Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wtf is that thing that looks like a grey protoss carrier? Wheres my Home-1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Are those expansions gonna be $15 each for 1 figure or whatever like X-wing? Ill prob skip it then.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just played the starting scenario and a skirmish. Really fun game. Royal guards own hard.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

One thing that irks me with ImpAss is the campaign books mission layout on each page. I wish it was separated better instead of just a clump of bullet points with random poo poo the rebel player is allowed to know scattered around. Also this poo poo is written like a friggin legal document. Is it just me?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Well i'm getting ImpAss pretty soon here, are there any commonly missed/not very well explained rules that i should watch out for?

Make sure the Imp players knows what he can and cant tell the rebel player in the campaign

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

AT-AT never
AT-ST within the first few campaign missions.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah theres a local game store trying to do a skirmish type tournament with everyone buying a core good luck with that

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

link doesnt work

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

alg posted:

Almost certainly not as popular as X-Wing, given the cost, 2 hour game time, and painting required. It's also not including some iconic ships right off the bat, and people are already deeply invested in X-Wing.

Nothing needs to be painted unless you for some reason want the tiny fighter packs painted. Also where are you getting 2 hours from I though the game was capped at 6 rounds which should be about an hour or so. Some of the iconic ships I imagine are being saved for future waves like X-wing did.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Carteret posted:

The worst part about putting together the AT-ST is I have to do it "again" for this mother fucker:

Looks like the thing from Robocop at this point

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Phrosphor posted:

weird glass display case with goth jewelry and 'wizard' knives

whoa Gamers Paradise still exists?

:rimshot:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

mongol posted:

Has anyone who ordered Armada from Amazon gotten theirs? I was just told they weren't getting them in until April 15th.

Haven't gotten mine yet. Whod you hear that from? They must really be trying to weasel their way out of that pricing mistake.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Having only played about 4 games so far (2 imp, 2 rebel) my Imp strat seems like it will be to start in a corner with my Star destroyers, bank in slightly round 1 then stall to speed 0. Force rebel ships to eat your forward arc guns then when they bank away speed back up to 1 to chase after them. I really dont see an advantage to speeding out to mid map as Imps.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kilo147 posted:

Anyone have one of the old Micro Machine blockade runners? If so, how big is it compared to the Armada one?

top: the old lovely game from wizards
middle: micro
bottom armada

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Grey Hunter posted:

Just got the shipping email - right in time for a week off work.....

Are you in the US? I contacted amazon and they just said "we dont know, keep waiting or cancel and buy it from another seller"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cobbsprite posted:

I'm northways of Chicago, now. Small but friendly local group, need more. And need goons.

Where at?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kilo147 posted:

Also, I went for a Battlestar style beat to gently caress look, because what else am I gonna do with damaged paint?

Go for clean white on the majority but keep one looking beat as gently caress and always use that as your flagship

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kilo147 posted:

So, don't have a ragtag fleet in mismatched colors with varying degrees of damage? I'm about to pick up a properly scaled Immobilizer 418, and hopefully a few cruisers and destroyers in scale, if just to have an actual fleet. I was thinking have some with visible, but scratched out and damaged rebellion Phoenixes, maybe one with a Republic symbol, one with green markings, another with purple.

That could work. I like some looking new for the reinforcements look. Where are you buying those ships miniature market?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is he selling those yet?

I managed to scrounge up some rebel transports at close to the right scale. I need to toss a wash on them and bring out the detail which is surprisingly good. Maybe some tiny engine glows too but my painting skill is horrible. Just wish I had more than 2 :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Strobe posted:

Holy poo poo those are from the old Star Wars electronic Battleship game. I have a copy sitting upstairs with half the pieces missing and the required-to-play manual gone.

The big problem with those ships is that every ship that came in the game was almost the same size. A Victory is the size of one of those transports, and fighters were big enough to be individually comparable.

and the tiniest of mon calamaris. Do you still have your transports? If so do you want them? :wink:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kilo147 posted:

I've pushed the ragtag fleet idea. Still a lot of work to do, but here's the first TIEs.

I hope one of them is this guy who eventually got rescued.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Is it generally agreed that assault is the best Star Wars game?

Not anywhere that ive seen

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I would say get some pluckfoam for the bigger ships and some cheap plano trays for the fighters/other random crap and toss it in any decent case you find.

Im using this because I had it leftover from x-wing and it was on clearance at home depot. Foam is in the bottom compartment and planos are in the main box.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So it's not like X-Wing where mystical omnipresent capital ships don't blow you up the instant you step outside of the gamespace?! :eyepop: It guess it kind of makes sense since you're playing WITH the capital ships in this one and they are too busying shooting each other to pay attention to you.

its an omnipresent deathstar this time

that for some reason shoots its own guys

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Anyone know how long FFG takes to resupply their online store with stuff? Armada is already out of stock

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Once your fighters are engaged youre basically just pumping out engineering actions if theyre focusing it or firepower tokens if they arent.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Grey Hunter posted:

This is public service announcement from the PAINT YOU FIGHTERS movement. (please note, for anyone who has never taken a picture of a model before, the camera exposes every flaw - these look a lot better in real life.)

Ties are ties - just hit the fins with some black within the lines.

X-Wings and B-Wings, That red stripe is a paint, but a little goes a long way here. Make sure you wash them to give them that dirty rebel feel.

Now these buggers I'm proud of, look at those Y wings - most of that is a wash.

Thank you for your time. Now paint your fighters and post the results!

Fine. I guess ill strip mine and start again if people are gonna make theirs look that good. Jerk

:negative: im so bad at painting

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cobbsprite posted:

In unrelated news, I'm breaking out the paints and getting started on my squadrons. Do people who've started painting their squadrons use primer, or is this plastic fine to just throw paint onto?

Prime the imp fighters. The flat panels kinda suck to get paint to stick to imo. Rebel fighters should be ok without it since youre mostly just doing small areas and highlights.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wow nothing new for Armada? Thats pretty disappointing.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

our anus cant repel firepower of that magnitude

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Get clear Wedge you cant do anymore good back there.

:flaccid: Sorry

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Has anyone tried running a cr90 as strictly a Luke carrier flown apart from your main fleet?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tekopo posted:

Just signed up for the Massing at Sullust at my FLGS. It's a 16 player event so at least I'm guaranteed the alt art card.

One thing i'm puzzled about is what happens if two imperials face each other, or two rebels.

Im betting it will be the same as the imdaar alpha event for xwing where at the end of swiss the top 4 will just want to pick their ships in order and go home.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cobbsprite posted:

I'm pretty psyched for Mustering at Sullust. After I moved from Texas to Chicagoland, I lost my home game store and all the players there. I haven't managed to pull in a single game of Armada since I moved up here. BUT there is a Mustering event that I'm going to be able to hit up, and I'm looking forward to plunking four Gladiators onto the table and throwing them at people.

which store you going to

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cobbsprite posted:

There is one in Dekalb and one in Mr Prospect. I'm going to try to make one of them, but we'll see how it goes. Are you hitting one of those?

I might try to make it to the mt prospect store yeah

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

There isnt a single card in these wave 2 ships that isnt really good. Wave 2 gonna own

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Something that big would prob have enough engineering points to negate whatever you could throw at it every turn

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I would say the assault frigate is a must buy. The MC80 is better but theyre too expensive to run more than 1 even at 400 points. Plus you cant run gunnery team on a MC80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MC30 is the rebel gladiator. Doesnt really serve the same function as the Assault frigate