Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

susan posted:

Are there any available stats for purchasable planetary gun emplacements? My party got a base on a distant abandoned planet, and we're brainstorming the best ways to defend it (aside from secrecy of course).

What kind of hardware are we talking? AD? Ion cannon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Started a rebellion in Mos Elsiey, leading to the town being (literally)glassed.
Blame the talky droid.

quote:

Gotten the commander of a Rebel base killed in a hostage situation.
She was dead anyway, it was a module.

quote:

Stolen a Sith Ship and 50 high tech Sith battledroids from Korriban. (All armed with disrupters)
Didn't know about the disruptors at first.

quote:

Made a right mess on Naboo, then blamed it on the Gungans. (Another crackdown)
No comment.

quote:

Reactivated a Seperatist Droid Factory on Mustaphar, now mass producing Sith Battle Droids.
Not my idea.

quote:

Sent HK-47 to meet with the Rebel Leaders - AKA the largest collection of bounties in the Galaxy.
We didn't know who he was.

quote:

Burned down a helpless Orphanarium "As a Distraction".
Battle droids should not be allowed flamethrowers.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

So how do you explain this weeks delve into Drug Dealing and attempted assaination?

It's working, isn't it?

That's better than most of our plans can claim.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

echopapa posted:

I was inspired by Bookhounds of London and I’m sending my players to an auction. What would you use as the primary skill: Cool (keeping your head on straight in a frantic auction), Discipline (resisting the impulse to spend too much), or Negotiation (spotting a good deal)?

Whatever you choose, remember that the players will inevitably attempt to murder the rest of the bidders and/or just steal everything before the auction actually happens.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah, it was taking ages for Qui-Gon to cut into that heavily armored door to the bridge in Phantom Menace, plenty of time for the bad guys to send reinforcements and drive them off.

Hell, that wasn't even a particularly heavily armoured door, either.

Until they closed the blast doors. Which were not cortosis, but still stopped the lightsaber pretty drat good.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Weird that Niman is the best form for taking out the Big Bad; isn't it supposed to be the well-rounded boring form for all those un-PC-like Jedi?

Nah, that's Shii-Cho.

Niman is all about using the Force in combat.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

jivjov posted:

Plus it's a great starting point to build a Luke-alike, or some other Hero's Journey character. Start out as a merchant or doctor, become a hero.

Or, y'know, Walter White.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

homullus posted:

We always rolled at the start of the session to see who was getting shafted. We were bad about working it into the narrative and so usually we just called it stress from worrying about [Obligation source].

This is pretty much what we do. Occasionally we'll manage to tie it in during the session, but for the most part it exists as a general "X feels bad about Y thing, and being around X is making you all a bit jumpy".

Our Duty works the same way, but in reverse.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Any good ideas for off the wall suggestions? Money is less of an object as I am the GM and he has built up some capital with the Hutts and Rebels that he can trade in.

I'm partial to the Wayfarer. Only costs a bit more than a YT-1300, but has about 700 more encumbrance. Ugly as sin and won't be winning a lot of fights, but if you just want to move poo poo around, it's pretty good.

Also, you can ditch the whole cargo section if you need to.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Judgement posted:

There are stats for the little skiffs like the one Luke and Han were walking the plank from, in the Colonists book. It's the Ubrikkian SuperHaul Model II. 2 speed, 2 silhouette, -1 handling, room for one pilot and eight passengers or a load of cargo. I think the big Sail Barge is in the Nal Hutta sourcebook, so I don't have any stats on that one.

Acutally the ones in ROTJ were Bantha-IIs, which are silhouette 2, speed 3, handling 0, 16 passengers or 250 cargo.

And yes, the yacht is in Lords of Nal Hutta.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Zodack posted:

It's an Obligation from Dangerous Covenants, the Hired Gun book.

Looking at his character sheet, he hasn't determined exactly how it works yet. So, we'll see. I was just curious how to handle it on a broad scale.

Blood Money is a Motivation, not an Obligation.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Drone posted:

Also how do you smuggle things in a stolen A-Wing

Data smuggling is just as viable as more tangible cargo.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Zodack posted:

Speaking of tropes and character roles, what are some of the best or most bizarre ones you've seen or heard of in EotE or the other settings?

We got Sullustan Twoflower.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

FuriousAngle posted:

drat good advice. The Adversary rule makes me a lot more hopeful that there will be a decent challenge to be had using the rules as they're written. I need someone to out-rear end in a top hat my players. Someone that will make the audience (me, really) root for the players over them.

Might I suggest the friendly agents of the Imperial Inquisition?

Tough, hateable, and unlikely to be cowed by mere blasters.

Also lightsabers. And Force powers.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Zodack posted:

Pilot: "I use my disguise kit to dress up as an undercover Imperial officer"
Me: "...?"

A very poorly disguised undercover Imperial officer, clearly.

Dressed like a civilian, goose-stepping all the way to the general store.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Fuzz posted:

You have this backward, the EotE saber is way better than the basic F&D one.

For reference, the EotE saber has 10 damage, crit 1, breach, sunder, and vicious 2.
F&D basic (unmodded Ilum crystal) has 6 damage, crit 2, and breach.

F&D can be modded to be almost as nasty, but that takes time and credits.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Group I played with for the jedi game I was in we RPed that wounds was just another version of strain [but more specifically was 'oh poo poo i could have died'] and stimpacks were like, anti anxiety stuff. We also RPed our doctor as being a consular in the 'sit down on this couch' form of the word. It was pretty amusing.

You're thinking of a counselor there. Consulars are diplomats.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Vanguard Warden posted:

My roleplaying group got tired of 5e D&D, and someone proposed Edge of the Empire as one of the options. I spent awhile reading through rulebooks, and I am loving this system.

The GM is leaving all the sourcebooks open, and I'm planning to play a Droid Tech from Special Modifications to mass produce swarms of cheap minion droids. One of the better results you can get on the crafting check is a free cybernetic implant on the droid. Are there any implants that would be particularly fun to have on a swarm of droids? I was thinking of going for Cybernetic Cavity and filling all of them with explosive Detonite charges, but apparently that's a little too unethical.

I mean I can understand that being unethical on like, protocol droids or something.

But as far as I'm concerned, sensor balls were invented to be stuffed with detonite.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Dust storms can absolutely cause lightning.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

FuriousAngle posted:

Oh man, that's rough. It reinforces the notion that every single player has that the Stormtroopers are non-threats and can be mocked and laughed off.

I got lucky with the first session with my newest group. Three squads of troopers managed to beat the snot out of the players.

Hope your troopers roll more interestingly in the future!

I kinda wish my group had the chance for that mindset. Every time the bucketheads show up for us, someone gets royally hosed up.

Like the time our melee monster got delimbed by a basic-rear end Stormtrooper. With a knife.

We kidnapped that guy and turned him over to our intelligence contact, because holy poo poo.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

I'm interested, though I'd be coming from the East Coast, US, so I'd prefer saturday where being up late is more acceptable.

Euro timezones are around five hours ahead of you.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Elendil004 posted:

He laid that out in his post :)

Oh, did you mean them staying up later?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Are there ways to add more hard points or am I restricted to just the one they both have?

Tinkerer.

Probably not worth it, honestly. One per item, one item per rank.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Actually, speaking from personal experience, gently caress Enhance, get up to 2 FR and go hard down the left side of Sense.

Two upgrades on all your attacks, plus two upgrades against the first two attacks you take every round.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Harkano posted:

So my Dark Jedi was no longer allowed to make any actions/attacks. Did I just get unlucky with the players rolling so high on the crit tables? Seems like what should have been a terrifying encounter ended up a little bit of a damp squib. Luckily one of the party got knocked out by a reflected blaster bolt on another character's despair for a shot, and rolled something nice and low on the crit table, and most of the character were low on health, but I was honestly expecting them to have to flee from this, instead the Jedi had to flee, and it'll work out fine for the plot overall. I don't want them to get the impression they can beat Darth Vader with a few lucky crits.

That does sound like it's just the dice being dice. However, that wouldn't happen against Vader, no matter how well they rolled, because you're the GM and if you don't want Vader to get chumped like that, he doesn't get chumped like that. It might look like he does, at least long enough for the players to get out of there, but if you don't want him dead, he ain't dead.

Also, your players will never run from things they should obviously be running from. Path of most resistance and all that.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

You could always go with Onderon.

Inner rim, but if it's not a city it's thick-as-hell jungle, and there aren't many cities. Also where Saw Gerrera is from, so spy game is pretty big.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Soup Inspector posted:

(then again, thanks to that Twitter that gives adventure prompts I got an idea for a Rodian playwright themed bounty hunter who would spout Shakespearean quotes with a SW twist as he tries to murder the party so v:v:v).

I mean apparently Rodians did produce the Star Wars equivalent of Shakespeare, so?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Soup Inspector posted:

Welp that's a happy coincidence! Happen to know what it's called so that I can have said bounty hunter name drop it?

At large it's all just Rodian Theater, but it was invented by a chap named Harido Kavila.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I honestly hate the separatists post Episode 1. I actually thought, and the movie sort of implies this, that the robots aren't very intelligent and quite limited, and they're actually just controlled from afar. I thought it was genuinely terrifying to have robots that you could just dump by the millions onto the battlefield. Of course, "sneak past the droids to kill the neckbeard playing Starcraft" isn't very interesting, so now we have droid admirals, and the droids can get scared and stuff...it's just so much of a missed opportunity.

On the other hand, tying your entire army to a single point of failure is really loving dumb.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

As far as I'm aware the Utility Belt item just gives you one extra encumbrance.

The Utility Belt talent is essentially for things like "oh, we didn't bring a <insert small tool of rarity 4 or less here>? It's cool, I think I have one in my back pocket."

Ablative fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 12, 2018

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Yeah it's probably the stupidest naming issue in the book.

Which is saying a lot.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

All my group ever felt the need to do to balance Jedi was crack down on abusing the left side of the Sense power tree, since that gets loving insane by the end.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

There's also good old sneakernet. Comes with the benefit of being 100% profit if you want to do the legwork yourself, and is easier to store en masse.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Another thing to watch out for, at least in my group's experience, is the Sense power.

It's relatively cheap for what it does, which is either read the minds of up to four people simultaneously at long range or give you two free upgrades to the first two attacks made against you every round, plus a single upgrade to your own attack every round, for the low cost of being FR 2 and committing your Force dice. If you give a Guardian an inch, expect them to take the lightyear.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Could always pull a Shadow Broker and just like... not tell anyone downstream that there's been a change in management.

Probably be harder than in that case since there's probably more face-to-face dealings, but if you've got a good enough liar anything's possible.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Isn't Saga what the KOTOR games run off of, too?

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

PantsOptional posted:

Are there any specializations that unlock the Lightsaber skill outside of the FaD and Jedi ones? One of my players is looking to play a droid that was Order property before the Clone Wars and had been used for lightsaber training for Padawans. I suppose he could simply take one of the FaD specs with the understanding that the Force talents and Rating are useless to him, but that seems anti-fun.

Legends has Force Sensitive droids, gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Servetus posted:

A Toydarian Marauder with a Vibro-axe kicks rear end by the way. Sure you can't be as brawny as a Wookiee or a human at Character Generation, but rough terrain doesn't slow you down so you will get into melee faster than anyone else. And Dedication, Talents, and Skills level the playing field between the Wookiee and the Toydarian pretty quickly. I refuse to do the accent though.

This was one of my group's antagonists a while back, except he had two vibroaxes. I don't think we ever actually fought him, but we all knew he'd have kicked our asses.