Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

jivjov posted:

New sourcebook announced; its an NPC compendium

You're burying the lede: rules for Ewok player characters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

That's a good pick. I kind of wanted the HWK-290 but it's a tad small. (It would definitely be on my shopping list if I ever get to play.)

There's the HWK-1000 from Fly Casual, pretty much made to let a bigger party fly the Moldy Crow.

http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/starships/1831/

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Would offering a bribe result in Conflict? And does it matter if the goal is to avoid lowercase conflict?

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Drone posted:

From a certain point of view... :v:

What's the context? And what's the character's specific Morality strength/weakness?

The character has to get through a checkpoint to get back from a forbidden area with medical equipment for a doctor.

Their Morality is pride/arrogance and independence/coldness

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Thanks for the input, everyone. It's good for me to keep in mind that the Force doesn't care about the law.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

James Woods posted:

So I've been reading through the books for this game for years and quarantine boredom has finally gotten me to write a campaign. To begin with my girlfriend and I are going to do a 1 on 1 campaign to familiarize ourselves with the rules but I eventually want to run a game with some friends back home over a virtual table top. I've been watching XPGamers campaign on Youtube and they're using Table Top Simulator which looks pretty versatile and I wanted to see if anyone has opinions on it vs. Roll20, FG, or Foundry.

The campaign itself is going to take place at the beginning of the Clone Wars and follow a group Jedi that work in an intelligence/unconventional warfare unit. I'm taking inspiration from the Mission Impossible and 007 films and wanted to do a lot of glitzy galaxy hopping and let the players play with some of the cool toys and resources the Republic had at their disposal. I was wondering if anyone has read Rise of the Separatists or Collapse of the Republic and thought they would be a useful supplement for this campaign. A lot of my players are already playing in a Edge of Empire Firefly-esque campaign and my GF just recently got into the Clone Wars show so I thought this would be a nice change of pace that could segue into Dawn of Rebellion.

I don't have Rise of the Separatists, so I can't comment on that one, but I enjoyed Collapse of the Republic. It's got a lot of Clone Wars (the show) gear, species, and characters. And it has good setting and campaign info, plus mass combat rules in case that comes up. Between the two books the Jedi and Clone careers seem pretty crucial to the sort of campaign you're talking about.

Over the summer I finished running a PbP campaign that ended up as 1 on 1 after other players dropped out. We did almost entirely theater of the mind, with occasional maps or art for reference. I gave the remaining PC a sidekick, I controlled dialogue and non-combat actions and let him direct/control both characters during combat. I tried to keep the sidekick more reactive, so the player would drive the story, and it seemed to work out okay.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

thorsilver posted:

That was a lot of great tips, thanks all :) Sounds like I should embrace the broken stuff and chuck a variety of challenges at the players, and not fall back on straightforward slaughter-all-the-dudes objectives.

I signed up for the SWRPG Discord and am asking around about playing in a campaign too -- I figure it can't hurt to get some experience on the other side of the GM screen before I take on the job myself.

Another thing I've been wondering about -- back in the SW D6 days I remember a lot of debate about including Force-sensitive characters in campaigns, because they tended to be much more powerful than the normal PCs and would make the other players feel a bit useless. Is that still an issue in FFG Wars or can I freely mix EotE/AoR/FaD characters together without too much trouble?

I guess it's kind of a theoretical question, since I haven't seen any FaD core books anywhere for what seems like years, but I'm guessing reprints will come out eventually.

You can definitely mix in Force-sensitive characters. Force powers tend not to be too overpowering at lower levels, and players will have to balance XP spend across Force powers, skills, and talents rather than just skills and talents.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Any word on the Edge Studios reprints?

I'd like to get a copy of the Bounty Hunter splat book for less than the cost of a gaming console.

Asmodee's shop has pre-orders up for new books with the Edge branding on them. No Disintegrations looks like it's got an 11/11 release:
https://shop.asmodee.com/edge-of-the-empire-5-no-disintegrations-esswe14en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

They did Adventures in Rokugan, a 5E D&D mod of L5R best described as Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert present Legend of the Five Rings.

I thought it was going to be bad, but I didn't realize it was that bad