Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

4 The Cause posted:

I WAS NOT READY! I barely made it through High school with my sanity. I was breaking down, and needing therapy, and medicine. But my father gave me an ultimatum. Go further than you have ever been in your life by yourself, or join the military where breaking down can result in sock beatings, death on the battlefield, and being put in military prison. I just feel like if he had given me my space and let me make my own choices, I would be a completely different man right now. poo poo im not even a man yet, for intents and purposes I am still a boy.

But you had a choice, you were an adult, you could choose the third option and move out and get a lovely food service or call center or retail job, move in with 5 other guys and live the life you live now.

You can still do that.

"Mom, I'm sorry, but I had to drop out of police academy due to my anxiety. I am applying to other jobs in this city so that I can cover the rent on my own. Thanks for all your financial help, I love you."

Then you get yourself some roommates until you can pay for rent on your own, and start learning how to write screenplays, sign up as an extra on local productions, volunteer for film festivals, start editing clever vines, rent a canon XL for the weekend to shoot a short film, submit that film to festivals, become a PA on local productions, scout locations, keep your day job.

PopRocks fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread