Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think there’s also an auto focus mode you can turn on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

r1, and l1 rolls you back.

Oh gently caress, I’d been wondering about that. I knew about the rising strikes, which I love, but didn’t know about the crouch. Time to hit some dudes in the balls!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Every character creator needs maximum sliders. Let ME decide if my character’s pupils are the same size, tyvm

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

harperdc posted:

I just remembered yesterday that I have the Switch version, and also the dumb genuine N64 wireless controller that Nintendo made for the Switch.

time to embrace tradition I think :thunk:

Well now I want an N64 PS5 controller

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Senerio posted:

AEW game giving us the dream matches

What do you have to do to unlock the gold gear?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This looks like it could be so much loving fun

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Malakai sprayed me with the mist in a battle royale once and I’m pretty sure it reversed all of my controls

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just lost to loving Jungle Boy because I tried going out of the ring twice to avoid his special, but it wouldn’t let me get off of the apron at all.

Then Jericho and MJF approached me backstage to join the Inner Circle, to which I declined. Then they told me it wasn’t a question and now I’m MJF’s trainee.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

he actually did the snare trap? when i played him he just tripped me and stood around twice when he got special

Yeah, tapped my rear end right out. Would have probably finished the match in a couple minutes but the jerk avoided my finisher and I lost it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Trying RTE again with a female CAW and the four-way at All Out is just as awful as the others. Why is it so impossible for any wrestling game to get multi-man matches to be fun at all?

There’s never been good wrestling AI (except maybe Fire Pro?) but I think I’d hate it even more if the 4-ways worked like real wrestling where I hit my finish and someone throws me out of the ring to steal the pin.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is a good move, or if it was always like this it’d a good way to handle this. Matching rage quitting dorks up with only other rage quitting dorks is a hilarious way to deal with rage quitting.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like the game, but I also haven't played it in a couple of weeks. I honestly don't know if I'll ever feel the pull to play a wrestling game day after day the way something like God of War or even Stardew Valley sunk their teeth into me. It'll be fun to play hanging with friends, but even if the story mode was super long I don't ever foresee a wrestling game storyline being captivating or interesting enough to keep me locked in for a very long time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’ll definitely pick it up again when Stadium Stampede comes out, that seems fun and dumb as hell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

Eh, if the sequel comes out and it’s “the wrestling is the same but they actually put more game in” then it’s a no-brainer easy purchase.

Agreed. The wrestling part is really fun and silly for me, but the story mode is just kind of nothing. The little parts of going to each city and stuff is cute but that's not going to keep me invested. I think they might need to flesh out some other modes, like a GM-esque mode or something where you're booking shows or something to capture another style of gamer too.

I dunno. I said it before, but most wrestling games will not keep me coming back for the story mode alone. It's just never going to be that captivating. I don't know what WOULD keep me coming back to a wrestling game the way I come back to God of War, though. Stadium Stampede felt like it could do this, but if that mode stinks then that's a huge bummer. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe I'll spin it up tonight or tomorrow to see for myself.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

super macho dude posted:

On the bright side, Ultra Pro Wrestling looks to be shaping up nicely.

Hadn’t heard of this before but it seems like it could be fun if they stick the gameplay

https://youtu.be/sX0knzn73qc?si=ls51sWpAF2fOiONC

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

Lost Judgment is an exceptional child beating simulator

Rey Mysterio, Jr's favorite video game

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1704843644631482412

Guess it's not quite dead yet. It's all bugfixes though, no new features/content.

An all-time great patch note:

quote:

Fixed wrong arm animation when Paul Wight grapples Paul Wight.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

Yeah it's all well and good that they're not completely abandoning this I guess, but they really should be imo. The game's dead and buried. Roster updates and bug fixes aren't going to bring people back and certainly won't sell people on it who didn't have it before. If they want to keep putting money into the franchise they should just focus on making a new game.

Bigger games than Fight Forever have pushed out full stories and poo poo as DLC, so I'm at least optimistic about the *possibility* of them doing a similar thing to make the game more interesting to play long-term. Not sure that they'll go that far, but the game play was fun enough that I'd come back to it if I were invested in playing it more.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean, I already own the game so if they're going to add cool new stuff for it I'll play the game I've already paid for. It's simply mathematics.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

You pay per season, so you’d have to pay again.

Oh, I don't play any games that have seasons. But I still stand by that if they give me a reason to play the game, I will play the game because the gameplay is still fun even if there isn't a lot to do in the game.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonna wait on this. I bought the season pass with the original game release but I guess that season is up and now I’d have to buy a new season pass.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I might just buy Cyberpunk this week, it's also only like $25 on PS5 or something. I fear every game I play is going to pale in comparison to Baldur's Gate now. Maybe if AEW comes back with a ton of other cool stuff I'll give this season pass a go in like 6 months, but "Beat The Elite" mode isn't enough to get my dollars.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I’m visiting my brother and his son loves WWE so he’s been showing me how good he is at 2K23. It honestly looks way better than I expected. Some fun animations for getting up using the ropes and some counters and other stuff. Character models all look pretty good too. Maybe I’ll pick it up next time it’s on crazy sale or something.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

On The Internet posted:

What's Gerstmann been up to nowadays? Been a hot minute since I heard anything. Just streaming on Twitch?

After Giant Bomb he started a patreon. He has roughly 4,000 subscribers with the lowest level being $5/month so it seems like he’s doing pretty alright.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is one of my favorite things he’s done. Really enjoy seeing some weird rear end Nintendo games I never knew existed.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If you compare it to a photo of her in that getup, you can see the inspiration but they made her forehead HUGE, her skin color is off, and the hair is bad.

It also just doesn’t really look like her, but “close enough” which there shouldn’t be an excuse for at this point.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1751430609329684731

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

kdrudy posted:

What if instead they just slowly amble into the ring after you start the pin and walk at normal speed towards the opponent regardless of where your pin is, that's probably fine, right?

I’d also like if they come into the ring in this instance for them to get trapped behind my character doing the pin and instead of walking around to cut off the opponent, they just stand there like a doofus while the other guy easily breaks up the pin.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

DLC is called "Swerve to the Beach DLC" it's probably a new arena on a beach if I had to guess.

Why release a beach arena along with Swerve? :shrug:

He swerves when he dives

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It’s not a bad price for once but I just can’t see myself getting back into the game unless they start offering more gameplay options.

Yeah, same. More characters means nothing if the game is still so thin. The day-to-night beach arena does look cool, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Britt's looks like Cole forced her to sit with him on the couch to play and she mashed her way through character creation as quickly as possible.

Britt’s kind of reminds me of Kylie Rae. Cole’s looks exactly like the dorky character I’d expect him to make.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I remember looking into how to make custom N64 cartridges last year and got really into the idea of putting a translated VPW2 on it. Haven’t gotten around to that yet.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

but also the best wrestling games are the Giant Gram games

Those games always looked so loving cool to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The gameplay part is the good part of the game. The game being void of any reason to come back to it or play it regularly is the part that kills it.