Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

edit: good call!

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Give them a wayfarer, the g-1a can fit in the front, or they can have to acquire a transport/hanger module which is an adventure in itself.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm interested, though I'd be coming from the East Coast, US, so I'd prefer saturday where being up late is more acceptable.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ablative posted:

Euro timezones are around five hours ahead of you.

He laid that out in his post :)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So what is the single most broken build?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I had a player who had 10 soak and a ton of defense and I got fed up with his nonsense and hit him with a quad heavy turbolaser. I let him choose death or living in a medical coma with no legs. Now somebody's gotta make him new legs. He was rescued by a redshirt PC named Hom Tanks so this guy is really Lt. Dan now.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 22, 2017

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

karmicknight posted:

I'll be running a star wars game starting next week: What are some good species to have in a Ravagers-style criminal/revolutionary group?

Also, what are some fun weird Sith beasts?

These two questions are only tangentially related.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Megawok

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I did 88 damage in one shot (thanks to 2 crits that both rolled overpowered) to a player with a starship weapon today that was fun.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

TaurusTorus posted:

By my calculations 763,500 credits worth of baradium will annihilate it completely, no exhaust port, just a charge against the surface. I don't know how big 2,036 encumbrance is, but tow that to the Death Star and its gone.

Wouldn't that require a roll of like 1000 purple?

Drone posted:

So uh, did it vaporize them? :stare:

Naw, as I understand the rules, you can only die from crits, and while this crit him heavily it didn't crit him enough. The rest of the team induced him into a medical coma and jammed him into a bacta tank and he was fine.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If you shoot something with limited ammo 8, and you use the linked quality do you use two limited ammo or one?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Talkie Toaster posted:

I think the devs answered this in one of the FAQ threads but I can’t remember. I *do* remember people arguing Limited Ammo should only be reduced when you *trigger* Linked, which is mad.

I would love a dev ruling on this.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Talkie Toaster posted:

Checked, you use two but can choose to fire one without the Linked quality if you want.

Can you provide a link?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Speaking of star wars mistakes...look at this jaunty lil fella

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Serperoth posted:

Don't call my next character a mistake please.

I mean at least they're not those otterpeople Han Solo punched once.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I made a big dude who dual wielded a maul and a flame thrower
and of course my players chumped the hell out of him with a called shot but I guess that's what I deserve.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Running a game on Foundry for the first time. I've ran a lot of star wars and am used to roll20, so any good Foundry resources, QOL improvements, etc?

Anything that will go from oggdudes xml to an in-foundry character sheet would be sick.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

BabyFur Denny posted:

The Foundry swrpg module can import the oggdude dataset and all characters generated with it out of the box.

oh wow insane. That's great.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The key thing with the FFG's star wars is if you have a player who wants to be a Wookie melee lord...don't fight it, embrace it, that's fun as hell and I bet they player will enjoy playing it.

Need to challenge them? How well will the wookie cut through a social encounter? Challenge them in ways that challenge them. As Jack said, up security so if they want to try to get into the part of the city they need to they gotta sneak or bribe or talk their way in or leave their weapon at the door. Force them to improvise.

But also like, let them face off against two groups of 8 stormtroopers who they can cut through like butter while their team makes ready to escape, give them that cinematic win. Then when medals get handed out, snuff them because anti-wookie racism.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

PantsOptional posted:

Just started a campaign recently and one of the PCs is a Medic, who decided to go a pacifist route. Aside from Assist and the few nonlethal/barely violent weapons in the game (tanglers, repulsor guns), the PC wants to know what else they can do in combat to help out. Jamming stimpacks into people is the obvious route but I feel like it'll get old quick. Thoughts?

Would they consider fighting with words? Some of the social classes can shout people down which is really fun. I had a gungan once who had enough invested in Scathing Tirade that he could wipe whole minion groups with it.

I swear the rules said you could basically deal strain damage instead of wound damage at will am I just totally on crack?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Servetus posted:

You can when fighting unarmed, or with most brawl weapons (except vibroknuckles, blast knuckles, vamblades, and maybe some others). If you are using a blaster or melee weapon you need a stun setting or a talent

Ah melee only ok makes sense.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I personally go either all force users or no force users, a mix just means one side is left out when the other is doing cool poo poo. YMMV and if you can pull it off go for it but I recommend against it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So my players have to infiltrate an Imperial Resort Planet (think hitler's eagles nest, a place for officers to go for time off and relaxation). In order to finance this trip they made two bets with a hutt, one that they would embarrass a high ranking officer publicly, and the other to place a fertility idol somewhere it gets news coverage.

Any ideas for complications? I have a few but always interested in more deviousness.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

All fantastic ideas, I'll let y'all know how it plays out!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Azhais posted:

So, foundry havers, question: is it possible to import custom stuff from oggdude? The import is asking for a zip of the data directory but that isn't where that stuff is stored

Also, anyone have any good sources for star warsy maps, ship layouts, tokens, etc? Free or paid, I'm not opposed to spending money if there's good stuff on dtrpg or Patreon or something

I really like Miska's stuff. https://www.patreon.com/miskasmaps
I've used several for star wars stuff. At the high tier they're foundry ready with walls and poo poo which is REALLY nice.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I would treat it the same way as an npc dying, you just drop the last npc slot because no npc is available to take it.

Or, if you want to be a right bastard, let them act twice :)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I wont run it, but I will play in a game of ISB agents where we all know we're trying to work to destroy it from the inside.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

DnD has really good Foundry support, being able to import whole modules and maps and stuff. Anything like that for Star Wars? I know some folks frown on battlemaps but I like to set the scene with them and certainly helps for npcs and all that. Anything in terms of Foundry support for SW?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Azhais posted:

It has good foundry support and can import straight from oggdude

I meant more for modules and stuff, but good to know the importer is straight from oggdudes.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Those are really cool, and would be exceptionally helpful for VTT stuff I think. Do you think you'd need to prep it all or pause the game to discuss with players a bit?

I can see exploring an area and filling in the issues gaps etc organically to be pretty neat.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I ran a bunch of sessions in foundry, it worked well. Just handling all the dice mechanics is key. Sheets import from oggdudes, but it did mean that i kept all the oggdude "masters" and sync'd them with the players after the game sessions, not a big deal but involved some back and forth when players wanted to see options. I bet forge would fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ah yes first of its kind, there are no Cthulhu mythos roleplaying games out there.