Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
x-post

shiksa posted:

argh the fuckin fire promoter thing is telling me i need to have dlc to use my saved game, how does that even make sense, how would i have characters that require dlc without having the dlc

anyone have any thoughts?

do i have a minefield of old downloaded characters that now use njpw dlc content?

ill get it if i have to, i was able to start a game and it was very very much insanely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

The Carnies created a mode.

thank you rovert this is very helpful

well... i bought the dlc and it works. look at that. guess i coulda played with the default characters but no

gently caress it, whatever, i'm a mark and i have to have it and im not going to comb through the files to make it work. i'll do the romance substories in the visual novel or w/e eventually.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 2, 2019

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Drakkel posted:

I cannot wait to get 2k22 and have it be exactly as broken and unplayable as 2k20 except they bolted a half-assed GM Mode on top of it that isn't fun to play because the game'll somehow have a thinner roster to play with than the original games that had it did

every couple months a little pixelated nick khan shows up with a "budget cuts" minigame where you have to fit in your favorite WWE SuperStars in a grid inventory space with any remaining blocks Future Endeavored

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

wh... what why would you post that just dont post anything instead

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Shard posted:

I've never seen a story try to tell me that the bad character was actually good and in fact I was bad for finding his despicable actions deplorable.

i watched a steven seagal movie called "the asian connection" where he plays the bad guy and murders many people in cold blood and the final scene is a voiceover from the hero's love interest saying that steven seagal was actually a pretty nice guy after all

highly recommended.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

They're easier and better to play than Fire Pro, the mechanics are pretty simple and there's also, crucially, hit detection

fire pro is way better at simming matches which makes the most important feature, fire promoter, all the better

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Why would you say this is bad or unusual

nice battle royal. for BABIES :smug:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Dishwasher posted:

Smackdown-2K vs FirePro is kinda like the difference between Fifa and Football Manager. Fire Pro is all about the obsessive nuts and bolts and watching the engine work its magic.

I'm working through a fictional/efed only MOTW run just building feuds and building up my chosen aces and its some of the best fun I've had in a wrestling game to date. 170 hours and I don't even have a controller plugged in. :allears:

ah, another connisseur of action figure theater. yes, i have countless hours of simmed fire pro in my steam history. playing the actual game is, yeah, actually more strategic than most games and definitely has its appeal but creating stables and battling them together and finding your favorite teams that work well together and like, creating these new dream pairings and having splinter groups, thats where its at for me

in my game the absolute killer ace trio of badasses is EVIL/KENTA/PAC (which is extremely satisfying just aesthetically) and the most decorated tag team in the history of the fed is chris jericho and owen hart. all bc the ai has a little bit of magic that makes them extremely fun to watch and win lots of matches lol. it ruuuules, highly rec to anyone who likes their games to play themselves.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Timby posted:

The nL stuff would be much more tolerable if it weren't for the dumbshit who feels the need to giggle at everything, shout out at a spot and generally dominate the discussion.

its a lets play channel, yes

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

a virtual thunderdome is so fkn funny and also its really weird and creepy that theyll be using the video from the ppl who were on the screens (i mean this was inevitable, ofc wwe would have that footage forever, still creepy and weird lol) bravo

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

wrestlers should have ovr for ppl who want to do sims and efeds or have a single player challenge and be flattened for online/local multiplayer so ppl can play their favorites, everyone's happy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Drakkel posted:

So apparently GM Mode doesn't have online play unless you use a workaround like Steam Remote Play or whatever the Playstation equivalent is called, and for the Xbox there's just none period. Amazing.

it rules that they spent two years starting over from square one and the game is still gonna suck and be missing a ton of stuff

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

its not like every wwe game yukes made was a mess, some of the yukes games were the best. but yeah wwe keeps squeezing blood out of a stone yknow. like cmon here comes the pain rules lets not act like it doesnt

i just hope aew doesn't try and copy the yearly model for their games. put something out that will be the game for like, idk 3 years at least and release dlc for roster updates, just please god dont copy the rest of the sports game models out there

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i wish someone made a game that played like here comes the pain and had a somewhat varied infinite (or very long) season mode and wasnt tied to the wwe, but it doesnt exist, alas

i will continue simming my Brawl For All But For Real fed in fire pro world until that comes to pass

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

if youre not setting up spreadsheets with win/loss % formula autofills to track matches youre not playing fire pro right

my setup is all cage fights, in a ring submission only/basically wargames for teams and the "gruesome fighting" mma mode for singles matches, which almost always end in a ko and are super tense and can lead to really awesome tense finishes. every big move is a potential knockout and even sometimes routine stuff. i have a whole title lineage doc and everything and this isnt even the first time ive set one up, its like automated action figures its so good lol

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Literally yes. Give me just that and a Universe sandbox and I'd be happy.

its honestly preposterous for a major wrestling game to be released in the modern age without any sort of "hey you can run your own shows and get the belts on the action figure guys you want" mode like, even with bs customization i would've been there for fight forever with some sort of mode like that but like

I dont want to play online so idk how this game is for me, you didn't need to reference the n64 games with the features too, drat!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The337th posted:

Hell, WWF Attitude had a rough create a show mode, for that matter

i spent so much time playing that game, fully aware how much it sucked to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

nice 666 snype

agreed, I havent really played it hands on, but from what I've seen and heard... not the one for me, very unfortunately. and even if things turn around and they add the modes and customization id want.. okay so I buy the game and now I have to get 100 dollars worth of dlc so the roster is only outdated to a year and a half ago? yeesh

I was always gonna wait and see on fight forever but for a time I genuinely considered getting a ps5 to go along with it if it was good and lmao I barely use my ps4 anymore as is