Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Meanwhile, CHIKARA is goosing ratings by consistently running backstage angles featuring Scott Hall and Vince Russo :bahgawd: that is ultimately the fun of simulation games like this - it's sort of like dwarf fortress, you run it and just see what the game engine decides to put together and sometimes the results are dumbfounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It's March 2015 and Stardust is a main eventer. The commentary team for PPVs is Joey Styles, Byron Saxton, and somehow Bad News Barrett who is also a main eventer. Truly the best of all possible worlds.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Who won the rumble?

Face Alberto Del Rio.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 14, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Require More Fire posted:

Just pulled a Rare HHH. His charisma is at 103. :lol:

I wonder if they still have the rule that you can't show HHH in a prone position in game reviews.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Good news guys, Zack Ryder may not be in 2k15 but Bill DeMott is!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

:rip: Summer Rae

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

lol when you win the Heavyweight title in MyCareer the game ends and simulates to your retirement match at the end of the "15 year career mode"

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I missed that post.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Careful if you're being cheeky, 2K Games is banning people who upload Benoit CAWs to WWE '15.

And I don't know how to accept that.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Mayostard posted:

I like how they couldn't come up with anything for Big Show other than Lumberjack

Instead of running over the opponent like John Cena's army car, it summons a dump truck and buries the opponent under pancakes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Well they could bring him in for scanning but uh he weighs 400 pounds these days.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dishwasher posted:

Yep: I suggest as many as possible wait til that Black Friday sale to see what the deal truly is. Don't get this poo poo on day one. You might just become part of the problem.

The Scoop Man says they didn't send out review copies which basically guarantees this game is a turd and 2K knows it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I am helpless in grappling defense in UFC 2 oh god. Fun game though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I bought a superior wrestling game for my Atari ST off eBay anyway.

The entire game consists of digitized stills from a Hogan/Savage match. On each turn you pick a move, your opponent picks a move, and through some strategical thing I don't understand (it was just disks, no manual) it plays an animation of that move from one of their matches! It features pre-match promos with Mean Gene, introductions with Howard Finkel, and Vince on commentary! (All text, no speech.) it's... top of the line for 1987? Unrealistic though, Hoganplex was from '88.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's a Grey Dog game that's exactly this and it's completely incomprehensible

Yeah, and I remember playing some wrestling game like this on a shareware CD in the 90s. I guess the concept's gotten around.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Did you get get the second disk where there's the same concept but with an Million Dollar Man/Hogan match?

The PC version had a couple of expansion packs as well, but they are like gold dust these days. One has Gorilla and Heenan commentating on it, and every other line of commentary involves Heenan making a bad pun and Gorilla telling him to behave.

Close, the one I bought came with a Hogan/Orndorff expansion disk.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

EDIT: Turns out Data East was making a joke at the expense of the Pinball 2000 system, the last pinball hardware/software system released by Williams Games, similar to the "Rest in Peace William Gaines" aka Williams, the Midway pinball company.

Nah, that was directed at the founder of Mad Magazine, William Gaines, who died in '92.

thatguyclint posted:

The top and the table are anachronistic, which is interesting; the display is clearly 1992 WWF, with Hogan, Flair, Piper, and Sid, but also post-turn Michaels.

The table, on the other hand, from what I can see, features Lex Luger, Tatanka, and the Smoking Gunns, putting it...mid-late 1993?

The game was released in early '94. Fun fact: The sides of the backbox feature a hideous flexing Hulk Hogan drawing. The steroid trial junk started up during production of the game and Vince made them redraw the Hogan to be not quite so huge as it originally was.

If I remember right the Deathball 2000 story was that Date East brought an empty cabinet full of shaker motors to a sales expo one year, stuck that DEATHBALL 2000 translite in the backglass, and covered the rest of the cabinet with a blanket. When someone would walk by they'd turn on the shaker motors and the whole floor would shake.

https://clips.twitch.tv/denkops/ShinyJackalSriHead]Here's Xavier on a charity stream vs. a KKK CAW.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 16, 2016

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bought WWE 17. There's a baby oil slider in the CAW editor, five stars. The promo text is the most overwrought WWE-speak ever and someone clearly had fun with it. Also I tried grappling in the tutorial match and my guy got stuck in a loop and spun around in circles until I Alt+F4ed the game. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Fire Pro Arena is down after the owner lost internet access for "legal reasons"

Those reasons being that the owner was the CP king of Warwick, Rhode Island

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1018690891991613443