Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh right, I completely forgot about the Firespray.

Mostly because why would you remember it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sneaking the A-Wing title onto a Scurrg is pretty neat trick.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

It hasn't gone to a tournament without Tycho in ages, it just wanted a new buddy :unsmith:

Wow, what did Jake do?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

If the games I played against him are any indication, he doesn't do anything worth noting and dies before even scratching someone else's paint. Tycho at least has his anger issues (Rage, PtL, Experimental Interface) to carry him through.

Then you played against bad Jake players. Jake was great with PtL and is even better with Intensity, since he gets two focus tokens, a boost and a barrel roll every turn. Unless he needs both focuses.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

The best Jake player in the world will avoid all the damage and have trouble dealing it.

That's totally fair, that's why I run Prockets.

That said, I don't play competitively; Jake is probably a lot better against the random lists my buddy and I throw at each other.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Speaking of slogs, I'm gonna test out The Incredible Bulk tonight against some of my buddies.

I love the name.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hillariously it has almost no real way to deal damage to ships without shields.

I mean theoretically with a hotshot blaster, or snapshot or taking cad bane crew to get bombs....

None of them have EPTs

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Gonna test Han Yolo in about half an hour at the monthly tourney.

Wish me luck

Luck? But shouldn't we never tell you the odds?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I’m wearing a shirt that says that lol

I think I have the same shirt.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That’s the one I have!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Our frequent marshal/judge/TO wears one with Darth Vader that reads "Perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly?" which is a pretty great shirt for a judge.

Hahaha, this is amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

:siren: The PS4 X-Wing pilot has an EPT :siren:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's better than Ello, because it gives 2 speed T-Rolls too.

Tequila Ranger posted:

What’s the significance?

With the old X-Wing pilots, no one with PS5 or lower had an EPT

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wow, that's amazing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It would've been a chunky list, but probably not broken.

What would the best generic Crew/Astromech combo?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The lowest Palp could go is 5 points, because the Tie Shuttle title explicitly says "no crew that cost more than 4."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hahaha, that's awesome!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raged posted:

Well FFG has really screwed the pooch. No one from Australia has gotten a ticket to World's. Including the Foss's

Supposedly the same goes for Europe

Where'd you hear that?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I could be wrong, but I think Pattern Analyzer is way better than Primed Thrusters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Pair Snap with Norra, for "Bring Your Son to Work Day."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cobbsprite posted:

Vader and Kylo. "Take Your Dead Grandfather's Helmet To Work Day."

Vader, Kylo and Rebel Captive (Han) for "Awkward Family Outing".

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Did I miss something? How did Tweek get a StarViper named the Millenium Falcon?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Jake with Intensity goes: Focus, free boost or roll, free focus or evade, correct? Not sure if it's worth it without PtL, and probably isn't worth it at all.

You missed something. Focus, free boost/barrel roll, free focus, free barrel roll/boost.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Recoome posted:

I bought an ARC-170 and it actually should be pretty neato

Looks pretty good with the refit + tail gunner

The ARC has some really good builds, my favorite of which is Push the Limit/BB-8/Kyle Katarn/Engine Upgrade/Refit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cobbsprite posted:

I will never stop loving "Bring Your Kid To Work Day" lists with the ARC-170. I know they aren't meta-competitive, but I LOVE THEM.

Agreed.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I haven't played in forever and I'm starting to think about selling my collection.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh my god, T-65s are going to be so much fun to fly now!!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Renegade Refit will let us field 5 Rookie Pilots with S-Foils, Integrated Astromech AND a 1 point Astromech (probably FAA, but could be R2).

I'm hyped.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can't wait for Strobe to check in and see all this.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

With Engine and AT the Uwing becomes a mini Agressor chassis. I'm pretty sure people will be able to figure out some good combos. With the flexible crew options.

It's still only got 1 green die and a MUCH worse dial, but yeah, that's certainly a start.

Edit: More generally, the fact that we still don't have a K-2SO crew or pilot card is BS.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 25, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

hoiyes posted:

Put on Kanan crew and suddenly it's much better. And Uwing is essentially 2 green with the title.

Oh fair, I forgot about that part of Pivot Wing.

Can someone who knows the X-Wing timing rules check on something for me? The new PS7 X-Wing pilot says "after you perform a boost or barrel roll action, you may flip your S-Foil card." Is there a window for that to happen such that PtL would then let you perform the other action?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Same trigger and window for Kullbee's ability (after performing action), which means you do them in any order. So if you start on cruise mode, you can do a boost, flip the card, and PTL a barrel roll.

Or vice versa. :getin:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Raged posted:

I really like that T-65s are getting a fix. but does anyone else think maybe that these are going to be OP as hell?

There's only ever two main reactions when something new is revealed: "This is garbage" or "this is overpowered."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

alg posted:

s-foils are basically garbage with one extra action that isn't free, just an option

the refit is genuinely good but not even as good as the nerfed defender fix
Yeah, a 0 point modification that doesn't gives you a free extra action every turn is totally garbage.

You realize that's a 0 point modification that's both Vectored Thrusters AND Engine Upgrade, PLUS TIE Mark II?

Oh and it lets you Tallon Roll. When you want to.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Apr 26, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So you're saying that the 0 point modification should be a stressless PTL?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

No, it won’t break the game, but it’s not garbage, either. I must have misunderstood why you seemed to keep saying it cost actions.

He's saying that adding an action to your action bar is worthless because the action isn't free.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Booyah- posted:

The secondary market chat just reminded me that the Tie Interceptor expansion didn't come with PTL :lol:

Nope, the A-Wing did.

They fixed that and put two copies in Imperial Aces, I think.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

A free double tap every turn with Accuracy Corrector does seem a little strong for 18 points.

Also, since the EPT one is 18, you can get Juke/AccCor/AT for 25, which seems very good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hotshit Copilot is the best typo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Y-Wings have innate reload, ion tokens have been revamped so you perform a blue (green) maneuver instead of white.

New FCS is basically Predator: if you have a lock on the defender, you can reroll a single die. If you do, you can't spend the lock.

• Locked thread