Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Blind Sally posted:

"No, really, I swear: Final Fantasy XIII is a good game."

"You just have to get past the linear part (20-30 hrs) and it gets really good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dongslayer. posted:

"You just have to get past the linear part (20-30 hrs) and it gets really good."

Ha, people have said that to me for real

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

No Such Thing posted:

Helldump lives but you have to post hardcore enough to be invited into this secret post-fight club

It does live. Off these forums. There is a helldump for SA, just not sanctioned by lowtax.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

moonshine is...... posted:

It does live. Off these forums. There is a helldump for SA, just not sanctioned by lowtax.

If you are talking about SS, it is actually very sad there.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Dark Souls 2 will have a dynamic lighting system that will require strategic use of your torch to get through the game.

There will be heists in GTA Online

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

LaTex Fetish posted:

yeah, we all have that friend who will lie about some stupid poo poo just to make himself look cool. except this friend doesn't talk about how his cool juggling skills let him jiggle the titties on a two dollar whore for free. nah, we're talking about that one friend who tells you how 'yeah man, you can convince sephiroth to join your team if you use the exact right sequences of moves in the battle' and stupid gay poo poo like that.

they will fervently deny any accusations of lying.

I had an obnoxious friend of a friend who

1) had space ace for amiga but he couldn't show me because his father brought it to his work or something. Space ace wasn't coming out for other six months by the way, but at the time with warez people finding the weirdest poo poo around the idea he could have it was plausible enough.
2) some years later I saw him again and his father had a 586 at work when 486s were the hot new thing

I hated that guy and learned to avoid him rather quickly, but not that quick, because I suspect he borrowed my Alien Syndrome floppy without telling me. And maybe Double Dragon too.

Then there was this guy at school who said that amigas, in retrospect, were awful machines (commodore just died) because some years earlier his amiga 500 won't run anything and then he exchanged it for a 286 and it worked. I asked him "well, did you put a floppy in your amiga?" "Why should I have put a floppy in the amiga?" "Because the big hand with a floppy was the prompt to put the workbench or a game" "are you loving kidding me? Well, amigas were poo poo and I am happy Commodore died."

The worst lie however was that group of people who swore that playing ultima online on a "free roleplay only community driven server" was the funniest activity to do in gaming that ever was or will be.

Then there are the people saying that wind waker is the best zelda ever (it isn't, it's way below ocarina/albtw/alttp/link's awakening), but I understand and respect the opinion since it could be the only beatable zelda for them (and they will hate the wiiu chapter) :black101:

Soral
May 30, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Then there are the people saying that wind waker is the best zelda ever (it isn't, it's way below ocarina

this is the biggest gamer lie in the thread so far. ocarina? more like ovarated

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Soral posted:

this is the biggest gamer lie in the thread so far. ocarina? more like ovarated

Are you implying that Myamoto was wrong?

Soral
May 30, 2009

when has miyamoto ever been right about anything except for pikmin 2

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Soral posted:

when has miyamoto ever been right about anything except for pikmin 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rr5lCfpAhk

Soral
May 30, 2009

shiiiit turns out im the fool in this situation

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in second grade a kid told me you got to the secret world in SM64 by pressing B at the title. just B.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you smell my nards for 5 minutes and let me fart I will let you be Yoshi.

My best friend, 2000

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

If you smell my nards for 5 minutes and let me fart I will let you be Yoshi.

My best friend, 2000

Was... was he going to fart on his own balls?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Ghost cars in San Andreas

Dementedghost
Jan 7, 2010

Running 1.86 miles without dying is literally impossible
I convinced someone that all of Canada was a frozen tundra online on Diablo

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Dementedghost posted:

I convinced someone that all of Canada was a frozen tundra online on Diablo

What? Even the cia worldbook states that thanks to the lame rear end ISPs Canada's online is a frozen tundra.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Watch underscore dogs will look like this and let you do these things

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
See that mountain? You can climb it.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

add basically everything molyneux has ever said to this thread

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

limaCAT posted:

I had an obnoxious friend of a friend who

1) had space ace for amiga but he couldn't show me because his father brought it to his work or something. Space ace wasn't coming out for other six months by the way, but at the time with warez people finding the weirdest poo poo around the idea he could have it was plausible enough.
2) some years later I saw him again and his father had a 586 at work when 486s were the hot new thing

I hated that guy and learned to avoid him rather quickly, but not that quick, because I suspect he borrowed my Alien Syndrome floppy without telling me. And maybe Double Dragon too.

Then there was this guy at school who said that amigas, in retrospect, were awful machines (commodore just died) because some years earlier his amiga 500 won't run anything and then he exchanged it for a 286 and it worked. I asked him "well, did you put a floppy in your amiga?" "Why should I have put a floppy in the amiga?" "Because the big hand with a floppy was the prompt to put the workbench or a game" "are you loving kidding me? Well, amigas were poo poo and I am happy Commodore died."

The worst lie however was that group of people who swore that playing ultima online on a "free roleplay only community driven server" was the funniest activity to do in gaming that ever was or will be.

Then there are the people saying that wind waker is the best zelda ever (it isn't, it's way below ocarina/albtw/alttp/link's awakening), but I understand and respect the opinion since it could be the only beatable zelda for them (and they will hate the wiiu chapter) :black101:

just knew this guy had to be an og, then i saw the gangtag.

respect, limacat. good post

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

memy posted:

See that mountain? You can climb it.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Animal crossing is fun

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

LaTex Fetish posted:

add basically everything molyneux has ever said to this thread

:hf:

I suspect the real molyneux was abducted during mid nineties, and the moulyneux we know is his evil twin or something, mocking us gamers. Seriously, black and white, fable and that stupid puzzle game where in the end you "discovered" moulineux himself can't explain syndicate, populous or powermonger.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
black and white is p good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Fellis posted:

Animal crossing is fun

it is, until you have a million weeds everywhere and/or you forget to save before turning off and have to talk to mr. resetti

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Silver Alicorn posted:

it is, until you have a million weeds everywhere and/or you forget to save before turning off and have to talk to mr. resetti

please stop repeating lies that have hurt me personally

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

[game] is fun if you do [endlessly convoluted and unfunny thing]

Another lie: Animal Crossing is game, and not a chore simulator.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Wonderful 101 has a hidden line about "the third movie in a Red-Hot Trilogy". We all know it's a lie though.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Wonderful 101 has a hidden line about "the third movie in a Red-Hot Trilogy". We all know it's a lie though.

Too Human

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Blind Sally posted:

"No, really, I swear: Final Fantasy XIII is a good game."

Blind Sally, really, Final Fantasy XIII is a fantastic game. You're just not giving it a proper chance. It's not at all as linear as people say it is, and it isn't long until you get to run around a massive game world, explore a lush and wonderful environment. You really need to just open your mind a little more and try not to be so biased against it. Lightning is, bar-none, the best, most well-developed Final Fantasy character to ever grace a console."

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Blind Sally posted:

Lightning is, bar-none, the best, most well-developed Final Fantasy character to ever grace a console."

This might actually be true, I dunno. The bar isn't exactly high.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

limaCAT posted:

It certainly isn't a bad Zelda game by any stretch.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

limaCAT posted:

:hf:

I suspect the real molyneux was abducted during mid nineties, and the moulyneux we know is his evil twin or something, mocking us gamers. Seriously, black and white, fable and that stupid puzzle game where in the end you "discovered" moulineux himself can't explain syndicate, populous or powermonger.

fable was good

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Concordat posted:

It certainly isn't a bad Zelda game by any stretch.

It's good up until the triforce quest

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

i just think at a certain point in development kids confuse 'wouldn't it be cool if' and 'i found out that'. its kind of endearing really, that someone could think the world was be cool in any way

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

the nintendo 64 is getting a disk drive

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

growing up i used to lie about stupid poo poo all the time because lying is awesome, but then i figured out that if you tell them you thought of this idea rather than trying to pass it off as real people actually respect you more because making up a thing is harder than repeating a thing. that was kind of a moment i think, the idea that an authoritativity isn't as well regarded as creativity.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

beside the ones everyone's heard, I remember specific ones about the pokemon games. stuff like surfing around the ss anne and moving the truck on the adjacent shore to get mew. i tried lots of stuff like that. can't complain tho, because a friend eventually just gameshark'd me one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

There was supposed to be cake!!! <:mad:>

• Locked thread