Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
every time i see this thread title i lightly chuckle to myself

good poo poo op, good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
op should get a gun and go protect this guys house

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659195

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

I have a question, where are you? You are obviously self sponsoring for the police academy, because typically police departments hire new people, then pay for them to go. Also, at least places I'm familiar with (namely California), you would automatically be disqualified because of your history of mental illness and breakdown, not to mention recent drug history.

I'm going to give you advice here that isn't necessarily good, but were I in your situation this is what I might do. Do a little research (like you should have done before blowing your parents money) and dig up police department hiring policies, which will state explicitly that history of mental illness disqualifies you.

I would then be semi-honest with your parents. I'd tell them I stopped going when I discovered that I couldn't actually get a job anywhere as a police officer when I finished (show them what you found). I'd then tell them that your anxiety and depression, which you clearly suffer from, kept you from telling them right away.

This gives you the opportunity to do the right thing, and soften the blow to your parents. I'd follow that up with mental health treatment. If your anxiety is so bad it keeps you from going to class, you need to be in ongoing treatment.

As far as your future goes, you're still loving young... take it from an old man. If you want to work in law enforcement consider things that are related, but isn't being a cop; however, for now, don't loving worry about it. Tell your parents and seek help.

when i think of the op i think of our future sky marshal

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

Sky Marshals are federal po-po. They have an even bigger stick up their rear end when it comes to what they disqualify you for.

lol not that type of sky marshal

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Centripetal Horse posted:

Is anyone else having trouble picturing this guy as black, even though he keeps telling us he's black? For some reason, I just can't picture him as anything other than a doughy white guy, maybe balding prematurely, possibly with a fedora. I guess I associate this particular brand of loser with white guys. The "reality" is jarring, and it's ruining my immersion.

he's leaving his baby mama to raise their love child alone just like any responsible black father would

• Locked thread