Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
If there was a sliding scale of well done propaganda this would be considered off-the-charts bad. I was in Siberia when Russia invaded Georgia and the narrative from everyone was "GEORGIA INVADED/ATTACKED US WE MUST DEFEND OUR PEOPLE" and I think even someone with a lobotomy could have figured out that maybe something was fishy with the idea that Georgia was unilaterally attacking Russia. Like, this is going to be the kind of thing that people in the distant future look back on as evidence that some modern people were very, very stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

utjkju posted:

Really? May be propaganda is bad, because it is not propaganda... People show real situation in Ukraina. People don't wish war!

Nobody is arguing that people in those parts of Ukraine don't want war, people are pointing out that the reason there's war is your country is funnelling arms into the area and shelling it from across the loving border.

this is fact.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Well you've convinced me. I mean all those times Russians were caught in Ukraine, Russian weapons were caught being brought across the border, Russian soldiers were transporting those weapons, the mounds of evidence for shelling beyond just US satellite photos, those were all flukes/Western propaganda. Good thing the media sources for pretty much every country that isn't Russia have a counterforce such as the noble guardians of truth "Russian Forum Posters" and "RT" to call them out on their global conspiracy to keep the great failing petrologarchy of Russia from its true potential of, I don't know, annexing loving parts of Ukraine.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Why is forum of Donbas more trustworthy than literally every reporter who is not openly being paid for by the Russian government?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

utjkju posted:

Reporter is openly being paid for by the governments of other countries.

Well besides this not being universally true, why is it so likely that everyone but Russia, a country with a history of bullshit press, is lying?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
I have no idea who the gently caress Psaki is, but from my personal experience I've seen incredibly intelligent people turn into complete blubbering morons in the face of some of the stupidest propaganda I've ever heard of and I'm not willing to operate on the assumption you're as smart as those people.

Do you think the "vote" in Crimea was handled reasonably and fairly?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

utjkju posted:

I know your opinion - the "vote" in Crimea was not handled reasonably and fairly. Am I right?

I cannot conceive of a single way in which it could be interpreted as having been reasonable and fair.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Okay, let's assume that the election was free and fair: how was it legally binding since that wasn't actually a valid mechanism for secession under the Ukrainian constitution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

utjkju posted:

Was Ukrainian government legally in time of the election in Crimea?

So just to be clear: you believe that governments which have been questionably founded lose the right to territorial integrity?

• Locked thread