Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:downs: I didn't see that because it didn't have item icons next to it, I thought only zeal cost was getting hit.

That's loving garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You still get the boosted range + the lightning, but the damage doesn't stack.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Mottie posted:

:getin: .

Also Riot, Bard already does like half of the ADC's health with AA-Q-AA at level 1, that's not early game struggles.

I mean, his level 1 is strong but his level 2 spike is practically nonexistent. If you play well with q's early you can have presence, and he can bully early, but he's definitely weaker for a good number of early levels post 6.

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

foutre posted:

I mean, his level 1 is strong but his level 2 spike is practically nonexistent. If you play well with q's early you can have presence, and he can bully early, but he's definitely weaker for a good number of early levels post 6.

I agree with this but it has to be that way because bard hits level 2 a minion earlier than anyone else in the lane, he's strong at levels 1, 3 and 5 though and his ganking is quite good as long as you don't throw your adc to the dogs.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

:downs: I didn't see that because it didn't have item icons next to it, I thought only zeal cost was getting hit.

That's loving garbage.

Don't post angry posts about poo poo that you didn't read.

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

does anyone want to group up with the D&D party skins and act like an rear end in a top hat adventuring group in normals

I will be Varus

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

henkman posted:

Trundle is a piece of poo poo so that's cool

That's a weird way to spell Lee Sin

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Don't post angry posts about poo poo that you didn't read.

I've seen people in this thread flip out over a lot less than 200g nerfs, sorry tho.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Because it's being nerfed in the next patch...?

My bad, I missed that in the patch notes. Oh well, not like I can't just build something else. I will find a fun replacement.

e: i will bring back classic triforce vayne.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 9, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

just go RFC IE PD or RFC PD IE.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

shiv/rfc-trinity-IE-bork in some order is probably fine for vayne now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

dont get trinity force on vayne

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

or bork

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't play vayne but I see a lot of vaynes buy bork so I assume that's a thing you buy on vayne. There's a lot of bad vaynes tho.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

it got nerfed this season, it used to be a think you bought on vayne, but the stronger zeal items and nerfed bork = dont buy bork

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't play vayne but I see a lot of vaynes buy bork so I assume that's a thing you buy on vayne. There's a lot of bad vaynes tho.

She bought it always in previous seasons but I think it is bad now.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I wonder if movespeed Darius still works

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Darth Windu posted:

I wonder if movespeed Darius still works

MS quint Darius? Yeah, definitely. I'd take that for ranged matchups. You can just stack more AD/Apen versus another bruiser, though.

I want to try Stormraider Darius next time I see a Teemo. Next patch, anyway, when we see that needed buff to Precision for AD champs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rest in Peace, beautiful yordle.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

How Rude posted:

How loving dumb is Riot like what the hell. I'm never putting any points in ferocity now that they nerfed it into complete hot loving garbage.

The only keystone I would ever take was Fervor for ADCs because it made your trading and all in really good while CSing in lane but now you can't build it on creep waves so it is now complete trash.

At least all the scaling tank poo poo got nerfed along with significant mundo nerfs so maybe we won't have to 100% ban him any more.

Now it's a choice between Thunderlord for carries, Windspeaker for healing/shielding caster supports, or a tank keystone if you are a tank.

Fervor is now amazing on Nocturne though

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I thought the entire point of the Fervor change is that they can ramp up the numbers because they've hammered it down to a skirmish-teamfight centric mastery, rather than it being the "yeah I'm playing an AD caster but I'm gonna go for 20 more damage on my autos, cheese my opponent level 2, and then never use this again" keystone. Am I giving Riot too much credit? We'll see.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Little sad they're nerfing trundle but he should still be good.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

colbamf posted:

I will be Varus

okay i'm braum

add me in game, SperglordFirecoq

and anyone else if they wanna do the D&D party group

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Tiny Varus nerf on PBE

What the hell why

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

Little sad they're nerfing trundle but he should still be good.

Maybe they should nerf the itemisation that made him good rather than nerfing him??? I say this because in 4 weeks they'll go "oh, well the masteries are too strong when used with deadmans plate and triforce so we're gutting both items along with the masteries!!" and trundle will get like a 35% winrate.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gibberish posted:

Tiny Varus nerf on PBE

What the hell why

Hey, why are you such a grumpy douche, Varus? Go to the garage, transfer your mind into a younger clone of yourself, and get embroiled in some youthful hijinks. What's the BFD? So here I am, I'm Tiny Varus!

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Mash posted:

Service announcement: AP Malphite mid is even more ridiculous with FQC rush now being viable.

Dorans + 2 pots -> Fiendish Codex + maybe another Dorans -> FCQ and Sorc shoes -> Ludens -> Deathcap -> whatever

Flash/Ignite

You can take anyone not building full tank from 80% to dead at any point from when you hit 6. Generally I land 1 Q in lane and if they don't immediately pot it, I all-in 5 seconds later as it's coming off cooldown. Once you have FQC, Sorcs and Ludens you can 100-0 anyone who doesn't have a completed giant's belt item or a spectre's cowl item.

Confirming this is Fun and Good and more people should do it. Especially while current FQC lasts, though I doubt it will get hit too too bad.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

DolphinCop posted:

siri record shitpost

is it legal for a man to marry a post in tyool 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

support brand rushes mejai's, refuses to buy sightstone, gets owned by hecarim coming at him out of our jungle 15 times

'this wouldn't happen if you had wards'
'wards don't prevent anything'

bronze

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Got promoted back into d2 right as the patch dropped. Feels good

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

How, exactly, does Grasp of the Undying work? Do you need to be "in combat" prior to landing the hit that steals life and if so, does that combat have to be vs champions? I'm considering trying to run it on Fiora as it seems to fit her poke/sustain play pattern of popping vitals with Q without committing to an all-in, but if you can't proc Grasp instantly on the Q hit there's no point.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In combat means in combat. Hitting minions counts as in combat, the same way it counts as in combat for every other ability like that.

That said, thunderlord's decree.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

How do I take new poppy into the Jungle? I end up getting very low in every instance. I'm going Thunderlord as my keystone for obvious reasons. No mater what my secondary mastery tree is I am cutting it very close when backing with 700 gold for my Warrior's. My route is Gromp > Blue > Wolves > Red > Krugs and then back because she is mana hungry at first. Then Raptors and a gank. Any thoughts? I am bad at jungle.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Mash posted:

How, exactly, does Grasp of the Undying work? Do you need to be "in combat" prior to landing the hit that steals life and if so, does that combat have to be vs champions? I'm considering trying to run it on Fiora as it seems to fit her poke/sustain play pattern of popping vitals with Q without committing to an all-in, but if you can't proc Grasp instantly on the Q hit there's no point.

Can Swiftness or Legendary Guardian come anywhere close to 7% armpen for Fiora? Plus, Fervor is physical damage where Grasp is magic. (Thunderlord's is magic too but AD champs can get the hybrid pen from Precision anyway)

Fervor is very good on Fiora because of how quickly you rack up the stacks with your spell rotations and auto-canceling, and how quickly the latter procs Fervor. If anything Fervor is much more reliable on Fiora now because you'll stack it in skirmishes and fights much quicker.

Also, Fervor's description is misleading—it is in all respects an on-hit effect, and is applied by Lunge. Just think about how much damage you're racking up in a duel, let alone a teamfight, by using Fervor over another keystone.

(But I mean if you don't care and just want to have fun with Grasp, go for it. It means what it says so you can literally proc it every 4 seconds of a lane if your opponent lets you.)

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Dec 9, 2015

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
I received a package from Riot this morning even though I haven't ordered anything and figured I was finally being rewarded for putting up with this game for so long but apparently it's just a christmas present of a couple of those figurines they sell that my friend got me

still waiting on those rewards for lifetime RP purchases, Riot

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Rengar could definitely make use of it and doesn't usually need the extra burst but Thunderlord's is still probably better to snowball with.

Thunderlord's is way too OP on Rengar and you shouldn't take anything else, especially with them buffing it.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Speaking of Rengar being Riot's way of smacking AD carries back down
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2421895257/40898001?tab=overview
It didn't work :getin:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Speaking of Rengar being Riot's way of smacking AD carries back down
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2421895257/40898001?tab=overview
It didn't work :getin:

Man I really don't like that Rengar build but I haven't been playing him that much lately so maybe I am wrong. Rapid fire cannon and statik shiv both seem pretty sub-optimal.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Man I really don't like that Rengar build but I haven't been playing him that much lately so maybe I am wrong. Rapid fire cannon and statik shiv both seem pretty sub-optimal.

Yeah, if you're going to go double zeal on a melee dude, take phantom dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Any build with less than 2 Infinity Edges is suboptimal IMO

• Locked thread