Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Branis posted:

we already had this debate and we all agreed lefse, lutefisk, and hotdish are the greatest foods ever brought to america by immigrants.

The first two sound like the names of North Atlantic fish species.

Greatest food brought to America was Pizza. Second greatest is anything Amish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

GunForumMeme posted:

Mmmm sweet amish hotdish.

Edit You know, those hot amish girls on tv.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 10, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GunForumMeme posted:

Modern Pizza is more American than it is Italian. The tomato is a new world food.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

y'all ain't know poo poo 'bout good food

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Did anyone else notice that there are a ridiculous number of views vs replies on this thread

Less than 100 replies
2000+ views

What's all that about

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
the ACAB crowd is watching us.... or more likely, rein of pain just sitting there :f5:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

beanieson posted:

the ACAB crowd is watching us.

Or our supervisors since they can't video record our shitposting... yet. :ninja:

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Or our supervisors since they can't video record our shitposting... yet. :ninja:

They can, but it generates a lot of page views apparently. :p

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
(I lurk. I'm only married to an LEO, so I am not qualified to comment. :( )

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Edwardian posted:

Sure you are, a few regulars are former LEO and RoP is an IRS IT guy. Nobody cares who posts in here :thumbsup:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Edwardian posted:

Of course you can comment! You can provide a unique perspective that may be helpful for some of us in here :)

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

For gently caress's sake we let Mortabis post in here, nobody cares if you're an actual cop or not.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
But would we let any brass types post in here?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
I'm a dirty journalist who covers the crime beat locally. I haven't gotten run out with nightsticks yet.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
I think I have posted once or twice in the past. My husband is USCIS/FDNS.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
i'm fairly certain beanieson is a sergeant or took the sergeants exam which is just as bad IMO.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
probably shouldn't mention that i'm doing my sergeants in a couple of months times

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Branis posted:

i'm fairly certain beanieson is a sergeant or took the sergeants exam which is just as bad IMO.

nnnnnnooooooooooooo I turned it down

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I am a FEDERAL public servant that works for the most important "organization" in the world. The one that funds the US of loving A.

Y'all are just local yokels that would have all your paycheck money stolen by China and any country that ends in "stan" if it weren't for my badassery at WPC enforcement.

I have nothing to do with the email. I hope none of you are pilots.

:colbert:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
yeah right, IRS IT guy has nothing to do with email. TELL US ABOUT THE HARD DRIVES.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Branis posted:

yeah right, IRS IT guy has nothing to do with email. TELL US ABOUT THE HARD DRIVES.

Funny fact - My HP craptop just poo poo a brick and I've had to work AT THE OFFICE for 2 weeks straight. The indignity!

I usually have to go in once a week...but noooooooo HP hardware is surprisingly poo poo.

As far as Lerners drive goes, the bottom line is that it was scratched AND encrypted and it would have involved work above and beyond to accomplish so like gently caress that n stuff.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Reign Of Pain posted:

Funny fact - My HP craptop just poo poo a brick and I've had to work AT THE OFFICE for 2 weeks straight. The indignity!

I usually have to go in once a week...but noooooooo HP hardware is surprisingly poo poo.

As far as Lerners drive goes, the bottom line is that it was scratched AND encrypted and it would have involved work above and beyond to accomplish so like gently caress that n stuff.

We need a camera on you guys 24/7

e: were you involved in bringing Wesley Snipes to justice?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

We need a camera on you guys 24/7

e: were you involved in bringing Wesley Snipes to justice?

I was (and pray to loving anything that will listen to not send me back) in the internal helpdesk there and we were monitored for our entire shift by a dozen different people from all across the country. No video monitors but calls are recorded, your computer desktop and every action you take is recorded.

Not in Available mode or on ACD IN for 3+ minutes?!?!? CALL FROM MANAGER :mad:

Wanna take a poo poo? Why wasn't your aspect system in "Bio" for less than 6 minutes?

The reality of THX 1138 started when Bill human being Gates was born.

THE AFRICAN TOILETS ARE A LIE

i am crazy

e: which one of you tossers is up for a game of KF? I'm in now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87-bM35uWPI

bored

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 11, 2014

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur
Howdy Pig Pen!

Tomorrow is Monday. That means it's almost Wednesday when my retirement case finally goes before the board. I'm 5 votes away from ending this loving ordeal, just a week shy of the four year anniversary.

Safe to say I'm gonna be loving useless at work this week waiting for that drat hearing.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

SrgMagnum posted:

Safe to say I'm gonna be loving useless at work this week waiting for that drat hearing.

I wouldn't recommend doing this on the most important week of your career if the people you work with know how to speak to the wrong people. Even haphazardly n poo poo...

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Reign Of Pain posted:

I wouldn't recommend doing this on the most important week of your career if the people you work with know how to speak to the wrong people. Even haphazardly n poo poo...

I'm temporarily working for my brother as his assistant. Luckily he's much more understanding than any reasonable boss would be. He's basically given me a pass for this week. Plus we're in a brief lull so there's not much work to be done and it won't put anyone else out.

Basically I got really lucky and my brother is a cool boss. He keeps asking when I'll be quitting and how I'll do it. Still looking for the perfect method.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
I know people who train and care for the horses used by mounted police, and have a friend who is actually A Police.

Also I daydream about riding a motorcycle around, buckshooting people who don't indicate properly, but that is neither here nor there.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Local horse chat is easily the best cop chat, so that's always welcome.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

I lurk as well, work for a large department as a 911 call taker for past few years and because my pops is a cop.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My step-sister is a dispatcher and fucks a lot of cops. A number of them are married. I know that the idea of a dispatcher loving a married cop is crazy, but it happens.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

My step-sister is a dispatcher and fucks a lot of cops. A number of them are married. I know that the idea of a dispatcher loving a married cop is crazy, but it happens.

We have a few of those here.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

A dispatcher that fucks cops? No way, tell me more.

Does she also sleep with them? :troll:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
We never get to meet our dispatchers, but DDO's (detention officers) and probationers get passed around like a bag of sweets. When an attractive new female ends up being assigned to a response team it's like flies round poo poo and half of them end up getting logjammed within the first few months.

Hezzy, does your probationary period get waived because you served as a special?

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Bernard, in shocking news your gaffer has had to actually do some work http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28744013

BBC News posted:

Met Commissioner cut short interview to make arrest

The Metropolitan Police Commissioner interrupted an interview with BBC London 94.9 to jump into a taxi and make an arrest.

Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe was near Bruce Grove station in Tottenham, north London, when a taxi driver said his passengers had refused to pay the fare and had stolen his mobile phone. He jumped into the taxi in pursuit and arrested a suspect some distance away.

The Met Police said a 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of theft. Sir Bernard was being interviewed with BBC London 94.9's Eddie Nestor on the issue of cuts the force had to make when the minicab driver approached him.

The commissioner's bodyguard, who also got into the minicab with Sir Bernard, arrested another suspect nearby, it is understood.

(serves him right for going to bloody Tottenham)

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

dispatcher fucks a lot of cops.

Story checks out.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

We never get to meet our dispatchers, but DDO's (detention officers) and probationers get passed around like a bag of sweets. When an attractive new female ends up being assigned to a response team it's like flies round poo poo and half of them end up getting logjammed within the first few months.

Hezzy, does your probationary period get waived because you served as a special?

Nah, it finishes in March. But you're allowed to take OSPRE in the year that your probation ends. Mock is in Oct / Nov with the real thing in January, so I've heard. Looking forward to it! Brushing up on poaching offences and the Badger Act

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Hezzy posted:

Nah, it finishes in March. But you're allowed to take OSPRE in the year that your probation ends. Mock is in Oct / Nov with the real thing in January, so I've heard. Looking forward to it! Brushing up on poaching offences and the Badger Act

I've searched someone under the badger act. That was a very :smug: moment. Good luck with the Sergeants exam, you clearly aren't retarded so I'm sure you will pass with flying colours.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Bernard, in shocking news your gaffer has had to actually do some work http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-28744013

(serves him right for going to bloody Tottenham)

Surprised he wasn't lynched by the locals. Would have loved to have seen the custody Sergeants face when he realized he couldn't be a patronizing oval office to the arresting officer for once.
Good on him though, there was a story a few months ago about a whole bunch of chief constables having a mothers meeting in Soho, witnessed a theft and then took the robber to the ground and sat on him until regulars turned up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pickpocket-chased-around-soho-posse-3049487

I heard an awesome story where a Chief Superintendent was driving through someone elses ground recently and switched to the local police radio out of boredom. Overhead an armed robbery in progress, thought 'gently caress it, I'll have some of that', belted it to the scene and nicked an armed suspect with his bare hands and no cuffs.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Surprised he wasn't lynched by the locals. Would have loved to have seen the custody Sergeants face when he realized he couldn't be a patronizing oval office to the arresting officer for once.

Are your custody Sgts awkward to deal with? Ours are pretty decent and the worst thing they'll do is send the prisoner (and you) to hospital for whatever reason.

I'm aware that yours can refuse to accept the arrest, is that right? I've never heard ours do that, as long as it isn't a ridiculous mess up on the arresting officers part I can't imagine why they'd do that.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
How about them race riots in the sleepy midwest.

All because "Unarmed Man Shot By Police!"... After he tried to take a cops gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Untagged posted:

How about them race riots in the sleepy midwest.

All because "Unarmed Man Shot By Police!"... After he tried to take a cops gun.

No but you see. He was killed in cold blood!

• Locked thread