Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

I would eat that crispy pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Saturday night beef stew

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Stew update :shlick:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

i am he posted:

I love stew.

And how!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Money shot! :fap:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

Good stuff. I love beef stew but I can't make it anymore because my wife got some sort of bug that made her throw up everywhere the same night I made a nice beef stew. So now the thought of beef stew makes her faintly queasy.

Beef PTSD

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
These guys finally ripened, all pics from today were poo poo so this is them a month or two ago

Harvested a bunch and making Concord grape jelly tomorrow, do it early enough and include some green grapes and no need to add pectin.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Garlic, chili powder, salt and butter and

Pizzatime posted:

sour cream

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

bartlebee posted:

I don't even post in this forum but this thread got me baking bread so kudos to you. I'll post pictures once I finally figure out how to. God bles

i think you'll find that there are lots of bees and bee related posters here

its like a doctor, artist and bee colony

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

om nom nom posted:

There actually will be, they sent the wrong one-each bay is supposed to have a faucet with one sprayer in the middle, and they just sent the single faucet unit.

We've got it rigged with old faucets at the moment so it's usable, since they have already torn out the old sink

do you live in a large house or jus a normal house with a large kitchen?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

MrWillsauce posted:

luvcow, im pretty sure that's a restaurant kitchen

that's what was thinking but if that's a house then holy moly I'm envious

I like the idea so much I'm going to install a wall urinal in my home's bathroom, maybe a line of three or four if i can fit them

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

Def his restaurants kitchen, he mentioned they were refitting it last page ! :)

i stand corrected due to my general laziness and lackadaisical approach in this thread and for that i apologize

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
"honey? are you getting high in the walk in again?"

*she finds me inside the fridge, fumbling to hide my one hitter as i cower beneath the shelves*

"its ok, this is our home... you don't have to hide it here"

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
add carrots

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Celluloid Sam posted:

I really wanted to and my carrots had gone bad when I went to take them out of the fridge I'm pretty sad about it but I'm making the best of what I've got.

my heart goes out to you :smith:

that still sounds like its going to be a really good meal

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
what if you often use your knife like a credit card (i.e. to get cash and procure needed items) will the magnet strip hurt the knife like it would an actual credit card?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe Sid likes raw chicken and it's ill effects...

:colbert:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i am a huge shepherds pie fan but its spring so I've switched to chicken

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

King of Bees posted:

OK.ok.ok. .. Shepard pie is lamb. Cottage pie is beef. A chicken is pot
Is right??

probably, i make my shepherds pie with either ground beef and pork or chopped up beef and shitloads of vegetables so i'm a heathen

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i always thought a pot pie had a crust on top and a shepherds pie had mashed potatoes on top and both had meat, veg and gravy/sauce inside

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
if parm on noodles is bad then i'm an outlaw

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

King of Bees posted:

OK. So I cooked 1.5 lbs pork belly with salt and pepper at 300 for a few hours in a glass dish covered with foil. Cooled until this evening

Grind this up coarse in food processor. Sorry about bad pics

Picked some sage, flat parsley and oregano along with half an apple and quarter vidalia onion. Sweated in pork fat

Mixed together with meat and a quick fry then in a mold pan

Now in the fridge to cool (wrapped) and meld.

Give it a day or two. Cut slices off to spread on crackers or toast. A little goes a long way. Enjoy!

i would eat that, maybe mix it into mac and cheese

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

they go in sandwiches

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

I apologize for my lame breab but it's all i had atm, will improve the meal after i swing by the goatfather's :)

Also I call this a summer breakfast bc spring+summer is the only time i have greens to pick, i guess you could do it with store bought greens but to me the meal is pretty seasonal

i thought you were vegan?

:ohdear:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FutonForensic posted:

the first loaf

am i the only one that sees a really dark yet satisfied face in this?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
treasure bear is my freind and he will post food here soon...

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

\

i call bullshit

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

thank you. I was starting to worry it was grossing people out and the general population had turned away from bbq while I was working on getting better at it...

i love bbq and it looked delicious, a classic roadside mom and pop bbq shack is often fresher and better tasting food than you'll find in some fancy restaurants

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

joke_explainer posted:

Let's talk about alliums...

this is some amazing onion knowledge ty

today it is too windy to get out on the water but the wild concord grapes are finally ripe and perfect and so it is jelly making day

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
making more concord grape jelly today

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Robot Made of Meat posted:

How can you have any grapes to jell when they're so d*rned tasty to eat?

They are wild and have seeds and there are tons of grapes, more than i could ever use. Made two batches this year and there were still lots on the vines.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I've been cooking a lot of big dinners and plating them but i keep forgetting to take pictures.

The nicest this week was grilled skin-on trout with: grilled lemon, sautéed veg, and some pear and soft cheese

Am i remembering wrong or are you a chef/line cook or something?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Most i ever did was prep work, short order cook and pizzas/calzones, i am jealous of people who get to play with so much food for a job. Whenever my friends who are chefs talk about food i shut up and just make millions of mental notes and try my best to understand what they're talking about.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

those are some nice looking breads

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
That's quite obviously a golden hamster

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
currently cooking pork shoulder

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
weighing in on the fried egg debate: i only use butter

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

oh really? you dont say? i didnt think about butter :rolleyes:

ya i know, eggs taste funny to me if done in oil

the only thing i'll use besides butter is bacon fat

edit: my pork shoulder smells awesome right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

good, I'll be there by 7, pls get the beer chillin in the fridge if it isn't there already

i'm one step ahead of you, remember to bring a treat (snausages) for the hound or you won't get past the front door.