Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Untagged posted:

BLM Rangers are "real cops", just like National Park Service, Forest Service, Fish and Wildlife, etc. Federal law enforcement agency jurisdiction can get wonky in some areas and it can depend if an arrest is made on federal land with exclusive jurisdiction or concurrent jurisdiction or on state/county jurisdiction where the Rangers have authority granted by code or local jurisdictions, etc. etc. etc. Some places request that if a federal ranger arrests someone for local charges the local authorities process and book the arrest. While in other places (like here) most law enforcement rangers are granted statewide authority and they can arrest, process, book, and submit the charges all on their own without our help. That said most of them probably won't know the local process or have the ability to transport so we'll end up helping them out anyway.

I worked around BLM when I was in CBP, they were great. They seemed to have a decent amount of autonomy and were always helpful, and most importantly knew their way around the area extremely well, which was really important to us. I was in CA and I'm 99% sure they had authority to make arrests and cite persons, so they must have had some follow on training with the state. Seemed like they had it alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homie S
Aug 6, 2001

This is what it means

Edwardian posted:

If anyone's interested, there's going to be a GS-13 Citizenship & Immigration/FDNS Investigator position being posted in September, for the Pittsburgh, PA office.

I've worked with FDNS only once, they seemed to have it okay. Is this a LE covered position or is it for the INA stuff?

• Locked thread