Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Elendil004 posted:

Oggdude's generator doesnt have content from the bounty hunter splatbook, that's annoying, this thing is usually bulletproof.

It definitely does - you might want to see about updating your version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I'm pretty sure that a hit that fails to do damage can't produce a crit.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Check page 158, under Critical Ratings. If a hit deals no damage it can't crit.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Zoro posted:

Man, it's amazing to think it took us this long to get stats for the Death Star.

I'm glad they didn't even try to assign a credit cost to the Death Star.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but this thing is pretty much unkillable.

Can't one shot with a high enough base damage and a good crit rating blow it? That's pretty true to the source material after all.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

The GM for my EotE game messaged me earlier and said that at some point he would be running a one-shot in the Clone Wars using this book and of course I wanted to play the OG version of my "Retired Clone Trooper" EotE character done up proper from this book. Hell yes!

And then he told me that my mission would be set in the middle of Episode 3... when my character was under the command of another PC's Jedi brother...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Servetus posted:

Are you sure that Specialization is in Collapse of the Republic? There's ARC trooper, Clone Commander, and Clone Veteran there; but no Clone Pilot. Is Clone Pilot in another book maybe?

It's in Rise of the Separatists, under Clone Soldier.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Saga’s main problem, IIRC, was that it didn’t scale defenses well, especially against Force Powers. Was that correct or was that just our experience?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Owlbear Camus posted:

Like a lot of level-based number D&D treadmill system's it did start to break down at higher levels. I find most D&D level 6-10 is the sweet spot for nice tight play.

Yeah, my campaign got to about 10th or 11th and broke entirely as one Jedi became a murderblender and the other one became so good at using the Force that antagonists basically ceased to matter.

In addition my first experience with it had one of the 1st level players Mind Tricking a 12th level bad guy successfully and derailing the GM’s entire campaign idea.

E: I still love the fuckin’ game, of course.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 20, 2020

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Goddamn, that isn't helping with my itch to run a game...

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I’ve only ever done the manual install of Oggdude and I tried the web install tonight. Has it always thrown that bitly warning? Seems safe but I don’t want to give the link to my players if it’s not.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

It did have one glaring flaw, though. Use the Force was a skill, and like any other skill you could take the Skill Focus feat to increase your roll. The problem is that powers such as the mind trick were rolled against the target’s 4e-style defense “saves”, and those didn’t increase at the same rate as skill bonuses when leveling. A character with Skill Focus and a decent Charisma score could mop the floor with most enemies of much higher levels with even mediocre rolls.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah, some era play sourcebooks (High Republic, sequel trilogy) might be nice, but the basic game is complete to the point that adding more risks bloating.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Are there any specializations that unlock the Lightsaber skill outside of the FaD and Jedi ones? One of my players is looking to play a droid that was Order property before the Clone Wars and had been used for lightsaber training for Padawans. I suppose he could simply take one of the FaD specs with the understanding that the Force talents and Rating are useless to him, but that seems anti-fun.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Just started a campaign recently and one of the PCs is a Medic, who decided to go a pacifist route. Aside from Assist and the few nonlethal/barely violent weapons in the game (tanglers, repulsor guns), the PC wants to know what else they can do in combat to help out. Jamming stimpacks into people is the obvious route but I feel like it'll get old quick. Thoughts?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Since it may come up next session: I'm having a hard time finding rules for cutting through things with a lightsaber. I know they have Breach 1, but I don't really know how they interact with something like carving through a blast door. Is that covered anywhere in the books?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

One of my players is engaging with crafting for the first time and I just want to check that I’m handling it correctly. Am I correct that on the actual construction roll you don’t cancel out Advantages and Threats the way that you do with a normal check, but rather that you keep track of each of those and use them to apply the little perks/drawbacks as noted? Or do you treat it as a normal roll and only use the net result?

In other words, let’s say they roll a success with two Advantage and one Threat. Do they apply two Advantages worth of bonuses from the charts and then I do the same with one Threat, or do they simply apply one Advantage worth?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

I'm putting together an encounter in which I want to have a bunch of individual minions group up as the fight goes on so as to indicate to the players that they need to deal with this problem early on. I can't find anything one way or the other about this in the rules. My main question is one of how to handle the initiative as they group up - is there any guidance as to which slots to remove from the track?

Or am I thinking about this all wrong and the slots don't move off the track at all, and it's just the eligibility to use them changes? To give an example, let's say we have three minions, operating in initiative slots 6, 4, and 2 (descending, and very generalized). Two of the minions group up on the first round. During the second round, we would still have NPC slots at 6, 4, and 2, but only two of those slots can be used. Is this a better way of thinking about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Servetus posted:

I would leave same initiative slots, no going twice, but as slots are left unfilled the remaining opponents use the most advantageous initiatives. So if you have three groups of minions opposing the party and one group gets wiped out, one initiative slot would be left unfilled unless reinforcements arrived, the remaining two groups would use the two better initiatives and leave the third empty.

This is functionally what I was clumsily saying in my example and what I ended up doing last night. I’m happy to say it went well and the message of “take care of this problem before it snowballs” was clearly received.