Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah this is basically it. The problem was that every family treated it as a little getaway for a couple of weeks and therefore literally burned through the resources around them at an extravagant pace, but didn't take into account that they were one of hundreds of people in the area. There was no community built either, so resources were wasted just because they weren't shared. A tree might be able to warm a cabin fine, but an open fire out in the air for every individual family in the area burning hot 24/7 isn't going to be very sustainable. Combined with everyone being very ill prepared for the realities of living outside in winter and a ton of people die.

They also depopulated the lake they were fishing from by dynamiting it repeatedly.

World War Z was a fun book.

ravenkult posted:

To be fair it's a pretty dumb book that also claimed everyone in china burrowed underground.

I thought that was North Korea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Tin Can is really fun but I have to say, the replay value is limited. It ends up being more of a Diner Dash style plate spinner rather than a fun problem-solving game. Once you've experienced an event and learned how it works, you just use the fastest and most reductive strategies to survive it, because it's all about time saving.

I think the game would benefit from a slower-paced, less frenetic mode. Maybe trying to keep a trading ship running on a long journey where the risk is more about optimizing your time rather than avoiding instant death.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Truga posted:

yeah always has been

also i've been peeking at previews and apparently they're making the rockets just be shells that you then have to equip with your own guts and it's gonna own lmao

This looks extremely cool, it kinda reminds me of Space Engineers with Stormworks level of detail.

Is it fun to build poo poo? Are you reliant on a handful of prewritten LUA segments or something people wrote to do cool poo poo? I have zero experience with Stationeers.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Really digging Ostranauts. The game needs more time to bake for sure but what is there is cool as heck. I love games that give me a customizable moving base And it's been awesome to see my ship grow from a little tug up to full scale salvage vessel.