Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

simosimo posted:

FPR can't do rumbles, but it can do an 8 man elimation match, to deem to who is the best of the worst.

You can do a timed battleroyal in fpr. id like to see someone setup a split youtube video with different 8 player filled rings ala wcw's ww3 with all the survivors in one last ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

In VPW2 or No Mercy is there an option or hack to turn off the zooming camera when someone is entering a battle royal?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Spike Chunsoft posted a petition link for a new Fire Pro game.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/723047151933132800

guh apparently the fan who started the petition and got the company to re-tweet it has been signing it himself repeatedly. Not that I got my hopes up super high for this but why did he think that was a good idea..

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 21, 2016

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

GenericMartini posted:

so nintendo has a partnership with Spike Chunsoft, so that whole rumor of Fire Pro for the new nintendo console might be true?

i would get a new console for a good fire pro game but not going to hold my breath

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

hyped for the new fire pro game, hopefully they actually improve on some things like striking or picking up weapons and keep in the funny stuff like the random CRITICAL!

i wonder if they will add any more heads to the game or let users make their own

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Muddy Burphy posted:

So I'm thinking about joining the modern ages and getting a current gen console. I have two questions pertaining to the WWE games for PS4/XB1:

1) Does either console allow uploading of custom themes?

2) Which console has the better CAW community?

get a ps4 since the new fire pro game is ps4/pc only

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I hope they keep round robin leagues in so we can determine the ultimate goon created champion.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Video of full matches from that Fire Pro event held recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAOF2vLSN0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMdi-oe6dvo

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 2, 2017

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

is 7/11 july 11th or is it november 7th?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

edit- beaten

https://fireproworld.com/2017/07/04/dev-blog-3-online-settings/

This sounds pretty cool, putting on a match or shoot and putting a cap on edit points can use online.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAo-wzOky94

Blood on the looks a lot better (skip to 2nd to last match in the video).

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I noticed last night that sometimes when you do the strike exchange, one guy will pose and hit his big strike and knock the other guy down, BUT THEN the other guy will get up and hit his big strike and collapse

best wrestling game ever

yes and im glad they kept in how the ko'd wrestlers still lie motionless in the ring for the rest of the match. bonus if they are bleeding a pool of blood forms around their head while the show goes on

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

if you make a custom ring can you use it online?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Skinty McEdger posted:

"Fun" bug to keep an eye out for.

If you set up a league with a time limit on the matches, when it gets to the tourny stages the time limit for the matches will default to 3 minutes. It's more annoying than anything as you can just recreate the finals in tourny mode, but worth keeping an eye on.

In a timed battle royal if there are only two participants in the ring and one eliminates the other they win the entire match even though there were other wrestlers waiting to come out.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

If I add custom rings to my game do I have to do this for each machine I play on or constantly update the mod that you use to do so? I had to redo my save last night after botching the blood mod and losing all downloads.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so hyped for the irish whip fix

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

this video basically sums up my feelings about this patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=3AUJmVh-H84

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Jack Anderson posted:

Fixed bug where wrestler would slump against post in deathmatches with fluorescent tubes/barbed wire boards against post.

Man that was actually a cool bug.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

if a edit maker redoes their edits to take advantage of the new ten slots will my subscription just redownload the new version? i havent really noticed anyone making changes to their edits that I can see in the actual game so far.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

schweens posted:

I learned on Fire Pro Returns that no tag team can beat Honma and Mark Hunt

no that would be cro cop and sapp if you using the default edits

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

in the old GBA game were you just managing your own promotion or could you manage all of them?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

do we know when Management of the Ring is coming out at all?

i have some errands to run but i'll do up a big post with some good collections when i get back

I thought January but read on FP Arena someone said it would come out this evening, not sure where they got that info from though.

edit - I think they just meant the Yoshihiro Takayama DLC.

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 18, 2017

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Carlzilla's mod actually has an option to remove the lockup for AI matches, it makes watching them much more enjoyable.

is there a video of this anywhere?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYK7FHFhlRg

Video of the new $3 DLC.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I decided, as is probably not uncommon, to stop trying to figure out the timing and go download like 400 dudes. The appeal of having a SZKO vs WCW Steiner Bros AI match is real.

be careful because if you download thousands of guys it takes forever to manually delete any you don't want, I always end up deleting the FPWW save folder everytime I want to start over

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Time travel subplot where you're catapulted to the days of Inoki-ism and have to work Gruesome matches

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So apparently if a dude gets KO'd in the middle of a battle royal they just... leave him in there? Harsh.

Yes this is one of my favorite things about Fire Pro and I hope they never change it. If you can pick the guy up before the ref counts him as KO'd the match will continue although every time he falls down he'll go back into the KO state, even if he does one of his own moves.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Takuan posted:

Carlzilla, the man responsibly for most of the good Fire Pro mods, released a proper Royal Rumble style mod last night. There's no theoretical upper limit the number of participants, just limitations by your computer's memory capacity. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet, but I think you could also set it up to run an event like Ultima Lucha.

There's also an Iron Man mod in the works that is allegedly nearing completion.

Is there any video of this up yet? I want to see how it works.

edit- here is one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkOmBR2kHU

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 1, 2018

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The "Signature moves can crit" part of Carzilla's mod alone means I could never switch to the PS4 version. Its just too good.

https://giant.gfycat.com/TidyAnotherInvisiblerail.webm

I swear, this guy has a glass jaw. He's gets crit all the time while I'm testing tweaks.

where do i turn this mod on in the patcher?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

id be fine if they at least did something like rip off mdickies universe mode

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Anyone playing Fire Pro yet on the PS4?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so two things so far ive noticed in the ps4 version, you can set run-ins/interference ala criticals and the cpu just did a finisher stealer, i hope these get added when it comes out on steam

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean in a building where i can exchange money and receive a physical artifact immediately and go home with it

Better call first because the store I went to only received one copy of it.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so does the carlzilla mod work with the latest patch? specifically the real royal rumbles?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Sandman McMahon posted:

Where the gently caress is Fire Promoter?!?

I have heard Jan 2019, in the meantime I just make events on a spreadsheet, sim the matches, then record the results.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Steam page for Fire Pro Wrestling World - Fire Promoter DLC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/775630/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World__Fire_Promoter/

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

coconono posted:

I wonder when it drops for PS4. I need to figure out how to turn Kenny Omega into a midcarder like he deserves.

Supposed to be same day.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I guess its out for PS4 cause I think people are streaming it but its not on the steam site yet.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

So is there a way to replace all the FP default promotions/caws with your own? I tried changing some but it froze the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

on cclub someone noted there is a cheat to expand the starting roster from six, hold L1+L2 when you select the difficulty. i had to connect my ps4 controller to my pc to make it work, it also gives you slight money boost to 10 mil vs the default 200k