Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Look at this loving criminal thug, throwing gang signs and poo poo, thank god he was killed before he raped a child and sold her into slavery.

D_I posted:

I don't see how that can be percieved as "thugish" unless you already came to that conclusion beforehand.

Do you see the color of his skin? He's weaing red clothing? Menacing with his hands? Obvious criminal behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Segmentation Fault posted:

Apparently the SWAT teams are loudly chanting WE HAVE CONTROL, WE KEEP YOU SAFE, WE ARE YOUR HOPE.

I'm sure it's got to be frustrating for the bootlickers who sincerely believe they are all that stands between the good people and the bad people. It would make it difficult to recognize that at that moment, they are the bad people.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zeitgueist posted:

There's tactics but you're not going to see people posting them outside of activists groups. Mostly, though, not really.

The police have superior gear, numbers, and mobility.

The big advantage is coordination. The police have rapid communications, a clear chain of command, and decision makers with access to real time tactical information. A large group of protesters has few if any of these advantages.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm there too, I'm the guy with my shirt off yelling WORLD STAR

unwantedplatypus posted:

How much of America will honestly believe the tale of violent looters and thugs?

Easily 40%

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

same

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Slo-Tek posted:

I was pondering on this today. What useful can I, white guy from 3 exurbs East, do? I don't vote in STL county, the cellphone video of police brutality seems to be well in hand with the locals, and I'm not sure rolling down West Florissant distributing bottled water to protesters from the back of my Prius would be taken in good part.

you could always kill yourself. or post

e: WORLD STAR

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Forty-eight dollars for a pack of swisher sweets? Is there anyone left who doesn't believe this is a hit-piece?

It's probably a carton.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

So have we had some sort of collective schizophrenia where the looting and burning came after the police were called out.

That's actually what happened, there were protests on the night of Aug 9, the police came out, a single gas station was burned on the 10th - as well as a huge amount of nonviolent protests. Being ignorant isn't an acceptable substitute for trolling.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jarmak posted:

I think it wouldn't be that hard to cover 35 feet in the time it took the cop to get out of the car and resume shooting

Yeah, you could easily run 35 feet in the time it takes for a murderous cop to get out of his car and shoot you in the back.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neo Duckberg posted:

In the surveillance camera pictures it shows someone with a hat on but in the shooting pictures he doesn't have a hat?

The hat was also shot.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

swiss_army_chainsaw posted:

What about these allegations that the person on the security tape might not even be Michael Brown?

Unlikely, Brown's friend/accomplice admitted it was them.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Physical evidence. Also witness testimony (and I wont even touch the "theyre telling the same story" because you are in crazyland) is the lowest form of evidence for anything.

A black teen in posession of a swisher is not exactly uh compelling evidence of a robbery.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Arkane posted:

I still disagree: if the crime occurred, Brown was still fleeing from that crime as he still had the items in his possession (and one could basically put up a map showing the store's location and Brown's destination showing him en route).

Ah yes, a teenager who smokes blunts had a blunt in his pocket. This means he was fleeing the scene of a crime.

The lighter in his pocket: an arson tool, to destroy incriminating evidence?????

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yoyomama posted:

So I found this image:

Can anyone confirm this is true and/or the right locations? Because if so, if the timing to the tweets about Brown's death match what's in the report, how could he have gotten all the way from where the robbery happened to where he was killed? The timing between the two events is supposed to be really close.

Also, I'm hearing from other people that the store shown in the tapes isn't the same location as the store that is listed as robbed in the report. Still trying to find more info on that.

That's only like a third of a mile. A normal walking pace is like 3mph, which would take about 7 minutes to walk that distance. There might even be a nice shortcut across the golf course there.

Or half mile, 10 minutes.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm not a smoker or anything but I figured you just used cigarette rolling papers, like I see for sale all around, for smoking pot.

If you want to roll a joint. Joints are all pot. Blunts are made with weed and tobacco, and if you convert a store bought cheap cigar or cigarillo you can modify the flavor as well, which is useful if you're smoking cheap lovely weed. It's not a certainty but it's pretty likely that these Swishers were intended for weed smoking, but then again when I was 18 I was stupid as hell and smoked cloves.

The main takeaway is that blunts of this kind are sort of associated with African-American pot culture so you're going to hear implications even though for all we know Mike Brown enjoyed smoking Swishers straight up.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PuTTY riot posted:

I've seen people smoke swishers, black and milds, etc that they didn't split open before, and also who twists a blunt and puts that lovely tobacco back into it? the cigarillo paper is the only tobacco that should be in a blunt.

When I was 18 I made terrible smoking decisions too. I'm not trying to say that's what Brown's plan was, I'm just trying to explain to people who don't smoke pot the implications that racists will make. Most of the time when I smoke a black person's weed it's just a plain old joint.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tigren posted:

Coke can? Back in my day, we smoked out of an apple and ate it too!

I saw a guy make a weed pipe out of a hamburger once. Halfway through everyone was urging him to stop, he made his point, he proved it could be done, but he refused to give up unfinished. It was incredible. Then he ate the burger. This was almost a decade ago and I remember it clear as day.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 16, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Get Thomas Knight off the camera and put Black Tony Stark back on.

Yeah, these couple of dudes are really pissed at the media.

lol Vice got chased off by a couple of hotheads.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Amos Moses posted:

Finding this a lot on facebook now.

I don't get the logic. I understand character assassination but are people stupid enough to fall for that? He was still unarmed when he was shot.. what does this picture change?

White people + guns = patriots

Black people + guns = scary criminals

This is meant to appeal to white people who are terrified of black people and have the inherent belief that most/all black people are criminals, especially young black men. Therefore the facts of the case don't matter, all blacks are ferals etc. who deserve nothing better than execution.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dinoputz posted:

I heard KSDK mention earlier that "a private autopsy" of Mike Brown released findings. It was 6 shots, twice in the head, but none from behind, contradicting eyewitness acounts.

It is possible that Wilson shot at Brown from behind and missed.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

D_I posted:

My boss is an ex-cop and he is a legit racist shithead, but he has tons of stories of finding people cracked out with starving babies in the house. Or going to a crime scene and finding a baby shot in the head. If it is your job to deal with stuff like that it is gonna gently caress your head.

Yeah we probably shouldn't let people with job-induced PTSD run around with guns and a license to kill.

If they're hosed in the head, the solution is to remove them from the job, not let them brutalize innocents.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

D_I posted:

Good luck finding anyone else that wants to do the job.

Yes, I think it's normal and permissible that mentally deranged hardliners with a black and white view of society should be the primary upholders of law and order outside of a courtroom. Let's also get more arsonist firefighters and sadist paramedics.

It's important that we pay them very little and impose strict limits on their competency, for the safety of the public.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Are they phone recording or do they have an actual camera?

Actual camera.

In my experience, if a camera has a big fuzzy mike people start taking you kind of seriously. They have a camera with a big fuzzy mike.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nelson Mandingo posted:

W-what? Could you elaborate some?

The Klan is still a thing in rural/suburban south and midwestern America. I got invited to a Klan meeting once. It's usually just a bunch of alcoholic dropouts whining about minorities in someone's garage.

I'd interpret 'they recruited at my high school' as 'someone dipshit encouraged fellow students to call his toothless uncle to learn about RaHoWa'.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OwlBot 2000 posted:

Why are they siding with the cops?

More likely they're trying to steer the protest in such a way as to minimize negative press attention.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Magres posted:

Yes why would you ever give your child a hands on lesson in American civics? Why ever teach them to stand up for what is right?

(not to mention what if you want to go protest and have a kid you can't leave at home?)

If it was white people, it would be a protest. Black people riot.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

Right, and in that case the majority of the comments will be pro-cop, just as they were in that story. There are plenty of pro-cop stories, too - try finding those around here. They got a shitload of mileage out of that NYPD cop giving the homeless dude shoes.

I'll say this, too: if the cops no-knock raided me, I own a gun, and I'd likely be pointing it at the intruders who haven't identified themselves. Should I be killed, fknlo?

You shouldn't, but that's not the point. The point is that the cops didn't face charges because the guy pointed a gun at them. That's how our legal system is currently set up. Whether or not it should be different is irrelevant as to why the cops didn't face charges.

Naet posted:

I absolutely agree, but I was referring more to the potential for being a target of police violence (tear gas, rubber bullets, etc.) which has been a risk since last week. I would take my children to a demonstration, but I also respect the debate behind whether or not it's proper.*

*assuming the debate isn't accusatory or based in racism, classism, etc.

Yeah but then we're just blaming the victim, as in the double standard means black children are more likely to get tear gassed to it's irresponsible to bring them to a majority-black protest. White people are afforded higher protections.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Willing to bet that it's a completely different Mike Brown.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Naet posted:

Plenty of black people have challenged the participation of children in the Civil Rights movement precisely because white supremacist violence is real. This isn't a hypothetical situation. It's one thing to theorize that leaving your children behind is self-victimization; it's another to know for a fact that you risk danger via participation. Many African Americans chose not to participate in demonstrations throughout the past hundred years of activism for fear of violence. That's an incredibly difficult dilemma, and one that intensifies when you're talking about children who may have limited agency. I understand your argument, but it's too idealized.

And I'll concede from here on. No need to derail further.

Oh I agree with you, I'm just saying that when people say "why would you bring a child to this" what they're saying is "why would you bring a (black) child to this (place where we specifically do violence against black people)"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What is this audio of a witness saying Brown was moving towards Wilson when he was shot?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bullfrog posted:

"Who do we want?" "Darren Wilson"
"How do we want him?" "Dead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJrG2AMghw

loving NBPP. How the gently caress will this help anything?

Sounds pretty clear that most of them are yelling "In Jail" but you know, scary blacks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Von Sloneker posted:

Fox News just played that NBPP vid during their poo poo show The Five complete with subtitles that said "DEAD - IN JAIL - INDICTED." Weirdly, after that, the host said, "I'm not even gonna comment on the New Black Panthers because they don't deserve the recognition" or something, then went back to complaining about Al Sharpton.

If it wasn't for Fox they'd have no regonition at all. gently caress that pearl clutching bastard and his braindead audience.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

towelieban posted:

Molotov cocktails of peace
And no, that's not a straw

these pictures of unthrown weapons sure are convincing

would you stop being such a chickenshit and just say friend of the family already? you're not fooling anyone with this just asking questions nonsense

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

towelieban posted:

Unlike you, I don't immediately see the headline, pick my side, then dig the moat and build the fort.
Stop pidgeonholing someone who doesn't agree with your side of the story. This thread has turned into the equivalent of Saddam's regime where all must think the same. Everyone either agrees with eachother than Cops summarily executed an upstanding citizen with their hands up 35 feet away, all of Ferguson PD are trigger-happy racist pricks, the robbery is a smear campaign and might not have been him, cops just shot tear gas and rubber bullets at the protesting children, no one protesting was violent, people brought molotov cocktails only for 'show and tell', and know one committed crimes, but if they did, they definitely weren't from Ferguson. Anyone that doesn't agree with this is squashed mercilessly and painted a racist.
Stop splitting the discussion into with us or with them.

I'm calling you a racist because you're making coded racist statements. Like many racists you're too much of a coward to come out and say these things openly, so you flirt with racism by saying in the most roundabout way you can that black people are inherently violent. The problem is that you're not nearly clever enough to get away with it, instead getting defensive and huffy when people point out your obviously stupid and lovely attitude.

gently caress you.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Reason posted:

I know this is from a billion pages back now and probably been done to death, but the whole finding marijuana in his system thing is absolutely hilarious when he probably wasn't high considering no one smokes pot then goes and does any sort of physical thing like run from cops or steal cigars. Chances are he had smoked some pot at some point but probably was not high when he was shot.

Nah, I like to get lit before I leave the house. It depends on how much and how regularly you smoke.

It's more likely that he wasn't high because it was noon and he was going to visit his grandma.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

If you want an illustration what that ideological lens is, consider the question of “black on black crime”. Ta Nehisi Coates at The Atlantic debunks, here and here, the notion that African-Americans don’t care about violent crime committed by black people against each other. As Coates notes, if you talk to people at the grassroots level or search Google for local news stories, you find quite a lot of examples of black folks – especially those living in high-crime urban areas – who are protesting and organizing and putting themselves on the line against the forces that make their neighborhoods unsafe.

What Coates does not ask is why you have to dig through Google to find this stuff. The more interesting question is why the very people on Coates’ side of the partisan and ideological aisle, the Democratic politicians and progressive writers and activists, don’t trumpet these stories the way they trumpet a story like the shooting of Michael Brown.

We can see here the essential hypocrisy of the liberal media in its failure to doggedly and tirelessly disabuse conservatives of their stereotypical view of blacks. Shame on you, liberal media, for failing to convince conservatives that blacks aren't murderous thugs after all.

-or-

We see here how Coates says a thing. Why don't writers like Coates say a thing?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

towelieban posted:

If I was a racist don't you think the internet would be the place to let my racist hate out?

You are, and you are. Please, if you're going to whine about groupthink at least elevate your posting beyond typical contrarian nonsense.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 19, 2014

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

blakangel posted:

The outside agitators among the protesters were firing live rounds last night.

Allegedly, I haven't seen much proof of it. Apparently the kids around there like lighting off fireworks.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Did the fact that this kid was unarmed when he was shot 6 times change over the past couple days? Because if not then it doesn't matter if he was a Baby Murdering Commie-Nazi Jihadist Crusader unless the cop was psychic and knew this. So what's the debate again?

Well now the story is that he struggled with Wilson in the cop car, ran away, turned around, and charged at Wilson again.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hyperbole aside, the chain of events that Brown tussles with Wilson -> Brown runs away -> Brown runs towards an armed and pissed off Wilson makes very little sense. I think it's more plausible that a panicking Wilson unloads on a surrendering Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Thanks! This is definitely gunfire.

• Locked thread