Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
behold, a small glimpse at the symbol of my derangement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

IGgy IGsen posted:

you can't teach that

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

IGgy IGsen posted:

How much of that is automated versus entering stuff in manually?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Drakkel posted:

How much of that is automated versus entering stuff in manually?

On the tab shown most stuff is calculated or automated in some manner, mostly based on data entered in the All Matches tab, which contains results for well over 1,000 matches.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

My god

It’s beautiful

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Arcade Legend rear end only a fraction of his former self with a 25% win-loss record.

Gonna need more information on Fruitsniffer's staffing role given the current pro wrestling climate.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 12, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

this is like when a bunch of dudes are at the bar talking about their train collections "yeah i have two steam engines" "i just installed a little bridge" "picked up a new conductors hat" while this freak brings up he has a 100:1 to scale replica of the entire railroad layout for the state of wyoming in his backyard, waterfalls and all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zetamind2000 posted:

you can't teach that

The Big Bill of spreadsheets

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IGgy rulz

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Astro7x posted:

Yeah... while I don't put hundreds of hours into these games, I feel like I never see any of the glitches they post videos of in my own experience.

I've been using the WWE games to simulate fights between my friends and I and whoever wins decides what we eat. Last week the game glitched out in a way that made my friend's hand looks like it was stuck in jacking off mode no matter what the rest of his body was doing. Anyway that's his reputation now. The guy who jacks off while in a dragon sleeper

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I've been using the WWE games to simulate fights between my friends and I and whoever wins decides what we eat. Last week the game glitched out in a way that made my friend's hand looks like it was stuck in jacking off mode no matter what the rest of his body was doing. Anyway that's his reputation now. The guy who jacks off while in a dragon sleeper

Ruining a friends life forever because the crude approximation of his avatar couldn't stop jerking while being choked is the perfect use of a wwe game

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

Ruining a friends life forever because the crude approximation of his avatar couldn't stop jerking while being choked is the perfect use of a wwe game

A shame we didn't get him into season 2 in time

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat siming a 25 minute match to decide dinnner thats ballsy

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

IGgy IGsen posted:

I thought Fire Pro was just a lil game where you make 2d wrestlemans fight each other real good, I'm beginning to suspect I don't actually know what Fire Pro is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

I build enough of this awful poo poo at work I can’t imagine ever wanting to do it for fun

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Suplex Liberace posted:

drat siming a 25 minute match to decide dinnner thats ballsy

There's a good variety of match settings to make things go quicker. If you give everyone low health and 3 finishers to start the match is over within a minute. We usually just play with normal rules and it lasts 10-15 minutes though, but since we're not actually playing it's pretty fun.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Wrestling Video Games: since we're not actually playing it's pretty fun

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Speaking of spreadsheet games, I'm playing TEW2020 using the 1997 Cornellverse mod and that world is just not kind to Australians. A worker with a 45 in an in-ring stat is worth getting behind if you're playing an Australian promotion, meanwhile I'm playing CZCW and a 45 is what a developing lower midcarder would only be an okay stat if it were one of their lower in ring ones.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

TEW also hates couples because I swear ever save I've ever played, every single couple breaks up within the first year or so

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Lethrom posted:

I thought Fire Pro was just a lil game where you make 2d wrestlemans fight each other real good, I'm beginning to suspect I don't actually know what Fire Pro is.

It's EVE Online for a different kind of nerd.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The thing with Fire Pro is it's whatever the gently caress you want it to be. There are people who just play it as it is without downloading anyone, there are people who love it for smashing their action figures together, and there are people who go ridiculously deep and turn it into a sprawling systemic project. Its ability to support that and be enjoyable at those multiple levels is why it's still cool as poo poo.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

IGgy IGsen posted:

As a guy who has a Franken-spreadsheet for a Wrestling Spirit 3 game going (with some 15 tabs I use at various times), I am in awe at what I see here.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Drakkel posted:

TEW also hates couples because I swear ever save I've ever played, every single couple breaks up within the first year or so

The C-Verse equivalent of the Hardy Boys in this save broke up because Jeff Hardy went to jail for 15 years.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lethrom posted:

No no, you got it right the first time.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Can a kind, knowledgeable soul please dumb down the Fire Pro DLC again? Got the base game and made a ton of CAWs a long time ago, before there was any DLC (the game might've actually been in Early Access at that point?). Should I get all the "Craft" DLC packs if I want universal compatibility with downloaded Steam Workshop stuff? The description for Move Craft made it sound like it's more of a developer tool for creating stuff, so not sure if I actually need that one.

Do the "collaboration" packs have worthwhile content aside from wrestlers? Seems silly to pay for wrestler packs considering all the crazy stuff people have made already, but if it's another case where the DLC guarantees more compatibility with the workshop stuff I might go for it.

The 2 Fighting Roads are like little campaigns right? Sounds awesome and the price right now sure is right.

Not sure if I'd be into Fire Promoter, but if I end up getting other stuff I might just buy that bundle that includes it anyway.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Minidust posted:

Can a kind, knowledgeable soul please dumb down the Fire Pro DLC again? Got the base game and made a ton of CAWs a long time ago, before there was any DLC (the game might've actually been in Early Access at that point?). Should I get all the "Craft" DLC packs if I want universal compatibility with downloaded Steam Workshop stuff? The description for Move Craft made it sound like it's more of a developer tool for creating stuff, so not sure if I actually need that one.

Do the "collaboration" packs have worthwhile content aside from wrestlers? Seems silly to pay for wrestler packs considering all the crazy stuff people have made already, but if it's another case where the DLC guarantees more compatibility with the workshop stuff I might go for it.

The 2 Fighting Roads are like little campaigns right? Sounds awesome and the price right now sure is right.

Not sure if I'd be into Fire Promoter, but if I end up getting other stuff I might just buy that bundle that includes it anyway.

You need Move Craft and Parts Craft to use user-created moves and parts, and the Collaboration DLCs have both custom parts for the wrestlers and add new moves to the game and are pretty widely used in custom wrestlers on the workshop.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Alaois posted:

You need Move Craft and Parts Craft to use user-created moves and parts, and the Collaboration DLCs have both custom parts for the wrestlers and add new moves to the game and are pretty widely used in custom wrestlers on the workshop.

Okay that’s the exact info I needed - thanks!!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Minidust posted:

Okay that’s the exact info I needed - thanks!!

'Fighting Road: Champion Road Beyond' is quite fascinating, both the mode itself and the behind the scenes making of.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

The Takayama DLCs are mandatory. Sure the game will work without them but not only is it for charity, the first one also had one of the coolest moves of all time as a part of it: The Frye vs. Takayama spot.

Oh also entrance craft has the collar and belt parts. Other than that, that one is a joke.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I bought ‘em all!! :getin:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
sorry to double-post, but wanted to check before diving into Steam Workshop Collections for Fire Pro. Will Teams/Stables be managed entirely by me (i.e. I manually move all downloaded wrestlers out of the "Retired" section) or would some Workshop content have that pre-configured?

And I see the Carlzilla Modpack mentioned in a lot of places, should I get that set up before downloading stuff? From looking around it sounds like that is needed to get the right parts downloaded for some workshop content, even for people who already have all the DLC.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the bad part of the game is the Paradox situation where so much of it is DLC, but the good news is it all goes on sale fairly often so you can sometimes get the whole kit and kaboodle for what the base game would cost normally.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Minidust posted:

sorry to double-post, but wanted to check before diving into Steam Workshop Collections for Fire Pro. Will Teams/Stables be managed entirely by me (i.e. I manually move all downloaded wrestlers out of the "Retired" section) or would some Workshop content have that pre-configured?

And I see the Carlzilla Modpack mentioned in a lot of places, should I get that set up before downloading stuff? From looking around it sounds like that is needed to get the right parts downloaded for some workshop content, even for people who already have all the DLC.

-Yup, you have to set up promotions and stables yourself, technically the modpack supports what's called an organization script that does it for you, but no one really does it. Except Avenger3 did it for a while.

-The Modpack is great, I use it extensively for all kinds of features it offers. But you don't really NEED it to get the right parts necessarily. It's just the modpack has a rather useful feature where it automatically grabs the parts for you from the workshop, it just requires you to restart your game before you can use them. Which is better than downloading something and getting the error message with the workshop ID of the missing part(s) and having to find and subscribe to them.

It doesn't protect you, however, from people deleting parts from the workshop. Which unfortunately happens sometimes. Because the thing is if they delete it from there, even if you already have it on your computer, it will be deleted from your game. (Generally, everything that downloads as a png suffers from the same problem, like ring mats, but it's only really problematic when it happens to parts.) Wrestlers, refs and stuff will remain in your game even if deleted from the workshop. It doesn't become a problem often but it's good to know.

If you're just getting into it I recommend playing around without mods a bit to get a feel for what it's like. I recommend hopping into modding the game sooner or later, though.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Also, never apologize for double posting. Own it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Posting is cool

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Double posting is cooler

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

But triple posting?! only assholes would do that

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Modpack is worth it for Management of the Ring mode, with the ability to book pacing and specific finishes. Like, bruh. ( :aaa: )

Also the only way to have functional wearable title belts, in a way that actually works and isn't tied to costume slots you have to make yourself for each champion like the stock game! Because what the gently caress was that? ( :aaaaa: )

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Avenger3 is really the goat of Fire Pro CAWs. If you just want the current roster of any given promotion their Steam workshop collections make it really easy to grab them all.

They also do versions of each CAW that don't require DLC if you don't have it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Avenger3 is really the goat of Fire Pro CAWs. If you just want the current roster of any given promotion their Steam workshop collections make it really easy to grab them all.

They also do versions of each CAW that don't require DLC if you don't have it all.

For the G21 I went with Avenger3's CAW's just for consistency across all tournaments; didn't need someone who was a huge Balls Mahoney fan giving them max stats and having them win every match in five minutes.