Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Playing supercard and I don't understand why some of my cards are marked "in use" when they're not in the 5 i use for matches? I can't use them for training because of this "in use" status.

card games confuse me i'm a moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

interpunct posted:

They're probably in your King of the Ring deck. Replace them so you can feed them for training purposes.

COol, yea i have yet to dive into the king of the ring mode i don't have enough divas.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Has anyone else played wrestling revolution 3D for the iphone? it's hilarious and kind of awesome.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Seriously if you're not playing Wrestling Revolution 3D you're missing out. I just won a hair vs. hair match because my bald opponent reversed my back body drop and someone drove himself through a ringside table.

This game is hilarious and amazing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Are you playing it on PC or a mobile device? It looks like it'll run on my tablet so maybe I can play it with a Dualshock 3.

Iphone, it's not a great game by any means but it is truly hilarious. the 8 man battle royal mode is a clusterfuck.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Does it at least control well? Last Dickie game I tried to play on my (Android) phone was pretty well unplayable.

It controls 10 times better than his other games. It's mostly just a fun and hilarious time waster and it's free. I just had an 8 man battle royal that took place in two rings like the fall brawl. I lost when a La Parka rip off threw a baseball bat at me and I fell through a table on the outside.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Been playing WWE 2K for iphone and it's somewhat fun though very limited. Nakamura is my curent US Champion squashing jobbers on Superstars. It's a good game for wasting 10 minutes here and there, but probably only worth $5

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why in 2019 can't there be a wrestling game with a ragdoll system for bumps. I've wanted it for literally decades and no one has made it and I am incredibly stupid so me making it isn't an option.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

In my opinion the 2K games have always sucked rear end, and i would pay $500 for No Mercy with an updated roster and Ragdoll bumps.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Anti Virus Carmella.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If I won the lottery i’d get someone to make a wrestling game that would basically be fire pro in 3D with Euphoria physics, I don’t care if it has a real world roster.

Why there will never be a wrestling game with bumps being decided by a physics engine is depressing and weird to me, replay value would be infinite if wrestlers bumped naturally for every move.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

coconono posted:

I never played the ARK game but I watched some gameplay vids and it seemed pretty cool. Dunno how that would translate to making a wrestling game however.

Their Army Men Sarge’s Heroes reimagining looks amazing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

2K21 getting cancelled is some of the best wrestling game news in decades. I can't think of a single 2K game that was as good as any Smackdown, AKI, or FIrepro game and that company has long been functioning because absolute morons buy those games every year. 2K destroyed an entire genre and relegated it to the niches of gaming because idiots couldn't stop buying the yearly version but they hosed it up so bad that even those people wouldn't buy it I love it.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Let Kojima Productions do the next WWE game.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

2K sucks mark my words there will never be another fun WWE game again. They won’t give people what they want they literally hate their customers

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So battlegrounds is definitely going to have 3 types of premium currency and 4.99 character packs of like 3 dudes right? God I wish literally any other company would make WWE games.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

So WWE Battlegrounds came out I guess? It's being streamed by some folks right now at least. I haven't enjoyed a WWE game in 20 years but has anyone here played it?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It looks terrible. It won't matter at all if it's fun to play. They basically have one shot at this though so I hope they give it their all.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MDickie’s wrestling game controls better than the 2k games and you have way more freedom in general. The framerate is horrible tho but I don’t care really, simulating matches in these games is a hilarious riot, and the Menu BGM is as memorably bad as No Mercy..

“I think I might like you!”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Didn't realize that MDickie released his wrestling game for the switch yesterday apparently? I love those dumb rear end games anyone try it out?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Big Bidness posted:

Does Wrestling Empire have a create mode? It would be a huge bummer if you couldn't create freak shows for this mess.

from the stream I watch it indeed had a create a wrestler

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Future world champion

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The story mode is still so drat funny. The Vince knock off asked me to change my gimmick and I was already fully in the new gear in his office as he was asking me. Immediately started doing roids too.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

Does Wrestling Empire actually 'work' as a game or is it just waiting to see which train wreck hits you? Because I remember the first being more of a barely-functional spectacle than a video game.

It plays better than the 2K games. It’s janky but always entertaining, and some of the bumps are frankly awesome like monkey flipping a dude out of the ring onto the steel steps or through an announce table.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I love how much of a clusterfuck battle royals are with a legit 30 people in the ring

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Weedle posted:

in my game two wrestlers committed suicide in the past two weeks

My character did this once to end my game out of the blue.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i am still amazed that a game in that series could run on the switch

Same especially with like 30 people in ring at once

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If you just rapidly kick the poo poo out of your opponent they cannot get up and you will be able to the. subdue them with a powerbomb or piledriver

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I was fired while I was Tag Team Champion with Vince McMahon

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I've found you can win any match by button mashing attack while your enemy is down, they will not recover until you stop mashing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It is a fact that there will never be a good WWE game again, it just can't possibly happen without a massive cultural shift in two different industries.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Charlotte's entrance was interrupted so she's doing the match in her robe

And then it cut away for a second and it was gone

hey stop posting direct quotes from my “things i beg god to happen” diary please

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

in WWE2k22 you can follow the entire career of a WWE Superstar, from making a name for yourself on the independent scene, to killing your own family then yourself in a CTE induced derangement.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

Fired up Wrestling Empire last night after not touching it since it launched on switch and spent an hour fixing all the names of the characters.

Start my career, first match in wrestling school is against Regal. Barely a minute into the match and he's launched me out of the ring over the post, and I land square on the steps.

Health bar instantly totally red and flashing.

Regal drags me into the ring, beats the poo poo out of me some more and then pins me.

My injuries were fatal and I died, having won 0% of my 1 matches in my illustrious 1 week career.

12/10 game owns

I’m a few months into the first career that is profitable i’ve had and my biggest feud has been with the games creator’s in game avatar, which I won by crippling him. Also at some point I was given Earthquakes gimmick.

I love this game I just still don’t understand the controls after months of playing.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Does anyone have a good rundown of the controls in wrestling revolution, the main thing I can’t figure out is how to reverse moves, get up after a move, and escaping a submission

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

All I want out of the AEW game is for it to not control like absolute poo poo which every WWE game has since like 2001

It would also be cool to have physics based bumping and tables that don’t break in a ridiculous fake looking way. but no one seems to want to ever do this so I will probably never be truly happy.

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 9, 2022

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

It's legit the most fun I've had playing a wrestling game in a decade.

It is loving good. I still do not understand the controls at all but it’s so drat funny you can die in the career mode.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

In the MDickie game I did the same thing the new legacy guys did and just ran everyone out of every promotion I was in

My last career I played as Danielson in a WWE like
promotion, I was given Earthquake’s gimmick proceeded to be booked as a guest referee for weeks, feuded with the promotion’s owner for 3 months until I injured him and I was later crippled in a battle royal, I don’t even know how took a normal
move my health went to zero and the news feed said I was crippled and must retire

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Drakkel posted:

So this game is 2 months away from release and they still haven't shown anything besides a few menus and character renders.

There's no way this game is actually good is there?

There hasn’t been a WWE game that’s been good since the gamecube/ps2 era. There will never be another WWE licensed wrestling game that is remotely close to good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I can’t believe kidd bandit mo capped the drunken kung fu guy combo from virtua fighter, semi owns