Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008
Are you in an actual police academy or a police foundations course at some college? How pathetic are your academies if they'll take any fat sack of crap off the street?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

I have a question, where are you? You are obviously self sponsoring for the police academy, because typically police departments hire new people, then pay for them to go. Also, at least places I'm familiar with (namely California), you would automatically be disqualified because of your history of mental illness and breakdown, not to mention recent drug history.

It's a fake post, the only way someone like this could get into a police academy is if, like the Police Academy movies, they dropped all standards and let any rear end in a top hat wander in off the street. They want pro-active, community oriented people, not reluctant people pushed out of the nest.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

ZombieLenin posted:

The thing is that Police Academies are a little less than ethical when it comes to self sponsorship. It's not like real college, it more like a trade school. If you show up and want to "self sponsor," aka give them $21k, they'll take you.

That makes sense, and I could easily believe academies would do that, especially if they had a bunch of open spots, though his parents only paid $2100, which, after some googling, is in the normal range for block 1 at police academies.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

OP couldn't possibly do a worse job than the people they've already got.

I forgot how awful American cops are. Between them, your teachers, and hospitals, it's amazing the whole society hasn't gone Mad Max.

Aggressive pricing
Feb 25, 2008

lidnsya posted:

he's short and black

PT6A posted:

a tiny penis

So Gary Coleman wants to be a cop?

• Locked thread