Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm 22-7 and have yet to draw a single Diva card other than my starting AJ, so I can't do King of the Ring, which is annoying. Virgils and Usos of various sorts, I have many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Astro7x posted:

How are you guys so into this card game? I gave it a try and got bored with it after an hour.

Personally, I blame my autism.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I just love some of the stat choices they made, especially with the commons. For instance, did you know Randy Orton is more charismatic than The American Dream Dusty Rhodes? It came as a surprise to me!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Has anyone found any Mick Foley cards because if they put Adam Rose and John Studd in this game and left out Foley I'll be quite mad indeed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Foley hasn't been employed by the WWE in months and refused to sign a contract for Video Game stuff because of the late and less pay of those checks.

Oh yeah i forgot.

:(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

For those of you who played Supercard, who were your strangest tag teams that managed to have good synergy with each other?

Warrior and Darren Young.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sockser posted:

Hooooooooooooooooooly poo poo

Yeah Uncommon DYoung was up, common Warrior was down. There's a joke there, but I can't find it. My other team is Orton and Christian, which is pretty funny because they feuded forever I guess.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Testekill posted:

So is Undisputed 3 worth picking up as a casual MMA fan?

I'd certainly say so. Career Mode is fun, Pride rules are sufficiently insane, it's a great button mash brawler.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The stats just keep going up. I remember in SYM and HCTP the jobbery guys would be like 70. 83 would be a solid midcarder.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

For interest, everyone who is in HCTP and 2K15, with stats:

Batista: 72 HCTP, 90 2K15
Big Show: 81 HCTP, 87 2K15
Brock Lesnar: 91 HCTP, 94 2K15
Chris Jericho: 85 HCTP, 90/94 2K15
Goldust: 68 HCTP, 86 2K15
John Cena: 75 HCTP, 96 2K15
Kane: 82 HCTP, 90 2K15
Kevin Nash: 83 HCTP, 90 2K15
Randy Orton: 70 HCTP, 92/84 2K15
Rey Mysterio: 74 HCTP, 89 2K15
The Rock: 87 HCTP, 91 2K15
Shawn Michaels: 80 HCTP, 95 2K15
Stone Cold Steve Austin: 85 HCTP, 92 2K15
Triple H: 90 HCTP, 93 2K15
The Undertaker: 85/93 HCTP, 94 2K15

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Bhester posted:

Wasn't Christian either a 67 or 68 in HCTP?

69! Rico and Steven Richards were the lowest dude at 63! It was a 30 point spread (63-93) between highest and lowest guys as opposed to this years 14 (82-96).

E: also, Steph McMahon was the lowest OVR woman at 44. I doubt that is still her stat.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 14, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Hooray! Wappy Dog!

Anyway, awaiting the news that the game does not have weapons in it. That'd be the next thing to cut, right? Maybe go back to SmackDown 2's one-single-GIF entrances.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is the game just going to be a viewer for looking at the newest and best possible 3D model of John Cena from a variety of angles? I mean I Gameflyed 2K15 for PS3 and it was just 2K14 but tangibly worse in a variety of ways, so you'd think that would at least be a baseline?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gavok posted:

One cool little detail is how during an Elimination Chamber match, when Ziggler and Bryan started fighting, Lawler started talking about how Ziggler's gone on record to say that he would love nothing more than to do a 60-man iron man match with Bryan and how that would be such a fun match to see.

In other news, a few months ago, I asked for help on this article on weird wrestling video game moments. Unfortunately, since it wasn't topical, my editors shelved it for later. With WWE 2K15 out, they finally posted it. Thanks again for everyone who gave me a hand with that.

The 25 Weirdest Moments in Wrestling Video Games

This was a really good article. I loved them mention of Bam Bam's Wrestlemania epilogue. My brother and I used to play Wrestlemania at the pizza place, and the first time he cleared the game (he always played Bam Bam), we saw that and were so disturbed it put us off the game for months.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Wait... so you don't even get to defend the title or anything?

What do you think this is, WWE 2K16, now with expanded myCareer mode?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

From watching streams (I don't have a PS4) it seems the funniest part of MyCareer is that while you are an unknown NXT prospect who hasn't yet had your first match against a real person much less a title opportunity, you can have Roman Reigns or Stephanie McMahon out there managing you.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

The streamer either already played through MyCareer or has unlocked all content by other means. You start off w/ most of the divas division, Ricardo, and Zeb coulter as options. As you play through the game you unlock more (Regal, etc). The heel storyline, such as it is, lets you join the authority and then you can be managed by a Shield guy (I guess in case you wanted to make a Marty Stu Shield member) and the Helmsleys. Beating Brock gives you Heyman. So no, none of the manager options are immersion-breaking or w/e

Ah I did not realize that they were unlockable. Yeah the stream I was watching had the Accelerator installed. Sorry.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Raw 2 was fun because I liked to imagine that in some alternative universe 2003 Raws had small segments in between every match and promo where my guy, let's say Scott Steiner would follow someone, say Mark Henry, around all night begging him to be his manager, let him be my manager, form a team, rob him, etc. All while Trish was in week 13 of her Undisputed Title reign.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Both Raw and DOR did a thing where you could, in the CAW process, give your dude a weapon (or a riot shield or a watermelon...) and he would bring it to the ring and you could attack your opponent with it. SVR never had that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is there a wiki or something where I can see them without reinstalling that dreadful game?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I literally have only gotten four different divas above Uncommon this entire time, including the Paige cards from the ladder. I'm all for using Divas more but then how about dropping some more decent Diva cards so I have the chance to get a Pro or pair people together as a tag team properly?

The cash shop is right there man. Just waiting to give you cards.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

I still hate the prize structure of KOTR mode since the Survivor tier came out. It is literally impossible for me to progress, since I need Pro Survivors for that, and the only way to get a Survivor card, outside of a random pull, requires getting to the second round of the KOTR bracket, which I cannot do, since so many people have Pro Survivors, while I have none.

:20bux:?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Shut your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain both had a big release powerbomb that if you lined it up right would throw people out of the ring/off a backstage ledge.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

HCTP is the peak of WWE games. Get a new roster save or just CAW all the dudes you want yourself, and off you go with good career mode and gameplay and MOVEZ~.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like how HHH is just Mania 23 HHH.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Doesn't Immortals come out Tuesday?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I guess the Uso Crazy OMG moment is the double suicide dives?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I know it's the same company and all, but it's amazing how much this looks like a mod for Injustice.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

AJs not even in it. In fact the selection of characters is super weird. There's at least 2, and up to 4 versions of everyone who is in the game, but the roster is just Bryan, Kane, 'Taker, HHH, Sheamus, Big Show, Cena, Reigns, Trish, and the Bellas. That's it.

Paige is in the game. She's a sorceress!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I like how Trish's last gear upgrade, instead of being equipment or an abstract concept like most people, is just Lita.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sounds like it's the same then, thanks. How much do you think it'd cost to unlock the whole roster, ballpark?

500K maybe? Dudes run from 9-22K, there's like 20 of them. Plus they all have gear and levels to buy.

Edit: wow I was super misremembering

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

Didn't know that. Ah. Well that's... that's bizarre. They don't make any attempt to differentiate Immortals DB from everyday DB at all?

Hell, if anything, he's more of a lumberjack than Big Show.

Yes Yes Yes DB is just him in the shirt. No No No DB is a faun, a goat-human hybrid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Boy, unlocking the level 2 finishers in Immortals is a game changer. Paige and Roman are both one shotting everyone they come across. It's funny to me how much stronger, statwise, Paige is over Roman level for level. It doesn't make him look strong.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Sami Zayn dressed as Aladdin because foreigners!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Also I think something went wrong. I just did Battle 11, which is listed as Daniel Bryan and the Yes Movement challenging me to a brawl. However when I got to the top of the rankings, there was no DB but there was a silver Brock with 2000 health. It was weird.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I caved and bought a Silver booster pack so I could keep progressing up the singleplayer campaign, which in battle 12 has started adding silvers with 2-3000 health and 1500 attack, so my team is now Authority HHH, Yes Movement DB, and Sorceress Paige. I like my team.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

This is a mistake, because you're going to get to the next tier and then be completely stalled because silver just doesn't cut it after about halfway through the third tier. Should have ground out the 75k for gold. Once you get one of them poo poo becomes a joke, and the payouts start getting way bigger (up to 15k for one ladder in single player) and it gets way easier to build your team.

I just got another gold D-Bry, and made my current one legendary. Not sure how big of a boost I got from that because I forgot to look at the before/after stats.

Ok, so I messed up. At least having HHH will make it easier to grind out that 75K. What's the preferred grinding method in this game? Do I just run Battle 11 (the last one I can effortlessly win) over and over? Go back to tier 1 and fight Kane repeatedly?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So while playing my first online match, I got to experience everyone's favorite glitch. I lost because Invisible Roman Reigns decided to run in and kickbomb Bryan while he was fighting Nikki.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Haha Authority HHH's combo finisher is doing a crotch chop, causing a big green X to pop out of the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Finally bought my first Gold pack. Got Trish and two buff cards for characters I don't have. Not as bad as possible, but I wanted Brock or HHH.