Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

homullus posted:

I'm excited about Imperial Assault as a source of minis for the RPG. :)

I was kind of hoping I can use my Star Wars minis from WotC too, but it looks like they might be a little bigger than that. And more goddamn custom dice to go in the bag :negative:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Twitter posted:

FFG had prices listed for armada expansion packs
Fighter packs 20
Gladiator star destroyer 30
Frigate mk2 40

alg
Mar 14, 2007

SageNytell posted:

Here's a question - how large would the Death Star Mark 1 be in the relative scale used in Armada? Is this even possible to create within a similar scale?

If a VCSD mk1 is 3 inches long, at about 1km long real length, a Death Star 1 would be 30 feet in diameter at 120km wide. Death Star II was even bigger.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5112

:swoon:

Gonna scan the heck out of those tiles for my RPG, too

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Man those minis look amazing. Gonna be hard to resist wasting money on them.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Han $9.95
Chewbacca $9.95
Royal Guard Campion $9.95
IG-88 $9.95
General Weiss (can also be a regular AT-ST) $19.99
Rebel Troopers $14.95
Reble Saboteurs $12.95

alg
Mar 14, 2007

So Imperial Assault is on the boat? Dang. A lot earlier than I thought. Gonna be hard to wait to ask for it for Christmas :/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

LumberingTroll posted:

Looks like Pricing rumors on ImpAss are wrong, my distributor just sent an update for preorders.

ImpAss $99.59
Dice Pack $11.95
General Weiss $19.95
Single Figures-
Royal Guard
IG-88
Han Solo
Chewbacca $9.95
Rebel Toppers $14.95
Rebel Saboteurs $12.95

The prices arent bad I dont think, and with the usual online discounts you all should be able to get it around the rumored prices.

This is on this page already, and the FFG site

ChiTownEddie posted:

Woah! So did the release get moved up then?

Yeah, it must have. Used to say 2015.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAss was sold at Essen

http://imgur.com/a/aJyNw
http://imgur.com/a/uB0ig
http://imgur.com/a/btCl3
http://imgur.com/a/70Lll

alg
Mar 14, 2007

ImpAss rulebooks are up: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=271&esem=4

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a45N70fgcvU

Bri'ish dude reviewing the game

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Another first look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQKGJPHtBDE

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Interview with an Impass dev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8e98czI918

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Tekopo posted:

I really dislike the look of that Assault Frigate. It just looks kind of blobby :(

It looks the way it is supposed to. But that kind of speaks to the blah ships they chose to use.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I loving love the neckbeard tears on FFG and BGG forums about some supposed dockworker strike at the port of LA slowing down Imperial Assault

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

You have to post links :allears:

http://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/127174-boat-has-docked-then/?hl=union#entry1335846

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1276112/how-long-has-imperial-assault-been-boat

They were using some kind of sailor app too to find boats and speculate which one the game is on.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Seems like ImpAss should be in stores this week. :unsmith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

My FLGS owner said he was told by his distributor that FFG raised the price of the game but not the MSRP because they aren't selling it outside of FLGS or something. Wonder if it's Asmodee related.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

alg posted:

Seems like ImpAss should be in stores this week. :unsmith:

Seems like only Europe is getting it this week.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Apparently we're getting IA Monday/Tuesday :)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

S.J. posted:

Correct, it will only be sold through hobby channels and via distributors specifically. The issue is that Hasbro, not FFG, has the license to Star Wars board games, but not miniature or role playing games. The price increase is no doubt the payout to Hasbro in exchange for not having the product pulled.

Is this just from the rumors online or did someone from FFG say that?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5263

Supposedly in stores now!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

Really looking forward to armada. Though the lack of variety for wave 1 ships looks annoying.

I think they could've sold a lot more people on it if they included Imperial Class Star Destroyers and Mon Calamari Star Cruisers. I understand that they want to make it a wave based game like X-Wing, but the price point for the core set and the prices on the expansions doesn't excite me if I'm not getting Cool Ships.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Welp, I think I got a faulty AT-ST in my Imperial Assault. The legs don't fit on it and fit on the base. The right foot is way off. Gonna send in a request now so I can hopefully get good parts to play after the holidays.

edit: Hot water trick worked :unsmith:

alg fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 18, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Star Fleet Battles... I always just stare at that game at my FLGS, have trouble accepting that it's a real thing I am seeing with my own eye

That game is loving nuts. Giant hex map with tiny chits and 3" binders for rule books. Every player is a 60+ year old ornery Republican.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

So far every post I've seen about ImpAss seems to be about the models, the quality of, etc. Not one person is talking about the game itself. Is this worrying?

People haven't had a chance to really play yet, outside of those who got it early. Opening the box and looking at the minis is the first step.

I've run the tutorial on my own and I love the new mechanics like activating groups after each hero and defense dice causing misses, not attack dice.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

SquadronROE posted:

Nothing in the rule book says this: Can you move diagonally? Is it 2 movement points?

Its in the book. Diagonal movement is the same as orthogonal movement. Bottom left of page 5

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Finally got to play Impass tonight. I really thought I had them on the ropes in the intro mission. The E-Web wounded someone and took another person down to almost wounded. Then they killed all my guys in one turn....

It came down to the wire, though. They had 1 activation to get the last terminal in the last round. Nobody felt like the game was unfair and the rolling is fun. They definitely want to play again!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Strobe posted:

Line of Sight is a bitch, and you should definitely define well beforehand how your group is going to use it. Even the examples in the book don't cover everything, and it's incredibly frustrating when folks disagree over what constitutes cover. I don't particularly like the book definitions, quite honestly. There is exactly zero in between stage from completely unable to be targeted and open season, which bugs me quite a bit considering that there are situations where your figure can be 90% hidden behind a wall and still be shot as if they're standing right out there in the open.

Personally, I'd really, really like some sort of house rule where if you're 'in cover' where at least two of your character's space's edges are obscured you get to add a black defense die, or something like that.

I agree this would work as an optional rule. I can see why they didn't do it this way. They want a fast paced action game. The tedium of checking corners each time you attack and a game based on cover, where everyone tries to end their movement hiding as much as possible, would be a boring way to play by default.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I am absolutely trying to win as the Imperial. It's more fun that way for everyone in my group.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I usually don't have trouble with FFG manuals, but I feel that there is a complete lack of detail in setting up as the Imperial player. Perhaps it's because the game is new so I have no visual video evidence to check on YouTube, but I can't help but think that there is an entire rule book missing.

You have to refer all over the place. They have switched to this Rules Reference Guide system for their games and it makes learning to play just awful

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Armada price mistake. 53 bucks. Might be worth it if they honor it

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Fantasy-Flight-Games/dp/1616619937

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Y'all have the way move actions and movement points work messed up. The way it is:

Move action gives you move points.

Any time you have move points you use them. It's not an action to use them. You can use move points, then attack, then use the rest of your move points.

At any time during a hero's activation he can suffer a strain to gain 1 move point. He can do this twice per turn.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

You only get move points if you take the move action, or suffer a strain to get a move point.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Obama 2012 posted:

Is it worth $5? I thought about picking it up, but was appalled (APPALLED I SAY!) that they were asking that much when I can get most complete games for, like, $1.99.

Also, is using it for X-Wing considered 'tournament legal'?

I don't know if it is or not, but I would probably hand an opponent some of my extra dice instead of trying to squint at their phone every time they rolled.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

head58 posted:

One of my buddies poo-poos the app bc he says it doesn't actually roll randomly enough or something. Anyone heard/experienced this?

Never play games with people like this.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

The problem with apps isn't the lack of clarity in the "black box" and visceral feel of dice - it's that the screen is so small it's more of a hindrance than help.

And everyone should have dice from their base set anyway. Unless you don't have hands there's no real reason to use the app

alg
Mar 14, 2007

gently caress yea

alg fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

My FLGS got the Impass dice packs in today. Not sure about the expansions