Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game's great so far! Looking forward to seeing some CAW's appear online because people are much better at that poo poo than I am. I still have no idea what I'm doing but managed to win a match :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How do you change CPU to myself in exhibition? It's just simming matches

It's hard to see but you have to push left (or right) when you have your fighter selected to go over to CPU and select it. There you can change to P1.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Word of advice to anyone with decent machines: use v-sync.

Game speed seems to be tied to FPS so when it runs at 120fps the game is ridiculously fast. :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo, there's already ~600 CAW's on the workshop and it's been 12 hours :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is it possible to "create" moves and styles that are not in the game? Or are CAW's exclusively made with preexisting moves/clothing options in the game?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, what am I missing with corner grapples? Every time I try to move in to do one in this tutorial the other guy comes out of the corner as soon as I get in range and reverses me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

My highest match rating so far. HBK is cool and good

I set two CPUs on each other last night and got a 100% rating, Finn Balor vs. Brock Lesnar. Was actually a pretty dope match to watch!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

Man, what am I missing with corner grapples? Every time I try to move in to do one in this tutorial the other guy comes out of the corner as soon as I get in range and reverses me.

Turns out that yes, I was missing something. I was expecting the initial corner lockup to look different than the normal lockup animation. :shobon:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, FPW is great. Just won a Barbed Wire Deathmatch with Bayley. I guess she is hardcore enough after all :unsmith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Spikeguy posted:

Last batch. Pretty sure someone dies in this one.

Is this a Woolie ref? :allears:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They seemed more down on it initially on the podcast than I expected but once they got past their disappointment that it's not really like the classic games they know and love (and were told the game plays like) it sounded like they had a lot of fun playing it. As someone who never really played those old AKI games I'm not sure if that'll matter for me all that much. It was just hard to gauge whether they didn't like the game or were just bummed that it doesn't feel like the n64 games really at all.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bonk posted:

I always wanted a "create a match" simulation feature where you could cinematically determine all the moves and camera angles. Has any game ever tried to do that? If not, I feel like that's an untapped market. You could theoretically do it all yourself, but it'd be a much bigger pain in the rear end.

There was a game that they played on newLegacy a long time ago that was exactly this but it looked... rough. I can't remember the name of it though. IIRC jawnny made a match that was just each person suplexing the other over and over again.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

flashy_mcflash posted:

The game is out next week though

Holy gently caress june 29th is next week.

So I guess there really won't be a preorder on PC? Not that it matters, it doesn't look like there's any exclusive content tied to preorders but there's a day early access thing for console versions with the higher priced editions.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

KungFu Grip posted:

Isn't preorder bonus two matt hardys

Looks to me like it's a pack-in with the "Elite Edition" or will be a separate purchase

quote:

The AEW: Fight Forever Elite Edition includes access to even more AEW wrestlers and over-the-top minigames including:

- The AEW: Fight Forever Matt Hardy Pack which features two of the many Matt Hardys: Matt Hardy and Broken Matt Hardy.
- The AEW: Fight Forever FTR: Revival Pack which features AEW wrestlers Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler PLUS minigames JoinUs and Deth Race-X
- The AEW: Fight Forever Limitless Bunny Bundle which features AEW wrestlers The Bunny and Keith Lee PLUS minigames MJF Car Thrash and Sloth Sling
- The AEW: Fight Forever Hookhausen Very Handsome, Very Evil Pack which features AEW wrestlers HOOK and Danhausen

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Suplex Liberace posted:

Bumping only Jane in all my matches.

:hai:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1672218161981321223

drat this looks loving cool as hell

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game's most likely going to be $60 on steam right? Do we know if it'll work with remote play together?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCAW9Qmayc

Here's a ladder match between jawnny and evil uno with no cuts or funny business.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

oh my??

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Basic Chunnel posted:

Is it confirmed that the mode is actually in the game? Dormant / unfinished code is left in shipped games all the time, it’s usually how we find out what got cut during development

The person who tweeted it said there's a decent amount of the install size taken up by assets for this mode apparently. Could still be something they forgot to get rid of I suppose or this person could also be full of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/LynchReborn/status/1673421684349497352?s=20

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Apparently it's a steam restriction, something like it being their first game on Steam means they can't do pre-orders? Or something? It is a bummer but at least it sounds like nL should be doing a stream tomorrow when it does go live for consoles.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really hope the steam version has remote play together. The latency would probably suck but I'm not expecting any of my friends to shell out $60 for this so it'd be nice to have a way to try multiplayer without them needing to buy it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Regrettable posted:

https://twitter.com/newLEGACYinc/status/1673752666449616896

Gonna be watching this tonight since I don't own a console.

Stupid work, going to have to watch the VOD of this tomorrow!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm going to regret it tomorrow morning but I have to stay up to watch at least a little bit of the nL stream tonight.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

From the footage I've seen so far I think the biggest bummer is going to be the the roster just clearly being a snapshot of 2 years ago AEW and not really reflecting on current day AEW. It's easy to imagine a version of this where Don Callis is in the place of Regal and the game has a more current roster that feels like AEW today. Some of the models are also not great, but it also looks like some of the images in the character selection and models in the main menu look completely different from the models during a match. Like Nick Jackson's portrait in the character select is really bad but the model in match looks a whole lot better.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pretty fun seeing all the wrestlers who did make the cut excitedly sharing clips/images of people playing as them in a video game. :3:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol he does look especially rubenesque in that second screenshot though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

History Comes Inside! posted:

Some of the character select models are hosed, and then their in-game models are fine. It’s weird as gently caress.

It really is weird. Punk's making a weird grandpa face in his but his model is fine. Nick Jackson definitely got a raw deal with that though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really bummed to see this game doesn't have remote play together on steam, there used to be an app called "remote play whatever" that would let any game do it regardless of whether it was supported but that doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Golden Bee posted:

Time to get parsec I guess!

I didn't realize there was a free account level for Parsec that could still host, there must be some restriction that makes it suck unless you pay, right? Seems like the paid plans just add a higher quality image maybe?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

HonorableTB posted:

Is RTE the same for every character? I know there's branching paths but let's say I take like, Orange Cassidy and two other licensed wrestlers through RTE, how much of that is going to be repetition across playthroughs I wonder? stuck at work or i'd find out myself :(

I did see that Abadon has funny text prompts instead of actual lines which is great but I can't imagine they change the lines for anyone else.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Road to Elite mode kinda sucks but the Yakuza style vignettes where you go look at a jpeg of the Lincoln memorial with PAC are so bad they wrap around to being hilarious.

I like that they committed to supporting this game but this really feels like they're owed a second attempt with a newer roster and more fleshed out everything because I don't know how long I can stay interested in this if all they're doing is slowly adding new wrestlers over time. I will say though the FTR models look really good so hopefully that means they got better at making them over time and the newer ones coming out as dlc will look better than some of the current roster.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

explosivo posted:

I didn't realize there was a free account level for Parsec that could still host, there must be some restriction that makes it suck unless you pay, right? Seems like the paid plans just add a higher quality image maybe?

Update on this, turns out the free version of parsec works way better than steam remote play together and we were able to get a few rounds in tonight. I always assumed you had to pay to get this functionality from parsec but it worked real well.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ConsolidatedLard posted:

Roster is just, like, shockingly lacking. No Acclaimed? Nobody from House of Black, other than Malakai? Top Flight, Gunns, Private Party, 2.0, Santana and Ortiz? Hayter? Serena Deeb? Leyla Hirsch? Penelope Ford? Literally everyone currently in the Dark Order outside of John Silver? Sure, they say they'll add to it with future updates but I mean, who knows how long it'll take for anyone who hasn't already been announced to get added. I mean, they made sure to keep in a guy who isn't even with the company anymore and a few people who haven't wrestled a single match on TV in over a year, so leaving out a ton of people who have been with AEW since close enough to the beginning feels especially egregious.

I have the Elite edition, but why do I still have to manually make FTR a tag team? Why is there no voice announcer option for the Hardyz? Why is The Bunny planned for a future DLC, but not the Butcher and the Blade? Why is Keith Lee planned for future DLC, but no word on Swerve, who joined the company first?

Some of this stuff is why I'm a bit less keen on the idea that they're going to be supporting this game with DLC and not just starting development on a second, better game. A lot of the particularly bad stuff here is likely not going to be fixed, like I highly doubt they're going to patch in a better CAW mode or new match types, and the DLC roadmap is like a shotgun blast of random wrestlers that didn't make the cut plus some minigames I will never play. All wrestling games have this problem to an extent because you can't keep adding new characters during development, but the game just does not feel like AEW at times because of the constant reminders of how outdated the roster is and it's not something that I can see them fixing with a couple new wrestlers every few months as new DLC. The game feels a bit like an early access title but it costs $60+ now and I have to assume it's basically feature complete at this point. I'm happy to support them by buying it because I want them to get the opportunity to make a second attempt at a new game and not spend a couple years putting out dlc packs for this and charging us out the rear end to make the roster feel more like current AEW.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I'm not suggesting they make a new game next year for the record. Supporting this game for those of us who bought it is the right move I just think a lot of the issues here are things that can't/won't be fixed with post launch support. If they started doing massive roster expansion packs or something that'd be neat.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I love Fortnite-rear end Eddie Kingston in the character select screen

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1674800961305313281

Lol Maffew found out from F4E that he was served lovely poutine in Toronto

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How do you actually steal finishers? I see the button is the right stick but I don't know if it has to be used like a counter only when they have special or what the deal is.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cult of Pies posted:

feels very modeled on yakuza 0, and i love it for it's insanity

Yeah if they had the dopey "funny things are happening" music from yakuza in the background during those food segments it would not be out of place at all.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Question for anyone who's played Road To more than I have. Do you ever go to Pittsburgh and is the food of choice there a sandwich with french fries on it?

No it looks like it's this disgusting warm salad thing that they chose to highlight for yinz

The image of a Philly Cheesesteak they chose to use looked nothing like a philly cheesesteak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

EdsTeioh posted:

R3/click the right stick. I *think* this only works with grapple finishers though; like you can't steal the Buckshot Lariat but you can steal the Deadeye.
Thanks!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Being able to hit your signature/finisher without having to grapple first really throws me off. You get the prompt to press the button for them when you get close to the person, but my muscle memory wants to grapple first.
This fucks me up too. I assumed it was just the specific finisher I had with the wrestler I had that allowed me to do that.