Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

stoutfish posted:

you pay a lady for her to go on an internet date with you, yes

lollllllll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol what the gently caress

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

stoutfish posted:

you pay a lady for her to go on an internet date with you, yes

haha, is this what passes as a strip club for milenials?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

haha, is this what passes as a strip club for milenials?

tbf its easier to masturbate and not get literally thrown out

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
a new lost generation filled with neets can only make it easier for me to succeed in life so i'm all for it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

whats neets precious?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

same as DINKs from before or more special snowflakey

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Ruby got Railed posted:

whats neets precious?

"Not in Education, Employment, or Training"

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

stoutfish posted:

"Not in Education, Employment, or Training"

not employed or even trying

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

nature's evidence of evolutionary terminus

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

big fan of wife beating comment

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
One of the major reasons to acquire a competitor is to close them down. Youtube is already a site where you can stream and store videoes, why would Google buy twitch and keep it around?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Salt Fish posted:

One of the major reasons to acquire a competitor is to close them down. Youtube is already a site where you can stream and store videoes, why would Google buy twitch and keep it around?

afaik you can't directly stream to youtube in real time, which means that you can't have IMMEDIATE VIEWER FEEDBACK which is important because

i dunno i don't get livestreaming in general and i used to loving make lps so time is clearly passing me by

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Proteus4994 posted:

afaik you can't directly stream to youtube in real time, which means that you can't have IMMEDIATE VIEWER FEEDBACK which is important because

i dunno i don't get livestreaming in general and i used to loving make lps so time is clearly passing me by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMGNp5735_Y

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
livestreaming is better than LPs because last time i checked all the LP sub-forum guides were written for xp and vista and there were weird rules like "dont encode audio in mp3!" yes because i need to use a better audio format for my loving master system games lol

w/ livestreaming u just open up obs and hit go

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

id think if google bought them out they'd keep the status quo for a while or at least try to get them to migrate before deleting everything

pram
Jun 10, 2001

computer parts posted:

id think if google bought them out they'd keep the status quo for a while or at least try to get them to migrate before deleting everything

migrate to google+ accounts lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

computer parts posted:

Their advice about VODs was explicitly to migrate them to youtube and that twitch staff could help bulk export them.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Proteus4994 posted:

i always found livestream stuff cool for artists because you can essentially put on a show and do live requests and poo poo but bideo game streaming is terrible

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
it's because just sitting around and playing games all day makes you an uninteresting piece of poo poo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

stoutfish posted:

they also ruled that corporations are people so the law doesn't represent reality

look at this nerd who doesn't understand what legal personhood is

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
oh god, you loving triggered him

Apr 7, 2003

I don't understand any of this stuff.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Nintendo Kid posted:

look at this nerd who doesn't understand what legal personhood is

the funny thing is you're the person who doesn't. every time this comes up anywhere on the forums you have a red siren that goes off and quote the wikipedia article you read and incessantly chant "THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS CONTRACTS CONTRACTS CONTRACTS" because you're an autistic moron that can't looking past definition a part iii and completely miss the debate grown ups are having about the actual social context, the actual outcomes of equivocation of personhood, and why that operant definition may or may not be socially desirable in general. we know what it loving is, we're arguing about whether it should be that because of things that are actually happening in the world, because we as a society have agency to reformulate our understanding of legal personhood. because we loving made it that.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Breakfast All Day posted:

the funny thing is you're the person who doesn't. every time this comes up anywhere on the forums you have a red siren that goes off and quote the wikipedia article you read and incessantly chant "THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS CONTRACTS CONTRACTS CONTRACTS" because you're an autistic moron that can't looking past definition a part iii and completely miss the debate grown ups are having about the actual social context, the actual outcomes of equivocation of personhood, and why that operant definition may or may not be socially desirable in general. we know what it loving is, we're arguing about whether it should be that because of things that are actually happening in the world, because we as a society have agency to reformulate our understanding of legal personhood. because we loving made it that.

congrats on not understanding legal personhood, moron.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
have you considered: reading a book ever

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

motherfucker i write books :smug:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

shut up you fuckin loser

Apr 7, 2003

haha, you are literally a moron and your posts are all bad and embarassing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

motherfucker i write books :smug:

ah yes the guide to being incorrect on the law, a popular book

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the only thing better than fishmeching is watching someone get fishmeched, hard

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
believing that corporate personhood is new or unique to the us is generally a sign that the person posting has a legal understanding on par with sovereign citizens

Apr 7, 2003

Thank you for the insightful essay on the legal system, fat computer man who posts about Star Wars and video games.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
in all seriousness the personhood status of corporations hasn't changed in over 100 years and isn''t meningfully different from most world jurisdictions.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
o the thread got good

brb getting some popcorn

pram
Jun 10, 2001
an interesting definition of good

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

its cool how equal protection for corporations because enshrined in american caselaw

when a case about it came before SCOTUS, the chief justice apparently opened oral argument by saying "look don't even bother arguing about whether or not corporations are people"

the opinion itself doesn't even mention anything about equal protection of corporations. instead the headnote written by the court reporter claims that the justices unanimously agreed on it, but the actual opinion (which is the only real legally binding language) says nothing about it

the court reporter asked the chief justice about his headnote before it was published and the chief justice replied "looks fine, but you might want to add something pointing out that we avoided addressing the equal protection question"

the court reporter decided not to add that in.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

PuTTY riot posted:

whats raidcall?

basically just teamspeak/ventrilo/mumble but p2p so you don't need servers and poo poo?

i'm not too sure tbh

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

everybody gets one free fishmeching, after that it should be an autoban

• Locked thread