Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

zakharov posted:

Behold: Austin and Thrasher merged into one being

Stone Cold Steve Austin is stunnering a bowling pin dressed in Headbanger uniform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

So I'm guessing the "story mode" will be Austin's career with the Hollywood Blondes along others, in addition to maybe Undertaker and the streak?

I really hope they get an NXT Women's DLC pack, I want to see some video game wavy tube men.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Which is weird, when you remember Mike Tyson was DLC in WWE '13 (which might've been a much better game)

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

He's putting those educated feet to good use

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Been streaming it on my twitch (JordanGames) and the positive is that i get to actually hear my first and last name finally used in a wwe match.

The problem is learning how to set up moves because you wind up with strikes and grapple reverses all the time.

Old matches used to be a sig and finisher and you're done, but sometimes you can go through three of them and It's still a kick out, almost seeming like you're forced to lose.

The Renee segments feel very last minute and I would have loved to see that expanded better or the option to ignore the interview and be mysterious or run in during opponents interview.

I'm pretty bad at the series (right now I've won two matches after losing 14) and it sends like it will continue until I can pick up more momentum and get the VC up to bit the attributes that are necessary.

Life is hard being a vigilante character called "the enforcer"

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Lodin posted:

Currently downloading this. Originally wasn't, but Derek Smart came to me in a dream last night and told me to avoid it so I took that as a sign. Also, it seems pretty good this year.

Anyway, have they fixed server speeds for finding and downloading CAWS and such since the PS3+360 era? I think 2014 was the last one I played and it was horrendous.

Also, someone please post more funny CAWs. Wanna play as Bog How.

It's still slow in the search, but the download feels faster (I don't know if it is though)

Another cool feature is in the online mode, you can just "practice" with an AI character before the match itself so you don't have to sit around.

However, there is no way of disabling microphone unless you physically go into the ps/xb settings.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I still hate all the new WWE 2K games because almost everything is Lootboxed, and you can't do any of the cool characters that do Brain Busters and 450 Splashes unless you are just lucky.

I wonder how low in price it will go...

Until then, I'll probably play Monkey Ball and see where that No Mercy mod is.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im just gonna pre-order AEW/Inner Circle: Revenge on the Nintendo 64(gb model of the Switch)

AEW: Lights Out

the backstage assault of modern wrestling games

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Rhonne posted:

More games need to be like Wrestling Revolution and let you set your entire moveset to random.

So many botches, but so much fun to just have a referee use a chair and hit the "face" and then when the heel uses the chair on the face, the referee calls it a "DQ" and the match ends

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

New ad just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOjZKMMpTU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

More info

https://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k23/article/wwe-2k23-john-cena-cover-superstar

WarGames: The fan-favorite, chaotic and action-packed WarGames makes its debut in WWE 2K23 and delivers heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 single player or multiplayer mayhem inside two side-by-side rings, surrounded by a double steel cage.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

The janky ai offering moments like this always brings a smile to my face, even though I can't figure out all the characters to IRL counterparts

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Just wanting to get back to when wrestling games were good.

AEW: Here Comes The Pain

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

WWE 2K23 also had a surprisingly good version of War Games that impressed me.

The only thing I disliked was the emphasis on the trading card game.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Can't wait for Better Than You Bay Bay DLC in Winter 2024.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

MDickie made a better janky AEW game that costs the same as one of their dlc packs.

I can't wait to figure out how to make Danhausen.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

story modes peaked with chocolate drop, i don't know why they've bothered to do them since

OOH COLLUSION

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

maybe in 2026, it will finally have the cage match.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I'm so disappointed in that Fight Forever game and just hope if they make a second game, they learn from their mistakes.

Or just do their version of wrestlefest, gently caress it, it doesn't matter!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

You know ladies, excluding the big valbowski is a lot like cancel culture...

You, uh, well, uhh... woke mind virus! PENIS

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

Honest question and not trolling: everyone that is (justifiably) disgusted by the game has quit watching WWE entirely right?

I get it if that’s the deal. The company itself is still as awful as it’s always been.

(still watching myself, all respect due if you don’t)

I haven't been posting much here at PSP, even though I was very active in what had to be it's really lovely wrestling years (raw guest stars, NXT reality show, etc)

I have tried to get into AEW, but have quickly dropped off when it's 2 hour Dynamite became a dynamite, rampage, collision, keep up the dots, so I just became focused on the PPVs and even then, only if there isn't anything else. Even though I really like so many of the talent there.

Going back to WWE after finding out vince stooges are gone and it's HHH, I was hoping it's more like the only thing I did enjoy - NXT in the Full Sail era. When it was an hour on WWE Network and nobody cared.

It's better, way better, no more headaches from Kevin Dunn, but the second that news broke, and reading the lawsuit, I just got very disgusted, almost like Jim Valley.

It's hard to put it into words, I try justifying it, "well it's the business side, that's not the wrestling games," and it's really tough to get back into it.

I remember how terrible 2k20 was and thought that was it, but then, every December these games are like $20 and it's on Steam, so I gotta give it a go...

I try to do the road to Wrestlemania, the rumble and the mania and then leave again, and just watch whatever is in the MOTY thread.

It's going to be tougher, because for me, I have a peacock subscription for something other than the WWE Network, and that is still going into the pocket.

Same thing when that Netflix deal rolls around.

I think the biggest problem is the WWE games is the best part about it is the customization, with wrestlers, moves, entrances, arenas, and that to me is what keeps be coming back.

And it really really sucks, because I don't know most of this roster. I don't care to pay $120 to unlock a skin, or get "Pat McAfee and Pals"

I just want a really stupid, janky game where the hamburglar can rock bottom santa claus through a flaming table

But that's not without giving WWE a cut off it's purchase, because of the IP.

I might just wait until mania weekend or Christmas when it's going to be at discount, just so I can continue the dumb poo poo in the game.

But it's really difficult, it's my favorite slop every year, and I just wish there was a better alternative.

No, it's not fight forever
And while fire pro is great, just in it's control and creation, it's only 2D sprites and I love that ragdoll stupidity.

Edit: example of the stupidity

https://twitter.com/FadeAwayMedia/status/1765239834300309545?t=wzvw6F9-_EebNMB35TJn_Q&s=19

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Fly Ricky posted:

Very similar relationship with UFC events and their respective games as well. Undisputed 3 (PRIDE mode) was the last one that stood out in my eyes.

Thanks for the replies and glad no one took offense. Punchsports are the bees knees and cow manure simultaneously.

It's all good friend, PSP has always been my favorite board to talk all this wacky bizarre stuff, and I am happy to get to make so many friends along the way.

Plus, there is always just ragdolling in that jank MDickie game!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

But guys, is a Cage Match REALLY necessary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

I am still trying to get WWE 2k24 working on Steam Deck, and so far it's really buggy for me when you do a money in the bank/TLC