Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he said to the mob, as they looped the rope around his neck and over the streetlight
"bill gates is a monopolistic fuckface and his charity is a self-serving publicity grab" is an actual conceivable case against the guy. "baaaawwwwwwwwww he's financially and materially successful" is just fukken infantile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

"bill gates is a monopolistic fuckface and his charity is a self-serving publicity grab" is an actual conceivable case against the guy. "baaaawwwwwwwwww he's financially and materially successful" is just fukken infantile.

no sry its yospos politics

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my uncle lives in a yacht, moored at great expense. He is a loving idiot moron thus i associate all yachtsmen as idiot morons. oracleguysmashingrichAucklanders.gif

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

did u know computars are communistic

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

meh

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sham bam bamina! posted:

ah bloo bloo bloo why can't people just like me because i have a lot of money

y'all are just jealous and in no way spiteful of massive inequalities that rival subsaharan 3rd world dictatorships

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ah bloo bloo bloo why can't people just like me because i have a lot of money

y'all are just jealous and in no way spiteful of massive inequalities that rival subsaharan 3rd world dictatorships
ok so the problem literally is just that he has more money, good to know.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sham bam bamina! posted:

ok so the problem literally is just that he has more money, good to know.

yes and it will cost he and his family their lives during the Uprising no matter how many polios he cures

just as it has done many times in our recent history

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
poverty is fukken horrible but if you get 90% of the computer market to give you money i don't think that you are responsible for it in the way that a third-world dictator or exploitative industrialist would be.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sham bam bamina! posted:

poverty is fukken horrible but if you get 90% of the computer market to give you money i don't think that you are responsible for it in the way that a third-world dictator or exploitative industrialist would be.

In her book A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous Fourteenth Century, Barbara Tuchman writes about a peasant revolt in 1358 that began in the village of St. Leu and spread throughout the Oise Valley. At one estate, the serfs sacked the manor house, killed the knight, and roasted him on a spit in front of his wife and kids. Then, after ten or twelve peasants violated the lady, with the children still watching, they forced her to eat the roasted flesh of her dead husband and then killed her.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

In her book A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous Fourteenth Century, Barbara Tuchman writes about a peasant revolt in 1358 that began in the village of St. Leu and spread throughout the Oise Valley. At one estate, the serfs sacked the manor house, killed the knight, and roasted him on a spit in front of his wife and kids. Then, after ten or twelve peasants violated the lady, with the children still watching, they forced her to eat the roasted flesh of her dead husband and then killed her.
am i supposed to side with the serfs here because everyone involved is abjectly inhuman

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

no this is the getting excited and posting a thing they hope is inflammatory bit

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theadder posted:

no this is the getting excited and posting a thing they hope is inflammatory bit
the hyperbole is obvious but he still actually believes that bill gates is evil because millions of people who could afford to spend hundreds of dollars on plastic boxes voluntarily gave him money.

i just don't get that. :sigh:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bill gates owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
willy G ftw

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the hyperbole is obvious but he still actually believes that bill gates is evil because millions of people who could afford to spend hundreds of dollars on plastic boxes voluntarily gave him money.

i just don't get that. :sigh:

we can rest assured that he lives like the utterly destitute in india and all his money goes to the indigent and not at all on goods like computars to make his posts

Otaku Alpha Male
Nov 11, 2012

bitches get ~tsundere~ when I pull out my katana
what have u ppl done for the world

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i treat other human beings with respect and on a daily basis i try to help people with their problems and sometimes i even do

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
i love yachts

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like yahtzee

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

this thread rolled all ones

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

also i didn't get the chance to say this in the vlc thread but sorry to hear about your basement lp0 flooding is horrible

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i thought paul allen was the microsoftie who was big on the dick-waving megayacht contest with russians and sauds

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

flakeloaf posted:

also i didn't get the chance to say this in the vlc thread but sorry to hear about your basement lp0 flooding is horrible

yeah it's crazy :( trying not to think about it but i need to keep chipping away at adding up all the costs and taking pics of damaged items. luckily a lot of stuff was in or on top of plastic bins

also thanks & pram for your goondolances

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bill gates is cool

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

read as 'pleasant revolt' and it made for a much better read

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
eat the rich

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i hope larry ellison's big dumb yacht sinks in the middle of the pacific with him on board.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i hope amateur pilotry takes off now that we're back to robber baron inequality and the bougie scum start smashing into mountains crashing into the wilderness because amateur pilotry is dangerous as gently caress

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
so what's new on the steve jobs yacht situation? did they hand it over to the family yet? how out of date are the iMacs on board now?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
that jobs yacht was garish as hell imo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
yeah it looks like a piece of an office building floating

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

steve lives in death

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rotor posted:

that jobs yacht was garish as hell imo

a steve jobs yacht? i bet it has flat white surfaces
*clicks link*
yup

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

i'd spend 20 million to buy this forum and shut it down lmao

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lowtax would sell this forum for :10bux:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

hobbesmaster posted:

a steve jobs yacht? i bet it has flat white surfaces
*clicks link*
yup

it's made of pure al-oh-min-ee-um

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Wilson was right.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

why do they know? because im popular, unlike you. you're trash. get out

I like Smythe. He's popular with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yes and it will cost he and his family their lives during the Uprising no matter how many polios he cures

just as it has done many times in our recent history

idk he can probably ride his yacht into the middle of some big lake and be relatively safe there

• Locked thread