Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Option 1: Cancel your request in NSIPS and keep your mouth shut. Sell back leave upon separation. Profit.

Option 2: Tell your chain of command so the Approver in your chain of command can approve the request, causing it to be charged against your balance.

The choice is yours. Dark side, or light side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Zotix posted:

To follow up on my last question a few days back, how exactly do I read this http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/selres/Documents/SELRES%20Manning%20for%20WEB.pdf

I assume this is the most recent chart for current manning levels of the different rates. I'm interested in CTN as I posted earlier, so what row am I looking at for someone who is potentially looking to sign at MEPS. Is it CTN1, or the total row for it?

CTN is an open rating. Meaning Sailors that are in their window to reenlist (13 months prior to the end of their contracts) will be granted approval to do so.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Documents/CNAV%20BY%20SKILL%20SET%209%20July%20(ACRC).pdf

What, exactly, are you trying to understand about CTN? If you want to see specific rating info, look at the quad chart: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/enlisted/community/crypto_it/Documents/CTN%20Community%20Summary%20Sheet.ppt

This chart tells us that the Navy needs the gently caress out of more CTNs due to increased manning requirements next year, they're undermanned in just about every year group, and their advancement is among the best for "Fleet" ratings (non-SPECOPS/SPECWAR).

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Analogical posted:

I've been getting pushed to put a packet in for CTN since I don't language anymore and my DLPT is going to be a PTS issue. Is CTN also a MD/HA/GA/TX affair? Or can CTNs (regularly) get orders outside the big four? Like Alaska or Germany. Likewise nobody has been clear on if I'd get buckled down from PO2 if I did take it.

Your career counselor needs to pick up a phone and call the CTN ECM to get those details for you.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

DownByTheWooter posted:

I don't know what TRS is, but they made me sign up for T-GPS here. I just still call it "TAP" because that's what everyone says conversationally. The command, collectively, has taken two full weeks to date to process my T-GPS request ... and I still haven't gotten it back. In the interim, the two sets of class dates I put on the chit filled up, naturally. The ones I'm hoping for right now will run the week where my terminal starts on a Friday, so it's such a good scenario that I refuse to believe it will actually happen. In any case, adjusting fire on that terminal leave request will come after this, since my LCPO already told me that my terminal leave request has to be routed on a navcompt 3065, and then I will have to follow that up by putting it in to E-leave after the captain approves it? Not sure why they felt the need to add a process on top of a process, but with the end so close in sight, I don't ask why anymore, I just jump through the god drat hoops.

Not saying it's totally your fault, but you should have gone to T-GPS a year ago. You've been planning to separate for a long time, right?

A lot of commands do that with e-Leave, because they want the CO to approve terminal leave requests, but the CO is often not your approver in e-Leave. Rather than change the routing chain in e-Leave for every Sailor submitting a terminal leave chit, they just have you route a paper chit first. Then you have to submit e-Leave so the leave can actually be charged to your balance.

I recommend that you get permission from your command to attend T-GPS as a stand-by. Granted I'm in Hampton Roads, but every single Sailor I've sent as a stand-by has gotten a seat.

The online course is only supposed to be used by Sailors that cannot attend T-GPS due to geographical restrictions.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Got PCS orders to Dam Neck today :toot:. Attending ECS in Gulfport in route. Anyone been through ECS? Any tips 'n' tricks?

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Had to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj23I8hgj28

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

We had this really hairy gross cook who had pimples all over his arms, and he'd be the guy to make the pasta salad in one of those big copper pots. He wore plastic gloves while he mixed the cold pasta and mayo or whatever, but he'd go elbows deep into that poo poo, all his hair and pimples up in the pasta salad :barf: :barf: :barf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

How I remember most cooks I've known in the Navy:

• Locked thread