Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
You know, I'm noticing a problem with this LP.

We haven't got nearly enough silly inspiring names for our ships! FF-4 Missile Frigate is all very well for dinky little corvettes, but surely our capital ships deserve something better! The Advisory Committee should get on this immediately to ensure the morale of our boys and girls in space. After all, how would YOU like fighting on a ship so expendable it doesn't warrant a name?

I propose that ship classes be named after classic X-Com monsters: The Sectoid class, the Cyberdisk class, etc. As for individual ship names, some suggestions!

Suicidal Insanity
Tin Can And A Bottle Rocket
Welcome to Earf
Shielded by Optimism
The Audacity of Hope
I Regret To Inform You
Xenophilia
Don't Worry, *I* Can Hear You Scream!
Explosive Decompressor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Oh, by the way - I, Paolo Cavaliere, hero of Italy, would like to sign up for war amongst the stars! Preferably a position that allows...lucrative opportunities with the exciting new technologies being spread!

(If there's any kind of corruption trait, get me on that poo poo ASAP. Otherwise, though, simply being Italian is fine!)

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

occipitallobe posted:

There are only non-Italian corrupt people. As always, Italy remains the centre of model government compared to the seethingly corrupt and inefficient Germans. Would you prefer a corruption trait, or Italian nationality?

So I had to change my passport a few times to escape the long arm of the incorruptible Italian law, what of it? I, Paolo Cavaliere, care not so long as I can make a fortune!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

I, Paolo Cavaliere, wish to make it known that I happened to find a fresh pair of Fleet Admiral pants, never used before, when it fell off the back of a space truck! If you wish to know the sublime joys of high rank and command (albeit only in your lower extremities,) you need but to contact me and I, Paolo Cavaliere, shall be happy to accommodate you for a perfectly reasonable fee!

• Locked thread