Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
When you tie up it starts rock, paper, scissors, when someone has the high ground there it goes to a thing where you aim with the right stick to find the spot, winner of the spot minigame generally gets to do a move or get out of/reverse the grapple. Easiest way to win a match is to grapple dudes down and then while they're doing, instead of striking them or ground grappling them, showboat a little with taunts so you can build to a signature/finisher faster. You can win matches just fine without a finisher but it's the fastest way to put someone down for 3.

I've found that one of the better ways to avoid getting into a tie up is to sprint and grapple instead of a standing/walking grapple so that you can do a bit of damage to them and help to do standing grapples more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Skunkrocker posted:

I recently tried out the character creator in 2K15.

:smith:

No turbans but at least the head t-shirt sort of works. Unfortunately it's entrance only.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Genericide posted:

The bit at the start of the 2k15 career mode with Bill De Mott is hilarious. I'm having ****+ matches with Tommy Strong and all he's doing is arbitrarily complaining over it instead of enjoying the wrestling classic.

Yeah, it's pretty shockingly realistic.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Retromancer posted:

What's the rear end donut eating minigame like?

Same as the grapple minigame but you have some jobber yelling at you while you do it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Hell if you think that's bad the new Wolfenstein mini-game that's probably like 5 or however hours long is 34gb.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

2k15 really ramps up the difficulty on title defenses - on more than one occasion I had to DQ myself because I was getting to my second finisher and hadn't gotten Rusev down to his red health bar yet (granted, most of my super heavyweight CAW's attacks target the torso and I assume Rusev's pretty sturdy there)

Rusev's torso is basically a literal tree with arms and legs grafted to it, yeah.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Actually that sounds better than Hacksawn's actual themes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Aurain posted:

Needs more promos by the male faces calling you a fat-rear end.

I would be okay with them including Scott Steiner in 2k16.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Wanna watch that match.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Yeah, Randy Orton, that'll put butts in seats :rolleyes:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
"I hate mirror matches" should never be a sentence said about any fighting game.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

Paige, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Bad News Barrett, and Finn Balor confirmed for 2K16.

Zack's actually getting screen time again, what about him? And R-truth?! More importantly, will R-Truth have his rapping entrance?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think the general consensus is that what was lost far outweighs what was gained.

Yeah, this. Just as a casual player I feel like 2k14 was a more completetotal package that offered generally better stuff and kind of wish that one was ported to PC instead, but I love me some old wrestling so the inventory of dudes from the '80s and early '90s does weigh me towards 2k14 even discounting the other parts that were dropped.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

2k is really pushing the "largest roster in WWE game history" line. I hope that's legit and not including the 12 versions of Stone Cold that will be in the story mode.

I'd personally love it if they actually straight up included everyone on the current roster plus a robust group of legends.

Unfortunately, it'll be

pressedbunny posted:

It'll include 12 versions of Austin, 2 non-playable JRs, there will be 6 CAW slots and you can forget about creating any women.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Genericide posted:

I like that they haven't even recorded Lawler and Cole commentary on an insane amount of moves. My CAW just gets "oh my" and "what a move" after anything more obscure than a headlock.

It's just like the real thing!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Heenan, but drunk Heenan from WCW, and Jesse.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Really it's true for anything WWE.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Well now we get to hear JBL all the time, here, on WWE 2k16! Hell, I look forward to it, he isn't terrible when Vince isn't telling him what to say. And bonus: Maggle!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Nut Bunnies posted:

I just wonder what his finisher will be. My guess is they just give him Bikertaker's move set

The stomachpunch he does to the biker at the start of the first one but without all the blood.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The tipoff that it's not a real roster is Zack Ryder being in it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

I still think we should go with the MOBA thing and have characters sorted by grappler/technician/garbage wrestler/etc.

One big side of the screen for jobbers, then John Cena alone on the other side.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The actual problem is the camera angle, it makes them look taller than the top rope.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

triplexpac posted:

Each camera angle lower than the last

Hiding the crowd.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

They managed to recreate Kane's weird belly button.

The best WWE 2k game yet.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Come to the Midwest, where a salad is a jar of mayo with some garbage in it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The problem with the announcing is The Fink isn't 25 years younger and doing it all himself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Game better have Mr. Perfect, if it's gonna have country.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Do not try to button mash your way out of a pin, if it's a Revolver Ocelot CAW that's pinning you.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

triplexpac posted:

You couldn't in previous games, I imagine this will be the same. It's probably a licensing thing

I'd be satisfied with them reintroducing theme importing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Blast Fantasto posted:

You can see the Wrestlemania set in the background of Sting's pics. It's night there but I hope they have a daytime variation because that was one of my favorite things about this year's setup.

I want a version that starts in daytime and then as the match goes on it gets later and later until it's dusk and then night for the longer iron man matches.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If they're removing them they better loving add regular Iron Sheik at least.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
If nothing else it hopefully means we'll be getting Jake for this one built into the game. Unless they plan to gloss over the whole 3:16 thing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Loving that fatface Jake model.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Phenix Rising posted:

Edit: Ugh. Rollins with Lesnar in a chin lock - "That's the first time we've seen THAT move tonight, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of it!"

Hell, I would like some Randy Orton matches, too! Gonna make Randy and Fat Jake fight!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Lady Naga posted:

I won't be satisfied with the 2k series of games until I can literally murder a man in the ring.

They need to hire M. Dickie, really. Imagine M. Dickie wrestlegames, but with an actual budget and an engine that kind of works instead of does not work.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I can't wait for completely accurate Randy Orton v. Roman Reigns matches in 2k16.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Welcome back, Oh, Radio, and also Zack Ryder.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Muddy Burphy posted:

I like their sandwiches.

I enjoy their beasts, myself.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Will 2k16 include custom music at least again, or is it just a bunch of CAWs who all have to share the default music selection?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Timby posted:

What the Christ is going on with Foley's tie :psyduck:

Haku is so good he's crushing the neck and the tie at the same time.