Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

utjkju posted:

Some companies changed the organization of work. But sanctions are not very big problem.

A lot of these people are being sarcastic, which may not translate well. Tread carefully here! The language barrier is not doing you any favors for political argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

utjkju posted:

Ok, therefore i don't write story of my relatives. I show vidio and news.

Your story will be more credible than videos and news, because much of this news is coming from sources that are not considered credible. You're also a pretty good storyteller, from what I remember of your other thread!

My best advice would be to try and find German or French or other European news stories that corroborate what you're trying to say with your Russian news and social media.

Edit: It's like the Israel/Palestine arguments. If you use something from The Times of Israel, Fox News, or Al Jazeera, anything of substance actually said is immediately lost in arguments about the source. Something like the BBC usually has strong reporting and less of a bias than many of these other sources, so can provide a neutral ground for establishing facts and their relevance to the discussion.

Personal anecdotes become more valuable in the absence of reliable information authorities.

litany of gulps fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 4, 2014

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Also this is really the wrong forum for this sort of talk, and you'd have a more polite conversation in Debate and Discussion rather than this cesspit.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3618446&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=427

• Locked thread