Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vince Russo is burying the EWR dirtsheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

So you shouldn't start a king of the ring and then go to bed?

Starting a King of the Ring and going to bed is fine, so long as you know you'll be around in ~45 hours and be able to pop in for a second the 6 hours after that to set your team for the tournament matches.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Swagger Dagger posted:

I just played a guy in Supercard who sent out Pro UR Big Show, Pro SR Big Show, and Pro R Big Show.

It's dedication to craft like that that I really appreciate.

I assume he also used Pro Big Show's father, right?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The People's Challenge came on the perfect weekend for me. I had nothing to do but laze around, so I could watch things while grinding through matches. Needing to get to the 2nd SR Paige helped motivate doing it.

Sitting at 1100, hoping that I don't lose enough ground over the next ~16 hours to not be able to grind back into the Epic pair.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

1853 here.

I gave myself some leeway in case the ranking they listed was wrong a bit either way, but still worried.

I want that Double Brock + Epic Manager. :ohdear:

Although I'd die of laughter if they went CENAWINZLOL.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sono posted:

Ended up at 2,187, so no huge aftershocks.

Mine was exactly right.

And levelling up one of the Brocks + putting Heyman as a support moved me into Epic, and I drew an epic Edge.

Now to figure out how to properly game Ultra Rare KOTR...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

And all the match music and interstitial music.

All of it is Bawitdabaw.

ALL OF IT

Change all the commentary to parts of various songs.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I reached an UR finals, my prize was Ryback.

On one hand, Ryback isn't a good card.

On the other hand, any maxed UR Pro will be a big upgrade, and THE BIG GUY owns.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh god, they increased the number of people who can get Diamond Legendary just enough that I might consider trying to get it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Telex posted:

anyone in the 5000-20,000 rank right now and can give me a rough idea of how much grind I have left to do? I'm at 30k right now, hopefully I can grind out enough to hit the divas.

I have 1000 points and am about 13000th. Not sure where I'll be after decay though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

But Supercard is a dumb 2k game! :ohdear:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Woohoo, got the UR Diva Pair.

Now to laugh as all epic non-Pro Divas become worthless!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A few minutes after I claimed my UR Paige Pair from People's Challenge, I won my KotR and got a pair of UR Naomis.

Supercard is a cruel, cruel mistress.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

It's cool and good that Yukes have done the same poo poo for 7 years now and people still find an excuse to say "next year they'll make something good and worth $60"

So what you're saying is WWE 2k15 is an accurate simulator of the WWE.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Both Raw and DOR did a thing where you could, in the CAW process, give your dude a weapon (or a riot shield or a watermelon...) and he would bring it to the ring and you could attack your opponent with it. SVR never had that.

I think Day of Reckoning let you have giant spinning drills for hands.

The best wrestling games are the ones where you're allowed to make the stupidest things imaginable.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

So you make yourself in CAW?

Yes. :smith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Phenix Rising posted:

Did he ever not look like a weirdo like this during his time in WCW, though? I remember him looking like this + a mustache in his early WCW days, but I can't remember how long he kept the jacket and mullet sans mustache.

I think he looked a lot like how he did during his WWE run when he was feuding with Booker T and Chris Benoit over the TV Title (which is coincidentally the only memory I have of him in WCW other than punching Regal in the face), but I might be mistaken.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

I don't even care if Immortals is buggy as gently caress. I could watch Paige deliver massive suplexes to Big Show all day.

Now: start spitballing some terrible ideas for what new wrestlers and versions of wrestlers will be. I predict a gold version of the Rock that's got a minotaur vibe and is called Brahma Bull.

I thought you said you were going to come up with terrible ideas.

Inspired by Lumberjack Big Show, everyone gets a Lumberjack version, leading to a Lumberjack mode where if you get too close to one side of the screen the Lumberjacks attack you.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Retromancer posted:

I pretty much steamrolled the bronze/silver challenge with a lvl 22 shaemus as my main. I think I backed him up with a lvl 20 paige and filled the last spot with whoever I wanted to get xp.

pump some money into those L2 signatures, guys, they're worth it.

Also, has anyone pulled a top tier gold character out of a cheaper gold pack, or are they all Big Show/Trish?

My first pull from a cheap pack was Roman Reigns. I don't know how good he compares to the other golds, but his level 2 special is brutal and his basic combo is really good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

As an Android owner I'm very sad seeing this challenge talk. :(

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Testekill posted:

Jimmy Uso won the 2k15 rumble

So you're saying A Samoan is going to win by eliminating The Big Show, with a man returning from a near-career-ending injury finishing third, John Cena finishing fourth.

That sounds reasonable.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Thanks for the tip! About time a glitch worked in our favour.

Does The Undertaker's resurrection thing only work for the AI?

I've never used Silver Undertaker, but I've noticed that if a hit in a multi-hit special takes him down to 0, and then the hits left do more than 25%, it KOs him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Online battles are available on Android now, but still no Cybrock challenge yet. :(

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Lumbershow is great because it's really easy to predict the AI using a signature, so you just swap him in, block and take virtually no damage, then switch your heavy hitter back in. Repeat as needed.

He's much better in online where for some reason the opponents build meter far, far slower than in single player.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I've seen so many teams with three low-level Legendary VII golds online that I now understand how all of these Mobile games make tons of money.

For those who haven't done the numbers, a Legendary VII gold costs about 1.6 million WWE money, so a trio costs 4.8 million.

At 100 bucks for about a million, a team of three Legendary VII golds costs 500 bucks, and even more if they upgraded moves/gear to max.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Just encountered a very strange enemy character in an Immortals pvp match. Name was Randy Orton Alt, title was Age of Orton. Appearance is just silver Lesnar. Names for all abilities are just variations of "Randy Orton Placeholder". Talent enhancements also have placeholder names, but the art assets are already there - left one is him doing the release the doves pose, middle one is him with Evolution, and right one is just him looking angry. He's got greenish areas of skin in these pics, suggesting they're going with a viper-man aesthetic. Dunno what his passive is since the description just says placeholder, but he looks like he has impressive base stats.

Looks like we know who the next challenge reward is!

I'll be surprised if the next challenge reward isn't The Rock, since he's now the only person released with only one character.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 19, 2015

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

How does one obtain the purple crafting material in Immortals? I need one to unlock the 30% crit chance on Face Paint, but haven't obtained any through scrapping yet.

According to the forums, you need to scrap 3-star gear for that, but it's not possible to get 3-star gear yet.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jonny Angel posted:

Strange. Why do I see people in PvP with crit chance all the time, then?

It's possible I'm wrong and/or those people are dirty, dirty cheaters.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

CubsWoo posted:

Just got my first Legendary VII through daily packs and wow is Show a tank that takes a billion years to kill anything :(

Big Show is great to have come in and take signatures if you have something else good at killing.

He is the most annoying thing in the world to have as your one good character.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A wrestling game with no actual wrestling sounds incredibly stupid, and I want it right now.

The next stage of evolution from Backstage Assault.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I know I should be focusing on the wacky fan poses, but all I can see is that they're floating.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't know what NewLegacyInc is.

They're a bunch of friends who stream video games, usually wrestling ones, and have a tendency to (either accidentally or on purpose) horribly, horribly break WWE games.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Those faces are so bad I actually thought he was showing off a silly mod someone already made.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Did all the Impact! models look that good? That is a very very good Booker T by wrestlegames standards

Yeah, Impact had fantastic graphics, and completely dreadful everything else.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hope there's a mode where you get to spend hours hosting Stone Cold's podcast, just like the real thing!

If it includes a "You forgot to push the record button" feature, I'll buy it day one.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

News: The non-wrestler for WWE 2k16 has been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qek2AIfV34

Views: Ahahah this owns

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Testekill posted:

:shepspends:

I love it Maggle, it exists almost for the sole function of being a dick

I want to run a promotion with every match ending in a screwjob and see how long it takes for everything to go to hell.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm going to have to replace my "how many deathmatches can I put Hardcore Holly in before he either quits or dies" experiments with "how many times can I screwjob Roman Reigns before he quits or I'm fired" experiments.

"What happens if I do a Screwjob in a mask vs. mask match?"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

If they're going for realism I don't expect that the courts will take much interest in a "they stoled my belt!!" suit. I mean yeah realistically they might have grounds if they were fired or left directly afterward (since jobbing in such a way would arguably hurt their image / ability to draw elsewhere) but not even Brett irl was a big enough mark for himself to take legal action over fake fight booking.

Hogan sued WCW over a promo insulting him happening without his consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I got to play around with Extreme injury settings.

I had a fans bring the weapons match with crazy brawl and both guys got injured. It's exactly what I was hoping for. :allears: