Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I even like Long-Range scanners on it over Advanced SLAM. Use OS title will be nice. What's nice about the reload action is the fact that you can use more ordnance without having to necessarily pay the points for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Goodbye contracted scouts, you will not be missed.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Wow Dash has the stupidest ruling ever in the new FAQ. Having to announce that you use the ability before measuring every single time is really dumb and will lead to really dumb judging in Tournaments.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I really should be that you have to declare NOT to use Dash, but default is on.

That ruling is going to lead to so many pedantic assholes being pedantic assholes.
It already happened before, and it's now only going to get worse.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

:bisonyes:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

It's actually called the Scyk though, not Syck, so I pronounce it like sheikh: SHEEK

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I think this should be good enough for a start:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Raged posted:

Uggh even with currency conversion the UK prices are 20% less than the Aussie prices
Keep in mind that boardgameguru does below MSRP, and usually it's 14 quid per.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The tie silencer is amazing fun to fly but too expensive and doesn’t do the damage that warrants including it in tourney lists. The 4 gunboat list was fun as well but I think it’s tricky to fly well. Gonna need more practice with it, it doesn’t really fly like anything I’ve played before.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Been playing the QD + nuboats list that's making the rounds, I've been liking it quite a lot. QD helps against aces and the nuboats take anything larger. The current setup is pretty standard:

QD + VI + FCS + Title + LWF
Nuboat + Harpoon + LRS

Also, faced against the Ghost + Phantom + Fenn lists and they are pretty goddamn nuts in terms of what they can tank. I really detest rebel Fenn.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Ringo Star Get posted:

Apparently Rebel Fenn was enough to get a local player to smash one of his minis and is rage-quitting the game.

What are good counters to Fenn? Just concentrate fire on him first?
That, or just stressing him, ideally double stressing him if possible.

I did a couple of matches with QD nuboats vs fenn/kanan. The first game I concentrated my fire on the ghost and did like 8 damage to it: big mistake. I eventually lost.
The next game I basically locked and beelined for Fenn with my gunboats, fired three harpoons at it. One was without a focus and only 3 dice and didn't do any damage, the next was a Fenn ability shot that didn't do any damage, and the last did like 3 damage. Fortunately, I had Fenn in the corner and my QD chased down and killed him, for the loss of one of my gunboats. I eventually won after I was able to split and reload my two remaining gunboats.

Lesson learnt: in a fenn/kanan list (or really, any list), always gun for Fenn first no matter what.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Seldom Posts posted:

How is QD kitted out in the most recent lists?
Depends on the list. With the QD nuboat list I play, he's quite lean, with just FCS, Title, VI and LWF on him.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

TS/Genius has been officially FAQed out.

EDIT: link to FAQ https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/98/36/9836c96f-69ee-4d31-9f77-d4d071b5fd95/x-wing_faq_v441lowres.pdf

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 22, 2018

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

TIE Interceptor ace. The guy only has 3 hull, so he cannot take a hit under any circumstance. He’s usually got 3 tokens to keep himself alive, but if he bumps and doesn’t get any tokens he will likely die that round.

I miss playing my triple interceptor list :(
I think you missed that the OP was making a joke about the fact that Soontir has been completely pushed out of the meta.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I love my gunboats. Getting better at using them as well. Weird games yesterday against a dual shadowcaster list: first game I screwed up the approach but ended up winning, second game I got a perfect approach but ended up losing! That's x-wing for you, folks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Raged posted:

I have a deep and passionate hate for that list or any list that involves ships running away for 1/2 the game.
Psychological warfare upgrade card is OP

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Went 4-2 and made the cut with 3nuQD. List did work. Only lost against mirror and nym/miranda

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm kind of bummed out that one of my best performances in a tournament was with 3BQD. Before I could just blame my losses on my lovely skill and didn't blame my off-meta squadron choices, but doing well with a strong meta list is kind of a bummer, since I always fooling myself that meta choices don't mean THAT much in this game.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

At least on nuboats, there’s loads of situations where my rolls were 1 hit rerolled into 1 hit. Rhoboats are more consistent because you can chip them but it’s hardly 4 guaranteed hits

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Lol that they only made the no first order restriction to prevent QD scenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm pretty much out. I'll keep my stuff and probably play casuals sometimes but I'm out of the tournament treadmill and leaving the 186th (one of the x-wing tournament squadron in the UK). I don't really have the money or inclination to keep going, although the changes seem good and necessary.

• Locked thread