Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I am so on board for an Eternal Darkness-esque comic book. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I want JLA/Avengers redone with The Great Society and the Earth-8 heroes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

fatherboxx posted:

Frazer Irving shared his variant to one of the issues

Yes, this is John Constantine, The Hellblazer from that parody Doom Patrol issue. Amazing :allears:

Oh god, I hope he's actually in the issue. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CapnAndy posted:

Last night I dreamed I was a superhero, and it was all very clear, and I swear to God someone mentioned that my evil arch-nemesis was working for the Gentry.

What if the comics are actually magic :tinfoil:

You don't understand, this is the dream! Go back to sleep! Hurry! Before it's too late!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Couldn't you just like.

Actually explain it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't really know much about Lee, but it sucks he seems to have a bad rep. I really love the Freedom Fighters so I've been having high hopes for that issue.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

team overhead smash posted:

To be fair I think he's always had and still does have a really good rep, BSS is just quite different from the norm in terms of opinion.

Yeah, but Greg Land has mainstream appeal, so that doesn't count for much.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The Just Imagine Stan Lee universe was featured, which was surprising and awesome.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

fatherboxx posted:

Batgirl, Robin and Jokerlady are identical, the other guys and the accelerated technology backstory seem brand new and remind of the zanier 2000AD strips.

I've heard the non-Thrillkiller stuff is from Twilight.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rand Brittain posted:

If the army of Sivanas was Gentry, it kind of makes me wonder who the one Sivana who was just a Nobel winner with some personality problems was.

Earth Prime Sivana, probably. Perhaps he was involved in the creation of Ultraa Comics, too.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

I kinda feel sorry for Grant Morrison right now; he finally manages to put together and codify the 52, getting the whole thing published after years of work...and today DC announced they're ditching the New 52.

As much as I love Multiversity, I wish Morrison would ditch DC forever after it's done and go do Hypercrisis stuff at Marvel. Though he could still be mad about the Magneto thing...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Who was the atomic character this issue?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hans von Hammer weren't no ratzi, though. Leatherwing was a total dick.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Senor Candle posted:

I can't wait for BEFORE PAX AMERICANA

Get Zack Snyder to direct the film.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The Action Man posted:

a comic that could be read as suggesting that we should pretty much throw Millar's work in the fire.

Ahhh, I love Grant Morrison.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Senor Candle posted:

Cool, a gimmick account.

To be fair, as much as I hate them, that one makes sense.

Maybe it really is Superboy Prime...

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

This also kind of confirms a theory that I've had the last few times looking at the cover: that Ultra Comics isn't saying "NOT", but that might be added by the Gentry to stop us from reading the comic, because reading it is what defeats the invasion into our minds

So, you could say they edited that in? Like editors?

The stuff about stories having to end ties in with the Anti-Death Equation and stuff. Glad we've looped back to that plot thread, in a way.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

(That was the part that gave me chills, because I am a turbonerd obsessed with metafiction)

I don't know if anyone else believes this, but I think all fiction really is real, like Captain Carrot said in the first issue. It's really amazing. The Multiversity is connecting all it's readers to those other realities directly. Metafiction is so cool.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

And it's a little scary to think about how it could be possible for a malignant fictional entity to get "into your head". I know from personal experience that real people can do that quite easily; why wouldn't we want a superhero whose purpose was to defend us from the kinds of ideas that would truly harm us?

The only problem is, Ultra is connected with a bunch of comic book fans, and they mostly suck. :(

McSpanky posted:

Grant Morrison is a secret villain because he tried to plant the idea that Thunderworld is full of hidden darkness in my head. It won't work, Morrison! The wholesome cheerful Marvel Family will protect me! :arghfist::unsmith:

That's the Gentry's true plan! Guard yourself from the ones knocking at the door!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The robo chibis being murdered by the Sivanas seemed like it had a "too childlike to deal with adult threats" thing going on.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The story ended, but isn't the Gentry still sapping our lives away the more we spend time talking about the series?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

Why are you assuming that he's talking through the villain? Fact is, you've let the Gentry in and now you've convinced yourself that you're caught in the Oblivion Machine. But there is no Oblivion Machine, and there's nothing wrong with reading comic books.

Aww, that's super heartwarming. Grant Morrison is so cool. :3:

• Locked thread