Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

He doesn't like me bringing this up, but I figure there's no better time to show just how tough on chilling Slur is.

Slur was once a frequent guest of mine on stream. This lasted until a Fable 3 stream where I hosed around, farted on peasants, made pies, fathered children - all the sorts of things that you do in a Fable game to have fun. However, Slur was having none of this and kept badgering me, on call, to do the main questline, which...well, it's kind of middling at best, but it wasn't my idea of fun either. I tried to tell him several times that I'd rather just keep doing what I was doing, and he would not drop it.

Slur is no longer part of my streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I can't wait for the next iteration of this thread:

The Let's Stream Thread IV - The After Gas Chamber Years

Alternatively:

The Let's Stream Thread IV - Final Fantasy V Five Job Fiestas Should've Taken Their Siesta Here

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Roar posted:

So does the stream have to be all high-quality, serious and LP-centric?

Of course not! This is a place to play games with others or to LP in real time without the constraints of needing your own thread.

That being said, this is Something Awful so don't get all pissy if people make criticisms about your webcam screamfest.

That should cover it. Chillness is encouraged, but if someone's yowling about it, don't be a jerk to them for having an opinion.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Slur posted:

To be quite honest, nobody.

I've popped into each streamer's stream that has been on here. Once. I have got quite a bit of enjoyment from listening to some of you, but from there on, there have been a plethora of problems which discourage me from coming back. I can't list them all, but here are the most prominent ones:

1. The games which are being played are generally the ones which have been run through the mill back and forth. I've seen DOTA. I've seen L.A. Noire. I've seen way too much Dark Souls. I've seen all of this stuff constantly being played, and nothing is being added to the table. No clever interpretations. No wit. No humor. No divergences within gameplay style. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions.

2. Everyone is trying to go for a "chill vibe", rather than have any energy or enthusiasm behind their streams whatsoever. I consider this being used as an excuse for some: it's compensation for a direct lack of charisma or a direct lack of wanting to output energy and add something to the game altogether. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions while they're clearly bored.

3. Most people fail to interact with the audience in any way whatsoever, or (in some cases) are actively antagonistic towards their audiences or cocommentators. It doesn't exactly make me want to come back to a stream if I see the audience being ignored or antagonized, whether it's for "entertainment purposes" or not. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions while they're clearly bored and angry.

Oh no, how dare we not live up to Slur's high and mighty standards? :rolleyes:

Hey, I've got an idea. How about we talk about chat etiquette? Such as "Do not go into streams where you do not know anyone doing the streaming and ask to join the call" or " Do not come in and ask why you're streaming Game X because everyone and their mother has streamed Game X", or maybe even "Do not randomly pop in and ask how the hell you have so many viewers given *time of day*"

Because you've done all of them, to me and my friends. So maybe you're not the best person to be laying out any ground rules for streaming.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I really love how he brought up wanting to hear The Ramones during a Roarstream while shaming people who want to be sedated.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Slur posted:

1. The games which are being played are generally the ones which have been run through the mill back and forth. I've seen DOTA. I've seen L.A. Noire. I've seen way too much Dark Souls. I've seen all of this stuff constantly being played, and nothing is being added to the table. No clever interpretations. No wit. No humor. No divergences within gameplay style. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions.

I almost thought I was reading the Sandcastle thread for a second there.

Do people in the Sandcastle still post and/or believe this poo poo? Or have they finally given it up?

What are you bringing to the table Slur? :rolleyes:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Artix posted:

Oh no, how dare we not live up to Slur's high and mighty standards? :rolleyes:

Hey, I've got an idea. How about we talk about chat etiquette? Such as "Do not go into streams where you do not know anyone doing the streaming and ask to join the call" or " Do not come in and ask why you're streaming Game X because everyone and their mother has streamed Game X", or maybe even "Do not randomly pop in and ask how the hell you have so many viewers given *time of day*"

Because you've done all of them, to me and my friends. So maybe you're not the best person to be laying out any ground rules for streaming.

The first was done with the intention of joining in on the fun of the stream. The second is out of sheer curiosity, and wanting to know what could be brought to the table. The third is just to see how I can improve the state of things on my own stream. I never knew any of this put people off that greatly, Artix, and if it did, I'm really sorry.

I'm not trying to put a "high and mighty" standard here in this thread, and I apologize if it comes across that way; I just am stating what I would like to see in a stream, and what I consider to be quality-related issues in the streams that I generally see; the intention was not meant in order to be "holier than thou"; it's more or less "here's what I think". Maybe I'm guilty of half the things I criticize. I really do hope to fix them in the future so that I don't become the things I don't like.

Feel free to disagree with me if you please, but I don't consider bringing up "what Slur has done which I disagree with" to be a good stream discussion.

Slur fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 26, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Cernunnos posted:

I almost thought I was reading the Sandcastle thread for a second there.

Do people in the Sandcastle still post and/or believe this poo poo? Or have they finally given it up?

What are you bringing to the table Slur?

blind runs of dk64, which is a game that everyone loves

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Slur posted:

I don't consider bringing up "what Slur has done which I disagree with" to be a good stream discussion.

But bringing up "things Roar has done which I disagree with" is a-ok. Got it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Faerie Fortune posted:

But bringing up "things Roar has done which I disagree with" is a-ok. Got it.

The difference being that I'm looking at his stream quality and not his general actions in relation to others. Like I said in my post, feel free to give me a shout and tell me what you don't like about my streams.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Slur posted:

The difference being that I'm looking at his stream quality and not his general actions in relation to others. Like I said in my post, feel free to give me a shout and tell me what you don't like about my streams.

Oh, can I start then? How about not streaming SRPGs, one of the most stream-unfriendly games second only to Visual Novels? They have long periods of nothing happening where the bulk of the player interaction is thinking and checking moves, and one of the fastest ways to lose viewers is to have absolutely nothing happen.

Artix fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 26, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Slur posted:

I don't like that you don't live up to the standards you set for others. Don't be a dick, and we'll get along great.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Pyroi posted:

blind runs of dk64, which is a game that everyone loves

Friendly reminder that Slur only did this so he could beg for free video games.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Artix posted:

Oh, can I start then? How about not streaming SRPGs, one of the most stream-unfriendly games second only to Visual Novels? They have long periods of nothing happening where the bulk of the player interaction is thinking and checking moves, and one of the fastest ways to lose viewers is to have absolutely nothing happen.

Glad you have!

I disagree with this: sRPGs generally lend themselves to streaming if the method is being explained, which is what Fedule and I have been doing over the last few days, and explaining game mechanics to a meticulous point to where the stream remains educational, and thus fun for others. I've had a lot of people speculate plot, talk about my movement decisions, strategies, levelups, and various other particular strategic elements of the game. It's been fun for all of us, especially during the ending of Path of Radiance, when Boyd was ending out really, really well! Something was always happening, and there were suspenseful moments where my decisions would have cost me an entire match.

That was more for Path of Radiance however. The Radiant Dawn playthrough isn't going so swimmingly, and I understand why because you did post this. I need to get some more action games back in my library.

BattleCattle posted:

I don't like that you don't live up to the standards you set for others. Don't be a dick, and we'll get along great.

Ah, I'll try to live up to them in the future.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Friendly reminder that Slur only did this so he could beg for free video games.

Funnily enough, it wasn't my idea, nor did I even consider the thought until someone brought it up. I just thought it'd be entertaining as hell to see if it'd go through or not, and not so much to line my own pockets as much as see "just how far can we take this?" I wasn't expecting a single thing at the end of the day, and yet everyone was kind enough to stand behind what would not just be a good set of streams, but potential for more streams after: the copy of Splatoon was meant to have something else to stream afterwards which people would be genuinely entertained by on a consistent basis. So, no, I don't consider that begging for games as much as seeing what would happen if I let the thought enter the minds of goons. I could be wrong, though.

Thanks for giving me things to think about, guys! I generally want to encourage this kind of discussion in this thread for everyone, so long as it doesn't become vitriolic. Then again, would some of you think this is better suited for the Sandcastle? Or a separate Sandcastle of our own?

EDIT: Thinking about it now, I really am wrong in regards to my previous thoughts. Guess in trying to make things better I got a little too serious about the whole streaming thing. I'm sorry to anyone I offended, and I'll come back a better streamer and less of a dick.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 3, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Slur posted:

I'm generally opposed to shilling for donations unless the donations are going to a good charity rather than lining one's own pockets.

You're a shill you're a squid you're a shill you're a squid

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 26, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Slur posted:

Thanks for giving me things to think about, guys! I generally want to encourage this kind of discussion in this thread for everyone, so long as it doesn't backfire on me, Slur, high-level Fire Emblem player.

Fixed that for you.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

whenever I join streams I'm usually pretty chill :c00l:

usually because I'm not paying attention :v:

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

There's all kinds of audiences out there. Some like people who fall asleep during Dead Rising 7 Day Survivor attempts. Others apparently like meticulous explanations of game-mechanics in strategy RPG games. There's no real reason to try and appeal to any one group beyond personal preference (unless streaming is your livelihood).

This is just a matter of opinion and not fact, I feel. It's not like Slur's mentioned any objective complaints, like regarding the choppiness of a stream's frame rate or microphone quality. He just doesn't like streams where people have fun and don't discuss the game and instead just joke around and make jabs at each other, and don't engage their viewers in a gentle manner. And it's alright that he doesn't like that and instead prefers his own style of streaming.

It doesn't sound entertaining to me, but if he feels he's found his public, power to him I guess.

Edit:

Lizard Wizard posted:

Except the point of his post was to try and paint the style he doesn't like as inferior.
Well, most biased people do state their opinions as facts. Slur did so. I didn't point it out, because it seemed like a redundant point to make.
And also because I don't want to engage Slur in conversation, if I can help it.

All of this boring discussion aside:
Is there a trick to getting Twitch to display all streams and highlights at 360p or 480p? It seems my TabletPC can't handle Twitch streams at whatever higher resolution it defaults them to, which is a bit of a bother.

ElTipejoLoco fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 26, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Is there a trick to getting Twitch to display all streams and highlights at 360p or 480p? It seems my TabletPC can't handle Twitch streams at whatever higher resolution it defaults them to, which is a bit of a bother.

If you've got a Windows tablet, I suggest using a program called Livestreamer to watch streams instead. It's a command line tool that you point at whatever stream you wanna watch and you can specify what quality you want to watch in.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Cowman posted:

whenever I join streams I'm usually pretty chill :c00l:

usually because I'm not paying attention :v:

Especially when I am asking you for help.
:colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ElTipejoLoco posted:

There's all kinds of audiences out there. Some like people who fall asleep during Dead Rising 7 Day Survivor attempts. Others apparently like meticulous explanations of game-mechanics in strategy RPG games. There's no real reason to try and appeal to any one group beyond personal preference (unless streaming is your livelihood).

This is just a matter of opinion and not fact, I feel. It's not like Slur's mentioned any objective complaints, like regarding the choppiness of a stream's frame rate or microphone quality. He just doesn't like streams where people have fun and don't discuss the game and instead just joke around and make jabs at each other, and don't engage their viewers in a gentle manner. And it's alright that he doesn't like that and instead prefers his own style of streaming.

Except the point of his post was to try and paint the style he doesn't like as inferior. Chill streaming is just a crutch for non-charismatic people. Playing popular games is a thing only witless, monkey-see monkey-do apes would do. Your stream has no worth unless you're an entertainer. CHILLING IS FOR THE WEAK. YOUR FAILURE TO REQUEST THE RAMONES IS YOUR FAILURE TO RETAIN MY VIEWERSHIP.

YOU DO NOT PLEASE ME. CHANGE.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

This... really isn't a reason to get nettled. He has terrible opinions, but everybody knows that by now. Can we move on?

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

If you've got a Windows tablet, I suggest using a program called Livestreamer to watch streams instead. It's a command line tool that you point at whatever stream you wanna watch and you can specify what quality you want to watch in.
Oh, that sounds neat. I'll give it a shot as soon as an interesting Twitch stream's linked here. Thanks!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ElTipejoLoco posted:

Oh, that sounds neat. I'll give it a shot as soon as an interesting Twitch stream's linked here. Thanks!

It also works for hitbox streams too! The only caveat is that you don't get chat, but depending on who you're watching, that might be a good thing. If you give it a shot, the syntax for booting it up in the CMD is "livestreamer [stream URL] [quality]" and you can sub in either a video resolution (360p, 720p) or use a word like "worst" or "best" to get a certain stream quality.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Slur posted:

I've popped into each streamer's stream that has been on here. Once. I have got quite a bit of enjoyment from listening to some of you, but from there on, there have been a plethora of problems which discourage me from coming back. I can't list them all, but here are the most prominent ones:

2. Everyone is trying to go for a "chill vibe", rather than have any energy or enthusiasm behind their streams whatsoever. I consider this being used as an excuse for some: it's compensation for a direct lack of charisma or a direct lack of wanting to output energy and add something to the game altogether. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions while they're clearly bored.

3. Most people fail to interact with the audience in any way whatsoever, or (in some cases) are actively antagonistic towards their audiences or cocommentators. It doesn't exactly make me want to come back to a stream if I see the audience being ignored or antagonized, whether it's for "entertainment purposes" or not. It's not fun for me to see people go through the motions while they're clearly bored and angry.

1. Good games get played a lot, and on a first time playing, most people will be guided by the game. Fair enough if you personally don't want to see that, but throwing in an argument that has gotten laughed out of even the Sandcastle by now does you no favors. Some people like watching blind runs, even if most people's blind runs are the same.

2. Being chill =/= going through the motions. It's being relaxed, which is its own kind of energy. I can't speak for anyone else, but there's a fair bit of stress out there in the world that I have to deal with, and dropping into a stream where there is no stress is like slipping into a warm bath at the end of a long day. Sometimes you just need something to un-knot the muscles. (Granted, there are some people just going through the motions, but that's a separate issue.)

3. Some people aren't good at multitasking. There are likely streamers seeing like several pages of chat after several minutes of concentrating and going "poo poo, replying to all of that would be both pointless due to when it was relevant, and kinda lengthy and flow-breaking to do all of it. I guess I have to only respond to the last few bits again." Or worse someone who's completely given up on it for that same reason. Similarly, some people were brought up to think that being dicks to each other is the only "appropriate" way to show affection. I know I slip into that every once in a while even as a viewer. And then when people end up getting a lot of viewers for being a dick, how are you supposed to not keep doing it to entertain your audience?

Slur posted:

I'm not perfect either. I want to improve. I constantly find ways to try and improve my quality of streaming. If I suck, I want to be told I suck and why (and I encourage people to PM me about my streams and offer me some constructive criticism). If things can be improved, they should be. Perhaps if we keep raising the quality of our streams, we might (hypothetically) warrant our own subforum eventually.

I've tried watching your streams several times. The last time was when Iwata died; I liked the idea of paying homage and figured I'd give you another shot. Now, I get that he was your hero, and I've had enough of my heroes go down in various ways to know just how much that sucks. But after five straight minutes of hearing you wailing and gnashing your teeth harder than likely most of his family members - over a black screen the entire time I was watching, I might add - I was done. Energy is good, certainly. Hell, I love energy in my music. But there is a level where it becomes too much energy, and frankly every time I've tried to watch your stream, you've been looking down at that point and wondering what that tiny speck is.

Now, once again, this is great for some people. I may not be among them, but as you pointed out yourself, a fair number of people are being entertained by it. And that brings me to my main point: everyone's different in what they want. Which means that what we need isn't to play non-mainstream games, or to play mainstream games. It isn't to be energetic or to be chill. It isn't to call out everything every audience member says or only call out things you want to ridicule. It's to do all of these things and more. What the stream thread needs is not some idea of what's good and what's not, it needs variety. Which I think we have, more or less. There are some leanings in certain areas of course, which might use some correction, but people who care a lot about viewers will generally self-correct there to find the niches that aren't being catered to. The energy issue is probably one where it's leaning too heavily to the low energy end, for example, in part due to the nature of streams as low planning and setup (beyond the initial investment of broadcast program settings).

Also, on a "what-to-watch" note, you might try checking out Tiny Turtle's Grab Bag streams specifically. Some of his other streams might hit point #1 for you, but he also gets a lot of review copies for weird little games noone's heard of yet and tries them out in Grab Bag streams. #3 is definitely not a problem, as he's incredibly audience-interactive and friendly (minus anyone who's already sassing him first, like Kunai), and he can be pretty excitable (especially when he gets talking about game design) so I don't think #2 would be a problem either. I've had a more than a couple good discussions with him during a stream on the merits of various design decisions.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
YouTube's video game livestream thing launched today.

https://gaming.youtube.com

Edit -

Roar posted:

the SA Twitch group

Do you mean a Twitch team for SA members? Sort of like this: http://www.twitch.tv/team/rollplay ?

Didn't know that was a thing.

Edit 2 - Oh, found it. Neat, not sure if there's a signup or how to join it or whatever but kinda neat to do and it'd make sense to foster that and do collaborations. Just an idea.

quote:

Here's a discussion piece that I've been wondering: who have you all been watching stream? I've been looking for a new streamer or two to enjoy. Goon or non-goon is fine though I'm more looking into the latter since I already know most of the former. (please excuse any disjointed statements or typos in this, i am super tired)

No one from SA in particular. There's https://www.twitch.tv/Okaydrian who does some neat streams where he tries to teach/learn stuff via video games (eg. playing Deus Ex: HR in French to build his proficiency in it, or learning about dinosaurs via ARK).

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 26, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Unfunny Poster posted:

YouTube's video game livestream thing launched today.

https://gaming.youtube.com

And it's already useless.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

Pyroi posted:

And it's already useless.

So a streaming service is useless if you can't play music you don't have rights to over your videogame footage?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sillyman posted:

So a streaming service is useless if you can't play music you don't have performing rights to over your videogame footage?

Content ID also hit in-game audio too. So you can never play something like GTAV or Saint's Row because whoops! The radio flagged the Content ID system. And pretty much anything Nintendo has made in the past ~7-8 years is out, just as a couple examples.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Artix posted:

Content ID also hit in-game audio too. So you can never play something like GTAV or Saint's Row because whoops! The radio flagged the Content ID system. And pretty much anything Nintendo has made in the past ~7-8 years is out, just as a couple examples.

Or most things for that matter which are protected under copyright. So if a video game soundtrack just so happens to be protected, then you might be in trouble. It makes streaming on Youtube a high risk for your account no matter what you do.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008

Artix posted:

And pretty much anything Nintendo has made in the past ~7-8 years is out, just as a couple examples.

I'm confused by this statement, since I see a huge pile of Youtube videos and streams featuring Wii U games which aren't blocked and don't even have the audio blanked and I remember Nintendo doing some controversial move where they take half your youtube money instead of blocking your videos.

I totally get the GTAV point, though. Can you turn the radio off or change what songs it plays?

Edit: Also, the text there doesn't imply "a high risk for your account" to me, it seems like getting Content-ID flagged only interrupts your stream.

Edit the second: Did research, content ID flags on streams don't affect the videos on your channel but do block you from streaming for six months if you ignore the warning and let it end your stream three times

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 26, 2015

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I am just going to keep going with Twitch.tv/hitbox.tv, youtube's streaming service hasn't really enticed me ever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I am just going to keep going with Twitch.tv/hitbox.tv, youtube's streaming service hasn't really enticed me ever.

I've noticed a lot of YouTubers shifting to to either half Twitch and half YouTube for their content, or wholly just doing Twitch "full time" and only using YouTube as their VOD library.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've noticed a lot of YouTubers shifting to to either half Twitch and half YouTube for their content, or wholly just doing Twitch "full time" and only using YouTube as their VOD library.

Yeah I noticed that too, but I continue to use Youtube for my LPs themselves, where as Twitch I just play games because I can.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Also, the stream delay is more than a minute. Not entirely appetizing, youtube.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Sillyman posted:

Edit the second: Did research, content ID flags on streams don't affect the videos on your channel but do block you from streaming for six months if you ignore the warning and let it end your stream three times

And this right here is the problem! When I was doing my Ocarina of Time LP, I would get third party content matched by Nintendo every time I played the Song of Storms, which is a thing you have to use in the game to progress, multiple times. This isn't a problem for videos since all it does it cause Nintendo to run their ads on your videos but if I had been streaming it on youtube under this system, I would be banned from streaming by now and I could do absolutely nothing about it because there's no way to remove a song that is required to play as part of the gameplay!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Faerie Fortune posted:

And this right here is the problem! When I was doing my Ocarina of Time LP, I would get third party content matched by Nintendo every time I played the Song of Storms, which is a thing you have to use in the game to progress, multiple times. This isn't a problem for videos since all it does it cause Nintendo to run their ads on your videos but if I had been streaming it on youtube under this system, I would be banned from streaming by now and I could do absolutely nothing about it because there's no way to remove a song that is required to play as part of the gameplay!

Downshifting the game's audio by a semitone might actually get it past their systems. I'm not sure how credible that system really is.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Slur posted:

Downshifting the game's audio by a semitone might actually get it past their systems. I'm not sure how credible that system really is.

They've probably accounted for that, that makes it sound like poo poo, and we shouldn't have to do that in the first place.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
I'm not sure revenue sharing content ID matches even do anything to a stream, or if something as short as the song of storms would be playing long enough to stop the stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Sillyman posted:

I'm not sure revenue sharing content ID matches even do anything to a stream, or if something as short as the song of storms would be playing long enough to stop the stream.

It's matched Fae's content every time it's happened, so of course it's long enough.