Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Regarding the Surveying bar:

Sometimes it just doesn't show up. I have no idea why. Saying that, State of Decay has plenty of little... quirks like that. I think sometimes it just doesn't flag surveying as an objective when you climb a tower.

Looking forward to the rest of this!

(Speed rummage through everything!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Because timing is everything, State Of Decay is now 66% off on steam.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Moronic Farce posted:

I've heard this game is really hard on graphics cards, mine isn't fantastic so I have reservations about going for it.

I ran it on medium on an 8800GTX and it was playable.

skoolmunkee posted:

Next 2'updates recorded, expect one by the weekend :3:

Yissss. Meat and potatoes time.

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 7, 2014

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Skoolmunkee may seem a happy-go-lucky zombie killer, but that's all a ruse.

FIVE SECONDS AFTER I WALK OUT THE GATE:

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
"Always entertain strangers, for you may unknowingly entertain angels!

-Except skoolmunkee she can go straight to hell."

-Pastor William

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

PunkBoy posted:

How hard is it to put in custom survivors? Might be fun to see my friends and I die horribly try to survive.

It's actually pretty easy, it's just a lot of text editing and file moving so time is more an issue than skill. Most of the data is in xml files, and it's just a case of finding what each model/whatever looks like in game.

Plenty of guides out there!

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Wiseblood posted:

I don't know if any spawn in story mode but one of the best characters in Breakdown is a female powerhouse.

Amelia Crasman. :allears:

There are three-ish random female survivors with random naming who can get powerhouse in story mode.

:eng101:

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Sep 29, 2014

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
I fully expected to hear the sound of a microphone being knocked off the desk, stamping feet and then a slamming door as the Caballos piled up.

Also please don't punch me in the mouth, Skippy.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
Look man when you get a steam message out of the blue saying 'Hey can you do me a favour' and then realising that favour is entirely to make a joke at your expense you try saying no.

Also, I had Becca dissapear in my game recently. No sign of her whatsoever. It's spreading.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

AltaBrown posted:

You know, Skoolmunkee did fantastic work getting 7 Caballos in the court house, but I feel like she didn't really optimize her spacing.

Anyone want to try for 9?

Pfft, Optimisation?

Who needs THAT?

Hotwire fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 2, 2014

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

skoolmunkee posted:

Punchy, you beautiful, beautiful man. I was doubtful at the start, with the smoking cars and the failed attempts at ramping the barrier, but I should have known better. Amazing :3: Is that all the caballos on the map? You might have won this one. So proud of you!

I don't think I've ever heard that Count song but it seemed a little wrong... Counting himself, going faster and faster?!?

That is ALL the Caballos I could find, yup. I drove off to find another one but then the courthouse exploded as I was driving away.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Shei-kun posted:

Please tell me that bit was recorded as well. That just sounds too magical not to witness.

I wish it was. I was around the corner in a pizza delivery car and just heard a very faint *boomboomboomboomboomboom*

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

countzio posted:

I wasn't planning on posting this to the thread (don't ask why) but people were like "post it" and I was like "Meeehhhhh, fine"

No music though, only botching.
This, minus copious amounts of fire, was how two of my attempts went, including pizza-car unseating.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

quote:

Why would I intentionally eat one?

Well, we all gotta go sometime and this is better than most of the other ways.

This is my exact reasoning for eating takeout at all. I like these guys.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Samovar posted:

Aw, I'm glad you guys liked my thing! .

I probably drowned out skool and skippy's ability to hear it with my choked laughter!

Also yes, I am horwire. Thanks.

(my favorite character line by the way is probably either 'howdy, fella. You hungry?' or 'hey, I think I lost my virginity behind that place!')

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
I have so much to apologise for.

Count Zio, amongst others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Appropriate on multiple levels.

• Locked thread