Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Shaggar posted:

jetskis own and are more like the motorcycle of boating.

Symbolic Butt posted:

every year I hear about some terrible jetski accident

sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

and you live in maine? i'm pretty sure all your "game wardens" or whatever actually do is zoom up to every one on a lake at full speed and ask if you have life vests for everyone onboard and make sure nobody close to the wheel is drinking

I only think they do this on peak days on the popular lakes. even then it's really for show cause that poo poo is completely unenforceable.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the america's cup was an insane waste of money and sf is still in the hole for like 6 mil from it

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

IPvSH6T posted:

what is it with tech people buying boats. what is the point of this thing:

it's a pain in the rear end, but the trade off is you get to show off how big your money boner is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

the america's cup was an insane waste of money and sf is still in the hole for like 6 mil from it

owned.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the original plan would have just given about $50 mil in city waterfront property to the organizers until some people who aren't as corrupt as the mayor started paying attention

it also said it would bring literal billions in revenue to the city because nobody was supposed to actually read the proposal and do the math [it said the average attendee would spend like $300k while in SF or something dumb like that]

my favorite bit is the mayor let them re-bid for next time even after all that

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Smythe posted:

my homeboy whos parents own over 9000 parking lots in the valley

Pretty sure the los Angeles Highway system belongs to the government??

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

they don't test for sobriety on the water

actually they very much do

loving cops love to take out cop boat and pull you over for an inspection

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i mean, if you were a cop and had the option to a) do some stupid cop poo poo or b) pull over people in your sweet cop boat or c) profit?

this is a no brainer, they probably fight each other about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

christ Bill, couldnt you just learn to swim like a normal kid

• Locked thread