Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!
I am 26 years old and have accomplished nothing in life. I flunked out of college, still live at home, and haven't had a job in a while. I talked my parents into loaning me money to move to another city and join the police academy. They paid 2,100 dollars for the academy, and got me an apartment for 490 a month in a seven month lease. I was supposed to start in July, but I had too much anxiety and couldn't make myself go to class. For the past few weeks I have been surfing the internet, playing video games, and hanging out with some of the neighborhood kids, one of whom I am falling in love with(I know). I have turned into a complete pig. Drinking Mad Dog 20 and smoking lovely dirt weed. I cry every time my mother calls, because she is so excited and thinks I am finally turning my life around. She is already planning a graduation party, and telling everyone in the family what I am doing. What the gently caress am I going to do, when this academy is over, and I have nothing to show for it? I know I should just come clean, but this is honestly the most stress free and happy I have been since middle school. I have been thinking about telling them I was kicked out for fighting or insubordination. I never wanted to be a police officer anyway, I always wanted to work in the film industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

PT6A posted:

You sound like a really, really terrible person. Not because you couldn't bring yourself to go to class (that's not good, though) but because you're lying to your parents who are supporting you financially. You should probably tell them sooner rather than later, so they can never, ever invest in your future again, if that's how you treat them.

The lease is locked in for seven months, so me leaving the apartment, would just be a waste of money. I feel like they kind of owe me, because they forced me to go to college right out of high school when I wasn't ready, and that's what led to my first breakdown, and mental illness issues. I also gained a lot of weight from stress eating and depression. I was always in pretty good shape before than, but after that, my body never recovered.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

DrManiac posted:

I'm pretty sure the op is a troll now from the responses but whatever. How old are 'the kids in the neighborhood'?

Late teens, and a few 20 year olds.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

Magnus Gallant posted:

How fat are you? Like 300+ pounds?

Around 200

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

ThirdPartyView posted:

":qq: They forced me to consider a future beyond being a professional stock boy/fry cook! :qq:"

I WAS NOT READY! I barely made it through High school with my sanity. I was breaking down, and needing therapy, and medicine. But my father gave me an ultimatum. Go further than you have ever been in your life by yourself, or join the military where breaking down can result in sock beatings, death on the battlefield, and being put in military prison. I just feel like if he had given me my space and let me make my own choices, I would be a completely different man right now. poo poo im not even a man yet, for intents and purposes I am still a boy.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

The Silver Snail posted:

OP if you are crying whenever you talk to your mom, and writing threads like this, you are not stress free. I've got a similar history with anxiety and loving up with college, I think you should fess up, find a way to support yourself, and then decide what YOU would like to do from there. You don't have to conform to what people (even people who care about you) think being successful is to be happy.

That's always been my problem. Trying to conform to other people. My parents, my cousin, my lovers, and everyone but 4TC. I'm just gonna ride the lease out, and tell them when I move back home. They have more than enough money, and this is not any kind of set back for them. The only thing im worried about now, is confessing my feelings for a girl I met while living here.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

That's not the point! It would be a lovely thing to do no matter how much money they have.

Why did you steal money from them for the police academy when you don't actually want to be a cop and would rather work in the film industry, anyway? Why didn't you ask for money for film school?

And why are you so worried about telling a girl you like her? Why is this such a big deal??

She's 18 and I don't know if she has feelings for me.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

PopRocks posted:

But you had a choice, you were an adult, you could choose the third option and move out and get a lovely food service or call center or retail job, move in with 5 other guys and live the life you live now.

You can still do that.

"Mom, I'm sorry, but I had to drop out of police academy due to my anxiety. I am applying to other jobs in this city so that I can cover the rent on my own. Thanks for all your financial help, I love you."

Then you get yourself some roommates until you can pay for rent on your own, and start learning how to write screenplays, sign up as an extra on local productions, volunteer for film festivals, start editing clever vines, rent a canon XL for the weekend to shoot a short film, submit that film to festivals, become a PA on local productions, scout locations, keep your day job.

I have been thinking along these same lines, but I see myself as more of a writer than a director. The film industry is poo poo in Florida, so their is not much opportunity to get extra work. I don't think i'm camera ready anyway. I going to try to find some way to get to Atlanta, and maybe get on with a Tyler Perry production. If that fails their is also the Connecticut School of Broadcasting in Tampa, that I could try.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

Wuzzlez posted:

If the OP takes anything away from this thread it should be that the kid down the street does not love him, and in fact no one could ever love him, because he is terrible.

We had a long talk today. She's not going to college right away, and she already said she would be open to moving in with me at my parents house when I go back. We just have to talk to her parents.

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

afterhours posted:

You're not going to become a screenwriter. Find a new goal.

All of teachers praised my writing in highschool. One teacher offered to introduce me to a friend of hers in publishing. I just got so depressed and lost my motivation. I wish I had been on medicine back than.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 The Cause
Aug 10, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 692 days!

paco650 posted:

I, for one, care about Geo Care and want to know why they are hiring all these sexual deviants. Best lucks on becoming an Officer of Peace in this, our great state of Florida USA.

The residents are sexual deviants, not the staff. And does anyone here have any experience with a polygraph? I am thinking about the future and I will have to take a polygraph eventually if I want to become a certified officer. I know they can't arrest me, but know that I know what kind of questions they ask, it could turn into a very hostile and embarrassing situation. Should I just stay in the private sector? Or is their a way to pass the polygraph?

• Locked thread