Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Kuvo posted:

:siren: IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT TWITCH ARCHIVES :siren:
http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/

Figured here would be the best place to post this. tldr Twitch is redoing its servers and is nuking all past broadcasts. If you want them saved you will need to export them to youtube thought their video manager.

Wow, that absolutely makes me sick. There's a lot of things I still want to watch, and a lot of things I want to be able to watch in the future, but I'm not some big company like, say, Twitch, who can afford to keep things on their servers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

They do apparently have an option for that. I saw it last time I did a mini stream, at least.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

A friend of mine just got yelled at by Hitbox admins for showing part of a Game Center CX episode while on bathroom break. Is there a streaming service he can use that won't bust his chops about interspersing gaming with gaming show?
Nobody ever pays attention on Livestream, so probably that.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

the 30 in 630 pretty much means lovely budget card, so try to plan around avoiding that. I personally use a GTX 750 but finding one in your price range is probably going to be difficult without getting one that's lovely for entirely different reasons. I just wouldn't recommend the exact one I got because it has poo poo cooling and kills itself under full load after only a short while. All I can say is be more careful than I am and shop around for benchmark specs and reviews to see what any given piece of hardware is actually going to do for the money.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I wish it would say what kind of power connector, if any, it requires. I once had a hangup where I graduated from a card with nothing to a card with a 6 pin connector for the PSU on it, and I had to get a new PSU before the card was useable. It was a pain in the rear end since I couldn't do anything to prevent the problem and not all the cards of the same line required the 6 pin cable anyway.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

It's right in the OP. Not even far down. No, it doesn't apply anymore.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Streaming Mario romhacks and other assorted garbage.

http://www.hitbox.tv/lizardwizard

Sounds more like newborn babies crying to me

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Vifs posted:

I'm not sure if anyone has already posted this, but I found a program that let's you watch twitch streams though VLC or MPC. It popped up while I was looking around on google to fix the buffering issue twitch has. I haven't used it look but seems to work good, no buffering or anything that happened on the browser for me. Anyway you can download it at http://tards.net/ they guy set up a sub-reddit but it's pretty easy to use so you shouldn't have to bother with any of that. Also if you get a black screen when you try to load in a stream, then you need to point the program to use VLC instead.
I just use Livestreamer.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Imightberusty posted:

what

youre tellin me you didnt see ties stream????

Usually one talks about the stream before and not after.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

I look forward to many bothered beavers.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Great Joe posted:

Play Quiplash with me and a few other people! Only a browser needed!

http://hitbox.tv/youraveragejoe

Maybe don't start the game barely a minute after posting with hardly anyone actually playing within your own group.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Except the point of his post was to try and paint the style he doesn't like as inferior. Chill streaming is just a crutch for non-charismatic people. Playing popular games is a thing only witless, monkey-see monkey-do apes would do. Your stream has no worth unless you're an entertainer. CHILLING IS FOR THE WEAK. YOUR FAILURE TO REQUEST THE RAMONES IS YOUR FAILURE TO RETAIN MY VIEWERSHIP.

YOU DO NOT PLEASE ME. CHANGE.

Whoa, you're getting mad about streams, you know what happens when people get mad about things.

Artix posted:

pretty much anything Nintendo has made ever is out
Fixed that for you. Unless Nintendo forgot about it, it's probably going to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

A lot of people, at least as far as Hitbox is concerned, don't even make any concluded streams viewable to the public anyway, so it ends up that there's not much reason to look for them.