Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Has Darren Rovell come out with the monetary figures that Stewart might lose if sponsors pull out? It's important I know as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

Do we really need two threads? The NASCAR thread is on top of this and most discussion that I would trust is in there.

Considering this wasn't a NASCAR event, I'd say it deserves this.

Just for help, this is a picture of the car used in the incident.
https://twitter.com/ESSprints/status/498195707422322688

e: for clarity, that is not Kevin Ward Jr. near the rear right tire.

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 10, 2014

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Tony Stewart completely killed another driver with his car.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

mods please update thread title by removing 'may have'

It's good to know that in this day and age, Tony Stewart confirmed the scientific hypothesis that if you do not move away from the path of a human being that your racing vehicle will kill them.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

Has Darren Rovell come out with the monetary figures that Stewart might lose if sponsors pull out? It's important I know as soon as possible.

Darren My Main Capitalist Man Rovell posted:

Statement from Tony Stewart's sponsor Bass Pro Shops: "All of us at Bass Pro Shops are all deeply saddened about last night's tragic accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park. We send our thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of sprint car competitor Kevin Ward Jr and also to Tony Stewart and everyone at Stewart-Haas Racing."

It's not a full answer I wanted, but I'm sure he's crunching those numbers. About the murderer. Named Tony Stewart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Mahoning posted:

So despite many peoples claims that the race was under caution and therefore Stewart should have been under complete control of the car, it's just not supported by facts.

Obviously you have not read this thread.

Magugu posted:

Ive drove 360 sprints with ASCS. I think I know a thing or two about racing cars. At medium to high speeds, yes, you have to use the throttle to get through a turn. At low speeds they turn very easily, its just wobbly as hell.

• Locked thread