Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I moved to Denver earlier this month. I am considering riding a little bit tomorrow because its supposed to be fairly warm and sunny. I was planning on riding from like noon to three. Is attempting to ride anywhere near the mountains certain death?

If not, is anyone else interested? I have yet to make moto-buddies, but I am absolutely stoked for the real riding season.

Also, for the OP: 2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (~7 years riding).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I'm going for it! (Assuming my bike's battery isn't dead)

update - Went through Bristol and on a ways. Roads were wet in places, but no ice. Bike is now filthy, but I am happy to have had a chance to ride. Also the hp loss at altitudue is hilarious. Definitely scenery that doesn't exist in Dallas (my prior home).

TEASE MY NECKBEARD fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 26, 2015

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Whoop's I meant Bailey. I mostly just went that way because I drove it a couple of weeks ago in my car and it wasn't icy.

Fairly chilly at elevation though!

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
I haven't had the bike tuned yet. The ECU is supposed to adjust and self tune, but I am sure a custom job would likely be more effective. I'm not sure its possible to tune it in such a way that totally offsets all the lost HP, though.

I'll probably get it tuned and heated grips installed sometime soon.

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Yeah, the riding was fantastic.

I went up to Evergreen and beyond. Roads started to get a little sketchy from the sand, but otherwise fun. I basically just kept a fairly low speed. The b-king is a big bike and waggling the tail on sand goes from fun to scary pretty fast, haha.

I attempted a ride with a group from meetup.com. It was a bunch of slapdicks with no helmets or common sense. The group also had fairly agressive canned-ham riders. Overall, terrible experience. I ditched out and went solo after about 45 minutes.

I've got a fairly nuts schedule for the next few months, so I'll probably have to plan a few of my springtime rides out a few weeks in advance. I'll make sure to post them up here for those who are interested in joining.

Also may be adding a wr250x to the collection soon >:]

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Anyone got an idea of a decent ride for this Saturday? Weather looks nice!

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Anyone have a Denver area shop they trust? This will be the first time having someone else work on my bikes. I need to get some spare time. Its a suzuki b-king if that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEASE MY NECKBEARD
Jan 13, 2009
Was it insured? Just buy another one and insure it well.

I make it a point to not get sentimentally attached to bikes for this reason. It could get stolen or wrecked so easily. Just pick up another one and wheelie off into the sunset.

• Locked thread