a showdown with BTP this morning, a call went out on a cross-force channel for additional units as BTP had (I'm not fibbing here) left a McDonalds at 4am and stumbled on a large pub fight on our patch. By the time we turn up with 12 officers and 3 wagons they have the situation well under control, 4 people in cuffs. One of the 6 BTP officers walks up and says "there you go, your patch, your bodies" naturally we said gently caress off, so it then turns in to a pissing contest to see who can get the highest ranking officer to turn up and give out orders. We won after a chief inspector turned up and BTP could only rustle up a pair of sergeants and said "next time eat your refs in a train station and this won't happen. Also don't be using our nick for those bodies, we are full"

Why can't we just get along?

Most of my intake started work in London and from what I've heard from one of my mates, this sounds about right. Seems that the vast majority of decent BTP are in my division! He's sick of most of his colleagues who are incredibly lazy. One of them is nicknamed Bongo because he books on and never goes out of the station.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

The real blame lies with the stupid loving surveillance officers who weren't doing their job properly.

While not being entirely blameless there are other parties much more deserving of that accusation.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Wurzag posted:

While not being entirely blameless there are other parties much more deserving of that accusation.

I can't think of anyone else who is more deserving of that accusation. There are plenty of holes and shortcomings in the policies, procedures and the people that made them, but let's not forget that the officer who radioed that he had positively identified the target was actually taking a piss up a wall without telling anyone to cover his OP point and literally only saw the back of De Menezes' head.

A common sense approach would have been to have AFO officers calmly walk up to him and point a glock at the side of his head and do a section 60 search.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
So are we going to have separate US and Brit cop lounge threads because I can only read and understand about half of what's said in our lounge threads anymore.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Too many foreigners invading our soils. :911:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Hey, it's our language, you hick bastards, according to Fox news you'll all be speaking Spanish or 'muslim' in a few years anyway. I imagine you all sound like that diabeetus guy IRL.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
All Americans either speak Boston or Texas American. Some are bilingual but it's pretty rare since their schools only go to grade 6 now.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Boston "speech" is far more incomprehensible than this torytalkin'

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Hey, it's our language, you hick bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
MOLON LABE OUR ENGLISH THEN LOBSTERBACKS.

• Locked thread