Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Supercard is great. I've played a few exhibition matches here and there throughout the day but am excited to go home and invest some proper time in it. And I'll agree with Happy Happyist, this game is way more fun than it has any right to be.

e - I love the fight animations because it's exactly the same way I used to play with my wrestling action figures when I was a kid :kimchi:

cyberia fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah I've gotten a bunch of those as well, it's pretty annoying, and I'm even doing KotR! :mad:

You can delete cards from your collection if you go to the 'my cards' option on the main page.

So I spent the weekend playing a fair bit and am currently stomping my way to victory at least 75% of the time with an SR Hogan, R Shawn Michaels, R Natalya and a tag team of R Lesnar and R Pro Big Show. I feel like I need to sub out at least one of my roster for someone with a higher speed stat but I like my powerhouse heavyweights too much to get rid of any of them :ohdear:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I just wanted to share that I am straight up MURDERING this king of the ring.

The 1 in 41-1 is the number 2 standing and maybe the only other player paying attention to the tourney,

I did a KOTR over the weekend and was similarly murdering it all the way to the final match. I won the first game then the other guy swapped out his team for a much stronger team and proceeded to murder me 3-0 in the next two games :argh: I still got a pair of SR Andres out of it which handily replaced my R Brock Lesnar in my lineup so I can't complain too much but it still sucked getting stomped at the last minute like that.

e - current lineup is

Pro SR Andre
Pro R Big Show
SR Christian
SR Hogan
Pro R Paige

all max levels and consistently winning enough matches to keep me happy but I'm not looking forward to having to grind through more KOTR's to get enough SR pairs to get up to the next tier in the game.

I was hoping to finish in the top 10k of the Cena v Lesnar thing but I've slipped from ~7k to ~14k in the rankings just while I've been at work today so I don't think I can physically play enough matches in the next 24 hours to end the thing with a decent rank.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

BlueArmyMan posted:

SuperCard loves giving me Cameron, for some reason. I had her as a Super Rare wrecker for a long time, then I got her as an Epic blind drop, and she was my first guaranteed Legendary pull.

I mean, it's nice having a solid Diva as a go to, but seeing how everyone else has gotten poo poo for Diva drops, it strikes me as odd.

It's anecdotal but I seem to play against more high-tier Cameron's than any other diva card so maybe she's just more prevalent as you progress through the tiers?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Why do I ever read any forum other than SA? I thought it might be interesting to have a look at the official Supercard forum to see if there's any information about future updates and special events or whatever and in my five minutes browsing through threads I saw:

- Why did you make John Cena the ladder reward card? It should have been CM Punk instead
- Can you make all cards have the same gold border as the ladder reward cards?
- So much creepy nerd innuendo about Paige
- So much sperging about people buying in-game credits
- An equal amount of sperging about people who are too cheap to buy in-game credits

Why is the internet full of so many awful people? :negative:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Combine the older feud and tag team ideas and give me the New Age Outlaws vs Road Warriors, please.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

interpunct posted:

Yes, KOTR groups tend to be filled with people whose rarity bars are around the same as your total deck at the time you begin the tournament. People tend to game the system by packing their bench with common cards or using some level 0 Pro cards that end up fully maxed during the course of the qualifying round.

I just won a pair of Shawn Michaels cards in an Epic KOTR and I am absolutely pumped.

I think when you start a KOTR it locks your cards in at the level they're already at. You can train them up and play them in exhibition matches but the increase in XP doesn't get factored into the KOTR. (I know this because I had the same genius idea to scam my way to a KOTR win and it didn't work :( )

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cams posted:

Everyone on Supercard has pretty much figured out the whole "punt half of your cards so that you can have just enough cards of super high level to win" which makes playing rather frustrating. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a solution, but something really needs to be done about it. It's stupid going against 3 epic pros with a team of UR Pros.

At the beginning of the People's Champ event I was hovering around the Ultra+ / ++ tier so I tried stacking my deck with half common cards to lower my ranking and just got stomped in every match. In the end I made a team out of the strongest cards I had which edged me into Epic and, after maxing out my guaranteed Epic pick (The Rock), I am now at mid Epic tier with my strongest cards and am consistently winning even against stacked decks.

Maybe it's worse lower in the rankings but try using your strongest cards and keep playing KOTR to get more high-level cards to build up your team and you should get over the hump and into a position where you can win consistently.

My current team (all fully trained) is:

code:
- SR Pro Andre
- SR Pro Cena
- SR Pro The Rock
- Epic The Rock
- SR Pro Paige

- UR Ladder
- Rare WWE Universe
I find I lose most diva matches in Epic tier but my tag team of Rock and Cena can beat pretty much anybody, especially with a well-placed speed bost.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I finished my first epic KOTR yesterday and came 10th :negative:

Currently plowing through a UR KOTR to try and get another UR pair to strengthen my lineup before trying the epic tier again.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Sockser posted:

Since I've reached epic I've only not qualified for a single bracket and that was because I was busy during the weekend it fell on and went like, 5-40 or something absurd, but my UR drop was a Rock, giving me a duplicate, so it was even better.

I'm consistently rocking these without having to cheese them, I don't know what you guys are doing wrong here that you need to force down your levels.

I'm not cheesing my lineup but I'm on the awkward cusp of UR and Epic where I've got one Epic card, two UR Pro's and a handful of non-pro UR's and when I'm up against people who have cheesed lineups with Epic Pro's and Legendaries it makes my team a lot less competitve. I was hoping to get another Epic card out of the KOTR but, like your experience, I couldn't switch out my lineup for a day because I got busy with stuff and so lost too many matches to ever be in contention.

Hopefully something is done to fix the cheesing problem because I enjoy using my strongest cards in a lineup and having fair matches that aren't just an auto-win but it's hard to do that and stay competitive with the other players.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Dammit, now I'm going to have to buy a PS4 :sigh:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Swagger Dagger posted:

The winning team just determines which prizes are handed out. You get stuff according to your rank, no matter who you picked.

I thought you got the rewards from your team regardless of the end result?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I played way too much Supercard on the weekend and actually pulled a few UR cards and an Epic Edge, which was pretty cool. Now I've got my UR Macho Man pair as a reward in the PCC and have a KOTR ending in a few hours that will hopefully land me another UR pair. drat I have a lot of grinding to do to level up all these cards. I just hope I end up with a strong enough team to start getting into Epic KOTR finals instead of placing 8th and immediately losing 2-0 in the first elimination round.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Somebody mentioned that there are going to be nerfs made to the Supercard KOTR mode but I can't find any specifics on the developer's twitter or the Supercard forum. Can someone fill me in as to what changes are going to be made? I'm currently languishing in a weird purgatory of being too OP for UR KOTR (and having over 20 UR wrestlers in my collection at the moment) but not being good enough to win an Epic KOTR (because every one I enter is filled with guys playing with stacked hands of Legendary pros and a bench of common cards) so if they're going to make it even harder to get pairs of cards then I guess I'll uninstall now and save myself the grind.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I started a Legendary KOTR this morning with a team that just manages to scrape onto the Legendary tier (1 Epic Pro, 1 Epic, 6 UR Pros, 1 UR Pro diva and 1 SR Pro diva). I figured I would be matched up against similar teams and might have a chance of either picking up another Epic card or maybe clawing my way into the semi-final for a Legendary but instead I'm being steamrolled by assholes who have 2-3 Survivor level cards and a bench of commons :mad:

Why would someone who already has multiple Survivor level cards want to put themselves in a low-level Legendary KOTR? While I like the new content and some of the changes they've made I think the changes to the KOTR system put anyone who doesn't already have a 5 Legendary Pro lineup at a massive disadvantage and it's going to be incredibly difficult to progress beyond mid Epic - low Legendary tier without stupid amounts of grinding and luck.

But at least I'm getting some schadenfreude from people on the official forum crying because they're PCC rewards are no longer the most powerful cards in the game.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I just want a Sting card to set as my champion but there's no way I'm going to place that high in the PCC :( It sucks that a card like that is probably the only thing I'd be willing to pay for in the game but there's no way they'll ever sell specific cards when they have people willing to drop hundreds on title belt powerups or card picks. Oh well, based on past events, I guess I'll end up with an epic pro Cena or Big Show depending on who wins the PCC which is useful but not awesome :geno:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

interpunct posted:

Since the update went live, I've already pulled a non-freebie Survivor card. Leading up to that card, I pulled two Legendaries, three Epics, and like 10 Ultra Rares. Keep grinding, I guess?

How many matches have you played to get those cards? Since the update I've probably played close to a thousand matches and all I've pulled is one ultra rare, a handful of super rare and the normal number of rares (playing at Legendary tier).

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

The American Dream posted:

Ugh. If I win this kotr and get the 2 UR they're significantly worse maxed out then my mid 20 pro sr team. Guess I'll just max them out and work on getting more UR cards. It's only been like 700 cards since my last UR pull, I'm due right?

FWIW, I've noticed that I pull higher-tier cards much faster when I play the PCC matches so maybe try grinding through that over the weekend? During the first PCC I pulled maybe half a dozen UR cards over the course of a couple of hundred matches.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The only good thing about the RTG mode in Supercard is watching the Supercard forum eat itself alive.

quote:

To Everyone Who Is Upset About The New Matchmaking

Ok, i get it, youre upset. Im upset. I wanted the Roan Reigns, its a good card, it looks cool. We all want the best cards to be the best. We all want to be Adnan or Jonathon who are the best and I acknowledge them for their awesomeness. But remember one thing... ITS A GAME!!! Yes, we all want to be the best, but we cant. All basketball players want to be Lebron James or Kobe Bryant but they arent. When you wake up tomorrow, ask yourself "Did not getting that Roman Reigns run my life?" No it didnt. I sacrificed an entire 4 days off to get PCC Rock and it cost me a pinched ulnar nerve and carpal tunnel and about $60 for it. Thats how obsessed i was to get it. My fiancee called me nuts and got pissed that i was attached to my phone all weekend. This thread isnt to rant about not getting a PCC or RTG card, its to remind you that this game for us to have fun, a hobby. Not to ruin our lives over it. My fiancee plays this game also ans couldnt get past flair, i cant get the first Reigns. But im ok with that. Its not worth my paycheck or going out and having fun with friends. Id rather have my paycheck to pay my student loans than to grind through a PCC or RTG. The Roman Reigns wont make me a manager at my company. Yes, i love this game, and i play with a passion. But to all those who rant about RTG being impossible or those same people being in the top five of PCC, rememeber that if you get those cards or not. Your life wont change when you wake up tomorrow. And you can believe that!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Delsaber posted:

I wish this game would stop giving me KOTR energy cards and stuff when I'm already at my max. Feels like a waste of a draw, though I guess with RTG on it doesn't really matter when I'm pulling six cards at a time.

Still, three energy cards in a row last time, ouch.

I've noticed that I seem to get blocks of KOTR boost cards despite having the maximum number of each boost already. So I'll play a bunch of games and get 5-10 boost cards then get 5-10 R/SR cards then another block of boost cards. I don't know if it's confirmation bias or a glitch in the RNG that determines what the reset card in each tableau is going to be but it's annoying as hell to keep pulling boosts when all I want is some cards I can use to level my team up.

On a positive note I pulled a random Epic Macho Man last night just after winning the same card in RTG so some good came out of spending all weekend playing Supercard.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Hobo Clown posted:

I always pick whoever's in a lower tier, since I figure they have worse cards than me.

Regarding the new RtG, since I already know I'm not going to be able to win any matches once I hit Legendary tier, I may as well take my time getting there and farm all the 6-picks from easier wins. I shot through the first 6 tiers in less than a day using boosts last time and kinda wished I hadn't. If they're giving everyone 300 credits every time they start a new one I'm just gonna save em up for something worthwhile.

IIRC, the 300 credits were a once-off gift for everyone. I don't think they'll be giving them out for every RTG.

Also, looking at the dev's twitter he has said that the point of RTG is to get a card to help your deck and if you want the better cards then 'improve your deck'. In response to someone saying they were able to cheese their way to the Survivor Reigns cards with an Uncommon deck playing only +1 matches he said that 'uncommon decks should stall out in the rare tier' and they will work on fixing the matchmaking for RTG mode.

Now I know it's a f2p mobile game and they rely on people paying for better cards to make their income but just blatantly stating that they've introduced a game mode with which is actively set up to stop players from achieving at a certain point seems super lovely to me? I mean, my deck is at Legendary++ and I stalled out halfway through Legendary in RTG. I probably could have ground my way to the Legendary card with 1-point matches but what's the point? I already have a dozen L-tier cards that aren't doing anything useful until I get a duplicate to make a pro card out of so why play RTG at all?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Toshimo posted:

I actually just broke into Legendary by levelling up that Sheamus. Guess which diva I got:

You can have some of my divas if you want. I've got three epic pros, two legendaries and a couple of UR and un-pro'd Epics. If they ever release a diva-only RTG mode I'll be set.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
After finally breaking into Survivor tier in Supercard and spending the weekend grinding to level up some of my cards I really wish there was a way to filter out opponents with those damned RTG Sting cards. Yay, lets play every match against someone with an RTG Sting, Epic Pro Rock and two trash common cards :geno:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Fumaofthelake posted:

Bite the bullet and sandbag Legend tier KotR. If you can manage the win in the semis you will slowly build up your leg pairs and be able to compete. RTG sting has high stats but there are leg pros that can beat him in every stat iirc.

If that sounds like a boring waste of time (it kind of is), you may want to quit playing or take a break.

You also have the option of building a bit from PCC, even if you can only pull the leg base or the "regular" sv, it can help.

Oh, I'm already sandbagging Legendary KOTR with 4 Epic Pro's and a Legendary Pro and am consistently placing high enough to get at least one Legendary reward each time. It's just grinding in exhibition matches to level up a bunch of Epic and Legendary cards I've got so that I can do better in the next RTG event that's endlessly boring because it feels like every opponent has the same few cards.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I was playing Supercard last night and pulled my sixth epic Rock card since I started playing the game :wtc: Time to assemble my all Rock, all the time deck for the next RTG, I guess.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I can't wait to grind up to WM tier six months from now and get a goddamned support card as my free pull.

First Legendary card? Support
First two Survivor cards? Supports
First Legendary fusion card? Freddie loving Blassie

I've got a Legendary fusion running at the moment scheduled to finish on Saturday morning and if it's another Blassie card I'm going to uninstall this app so hard.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

projecthalaxy posted:

Freddie Blassie rules idiot

Yeah but he doesn't have poo poo on my two SV managers and he isn't going to help push my RTG deck into survivor tier so he is dead weight to me.

E - and gently caress people with SV fusion John Cena cards; that card is ridiculously OP. At least they almost always use him as their avatar so I know who to avoid playing against.

cyberia fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 26, 2015

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

The American Dream posted:

Has anyone had put put a code in? It just asked me to put one in on a 9 digit phone pad after a match.

I got one when I'd been grinding through matches for like an hour and figured it was either to stop bots / macros or one of those 'maybe you should put the game down for five minutes' things that some console games have.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

triplexpac posted:

Business-wise it's actually a great idea to put out limited edition timed packs, that way you get people whaling hard trying to get the cards they want before they "go away forever" or whatever. It's a pretty standard move.

But I don't remember seeing a single popup or anything about them, so that's just about the worst implementation you could do.

They tweeted about it :effort:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

AlmightyPants posted:

If anyone's still playing Supercard, they added teams today. I'd start up a LLJK or PSP or whatever you want to call it one if no one else does. Apparently it confers benefits?

I'd like to join your team. Supercard username is cyberiak.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Blasmeister posted:

And I thought we as a group had managed to kick the supercard habit. Clean since the s2 update myself and never looking back

I'm actually enjoying Season 2 more than the original iteration. I normally play the special events each week and maybe one KOTR a week and am progressing through the ranks at a decent rate. I am also horribly addicted to reading the Supercard forum and the never-ending stream of bitching from people who hate the changes that have been made.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
The biggest change to Supercard in Season 2 is that cards now earn extra points for actually being used. So after you've played 10 POW matches you get +3 to your POW stat. This means you've got to actually grind with each card you want to play with both before and after you combine them for a Pro otherwise your cards will be woefully underpowered.

This is good because it gives you a reason to regularly switch your lineup instead of playing with the same 6 cards but can be bad when you're grinding up a bunch of cards at the same time and losing every match 3-0.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

IllegallySober posted:

Came across Supercard and will send a request to the goon group. Any good guides to get going in the early game? The help function isn't really helpful.

Edit: or not, the group is full :(

Play a lot, grind the People's Championship weekend events and make sure you log-in each day in order to get higher tier cards. Do King of the Ring as much as possible to try and get better cards. Always level your cards up fully and apply tokens before combining them.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

AlmightyPants posted:

Name?

Also, LLJK will have 1 or 2 spots open.

You can take me out of the team, too. Finally decided I've had enough of Supercard :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

It's nice of them to include Jerry Stiller's short-lived WWE career in 2k16