Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a ritard
Jul 31, 2014

by XyloJW
so i've been working with honey and it seperated in storage!
is that normal for natural honey? am i working with imitation honey?
just curious. here's a link http://www.lformula.com/index.php?part=him006&page=009

(jtbc it tastes great)

a ritard fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Define separated? I have a glass of 100% real honey from my coworkers dad's hive and it also "separated", i.e. the sugar cristallized in the bottom.

Hint: warm it up (the entire container) and stir it and it goes back to normal.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 5, 2014

a ritard
Jul 31, 2014

by XyloJW
yeah, sugar crystals were at the bottom, it's mixed into a recipe so it wasn't a big deal or anything, i was just curious.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I think that crystallization of sugar is actually more common in natural honey then in heavily processed honey.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
It's a matter of excess moisture in the honey, usually. Commercial honey is usually heat dried a bit to remove extra moisture and thus make it more shelf stable. Honey which is less processed tends to crystallize much faster, though it is perfectly fine to eat and will normally re-liquify if the container is carefully simmered in some water for a bit.

We keep bees and thus always have tons of honey, and it all crystallizes. Not a big deal at all.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Crystalized honey almost lets me pretend like I'm eating honeycomb.

...almost. :negative:

AdvilSmith
Aug 15, 2014

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
I just picked up sum me honey with the honeycomb in it. How do I go about eating the honeycomb? Do I just chew on it or do I actually consume it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Chew on it like gum.

• Locked thread