Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

poverty goat posted:

also when is the byob fine dining thread goose hunting trip

right after the sheep and wool festival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

drat fine looking torture/spice rack

Areola Grande

hand crafted spice rack by opioid agonist Sr. (bulbasaur's dad if you can imagine that).

Made from reclaimed 1920s beadboard scavenged honestly. It used to be tractor part store shelf wood according to him. Going to try and prevent a pm flame war rn by getting out front here and letting all u tractorheadz know it was a Massey Ferguson store, not International Harvester ffs

poor ppl spices are nearly reaching capacity at this point. namaste

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

alnilam posted:

I assumed the drill was in the shot to give that "oh this? i just installed this seconds ago, nbd" look

:blush: busted

Areola Grande

:swoon:

Areola Grande

a thing of jerk sauce

can u be more pacific pls

Areola Grande

Nah, just wanted to confirm your recipe with a thing brand name as I happen to be jerk-curious

Areola Grande

Bacon Taco posted:

I just read the Serious Eats article and holy poo poo you've made pulled pork and chicharrones at the same time!

:worship:

Areola Grande

I'm never getting that jerk sauce brand apparently :crossarms:

Areola Grande

Manifisto posted:

better run to the jerk store, they're running . . . out . . . . . . of . . . . . . . . . . that guy in front of you in line at the bank who wanted to deposit a bunch of pennies, which is of course fine in and of itself but he didn't wrap them and even though the teller gave him a bunch of free wrappers he refused to take the pennies somewhere else to count them and so is holding up the entire line making stacks of coins and talking nonstop about how the communists are starting to infiltrate the john birch society

I work in a credit union... triggered :psyduck:

Areola Grande

haha

Areola Grande

:swoon: healthy thai steak-ums yes pls

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

i made fried chicken

was there Bleu to compliment the Frank's

Areola Grande

I'm telling u for the last TIME baby sheep cuisine is NOT BYOB

Areola Grande

if anyone has a better one for Cajun ribs hit me back itt

this recipe owns btw

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

I fail to see the recipe for barbecue sauce it uses. Are you just using store bought? Do you think I am a clown? I make you laugh? I'm here to amuse you?

that's my problem. store bought bbq sauce sucks the big one. pls give me your Bo pepper solution I beseech u

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

That sounds unusual and amazing.

For me I just retreat to serious eats for something like this but I want to try your sauce so much.

that looks good, but will it work well with Cajun seasoning and honey

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

You mean the serious eats one yes? The one from pile of brown seems very assertive and would be the focus of any recipe that includes it. That's not a bad thing necessarily but just something to keep in mind.

Yeah I meant yours

Areola Grande

pile of brown posted:

Mine is
2c sugar
4c dried cherries
3 cans coca cola
2 c apple cider vinegar
1c Worcestershire
1 c sambal oelek
2c prepared ketchup

Hydrate the cherries in the coke
Cook the sugar until golden brown
Add everything else to the sugar, it will bubble up a lot make sure you have a tall enough pot
Cook on medium for 10-15 mins or until sugar is dissolved
Blend smooth in a blender

The ribs I rub with salt pepper and paprika and sear, then submerge in a mixture of 90% pork stock and 10% coca cola and braise in oven at 400 for 2 hours.

Cool and slice into individual ribs, heat back up on a grill or in deep fryer and dunk in sauce.

when my aunt told me the "classic" recipe for lil smokies involved grape jelly I had a v similar reaction to the one I had during your recently mentioned
*ahem* THREE Cans of cola wtf man

Areola Grande

Understood. thx gents

Areola Grande

ok good call

Areola Grande

:siren:nsfw:siren:

hosed up thread all of a sudden read at ur own risk u've been warned

Areola Grande

babeh eating is not v byob

Areola Grande

as a slow cooker aficionado i have been hesitant to jump on the instant pot bandwagon but i just bought a six quart one on sale and it will be here on thursday

sure there are plenty of pinterest recipes i could try but since the yob has its own cookign thread i wanted to check here first

pls post any instant pot recipes or small wisdoms u care to share with me, an instant pot noob. instant pot horror stories also will be appreciated. i prefer to learn from others' mistakes

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

Bo-Pepper posted:

I don't have anything specific to say about it other than I don't use it as much as I hoped I would. I made red beans in it once and, while I appreciated the speed of it, I still very much prefer the slow cooked version I make periodically. It makes fantastic rice, which is great since I don't have a proper rice cooker. I intend to make stock with it soon to see how it compares to the typical style, but I just kind of like having a bubbling pot on my stove top for a whole day so I will be a hard sell on that feature. I may not be the audience for it seeing as I really like dickering with all day braises, which is a practice this device works against. Your mileage may vary.

i too enjoy the all-day bubbly pot experience, especially when your whole house starts to smell savory about an hour before the crock is done cooking. making the switch to an instant pot feels v strange

however i want to reclaim my sundays instead of just cooking all day so that's why i bought the instant pot

i found an instant pot recipe for egg nog cheesecake lmao EW

Areola Grande

FutonForensic posted:

i hate looking up instant pot recipes, because they're nearly all exclusively keto or mommy blogs, and they have the biggest preambles for a process that usually comes down to "put ingredients in pot, close lid"

if you're a busy mother of nine like me you would absolutely KILL for a recipe this easy. also my renaissance man husband always gives me a lil smooch when i make this one b/c it's his fave. he was raised by a single mom in a 55 gallon barrel in the woods outside shreveport and attended school in a one room schoolhouse run by mice. that's right, this recipe was inspired by a diet resulting from extreme poverty and fatherlessness!!! all you need is an instant pot, a minivan with no doors and ten mouths to feed.

instructions: dump ingredients in the pot and press the Cook button

Areola Grande

poverty goat posted:

seriously guys just install this and never scroll past a blog full of ads to play find the recipe ever again

Anyway, I'd start here, as serious eats are cool and good and have been hard at work converting their back catalog for pressure cooker as appropriate: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/topics/method/pressure-cooker

Highlights:
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/05/colombian-chicken-stew-with-potatoes-tomato-onion-recipe.html
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/10/pressure-cooker-beef-stew-recipe.html
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/11/pressure-cooker-ragu-bolognese-sauce-italian-recipe.html.
https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/03/easy-pressure-cooker-pork-chile-verde-recipe.html

those are all fantastic with varying degrees of effort and if you've ever made something like that on a stovetop I think it should be pretty apparent at the end that the IP is good and will save you time. The one caveat is it doesn't get hot enough on saute, so if you really want to brown your meat and sautee your vegetables and all that, save some time and do it on the stovetop

Other cool instant pot activities:
  • it makes yogurt. fresh yogurt isn't life-changing or anything but it is a little sweeter and creamier than storebought and you can dial that in with more/less time if you like. be sure to remove the silicone ring or your yogurt will taste and smell ever so slightly like the last thing you cooked in it
  • it makes stock, but no matter what the recipe says you should still do it at least a couple of hours with a natural pressure release for best results
  • cook a bunch of dry beans/chickpeas, freeze, use instead of canned
  • steel cut oats, creamy stone ground grits/polenta, rice pudding, etc. done fast with no stirring, boiling over, evaporating, breaking, etc
  • make collards in the instant pot in less time and then BREAK THE SEAL OUTSIDE. your house doesn't smell like collards now and you won thanksgiving

:holy: this is what I'm looking for. thanks a million P. G.

Areola Grande

beats boiling it

Areola Grande

holy poo poo, pure raw power like that.. omg

Areola Grande

Rice and beans owns but I'm looking for something you can't make in a crock pot. I'm done with those

let's get weird with like snack mix or bread n sech

Areola Grande

my new instant pot™ is currently on her maiden voyage. making peanut chicken lo mein with sugar snap peas and matchstick carrots. 90 minutes to go. wish me luck the yob

Areola Grande

It turned out good but somewhat bland so I added some Soy Vay teriyaki sauce and sliced scallions and it became instantly delightful thanks for being in my corner u denizens of the cooking thread

Areola Grande

shiitakes you say?

Areola Grande

I don't think I've ever had chickies. Will try some in the instant pot. Is it like a rice substitute or what

My instant pot handbook said something about chickies asploding when pressure cooked :confused:

Areola Grande

what's the difference between natural release and quick release? I am confuse

Areola Grande

oh hummus yeah for sure it's good

falafel not so much. I've never encountered it

Areola Grande

sounds dope

Areola Grande