Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

notZaar posted:

im kind of confued by what a 90s kid is. somebody born in the 90s or somebody who grew up in the 90s? i mean the first 5-6 years of your life you're basically an asentient ball of greed and stupid, cant imagine you'll absorb much pop culture

I assume a "90s kid" would have been born in the 80s.

But 90s nostalgia sucks anyway, so who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Idiot Kicker posted:

that 90s party image has no space jam
2/10

No black people except OJ.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Oh, and the black Spice Girl. Still get a big white power vibe from that picture.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Idiot Kicker posted:

the 90s were all about having one (and exactly one) black friend in the group. and if you were in a diverse enough community, one (1) asian, one (1) hispanic, and one (1) jewish kid/fat kid/star trek girl

only there are like 100 white people in that picture and two black people, one of whom is a murderer

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
At least there probably won't be any 00s kids.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Runaktla posted:

I remember Battle Chess and loving it.

Born 1980.

Best part of 90s is grunge music. No less than 3 singers died of heroin/suicide ie Kurt Cobaine, Layne Staley and that guy from Blind Melon (Shannon something too lazy to google)

GG Allin's death cast a pall over summer camp in '93, I remember.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

redshirt posted:

We were so close to a New World Order, and then Bush. Then 9/11. Then the Dark Times.

can't wait for america to be restored

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
The Gay Nineties > the gay 90s.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Remember that dumb Tomorrow People show on Nickelodeon? I was so into that for some reason.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

4 The Cause posted:

I remember having sleepovers and watching Kids and being freaked out by the rape scene. I remember stumbling upon Fire Walk With Me and not being able to sleep for a week. I remember the girl who's parents died in a car crash, and she was forced to live on her own. She ended up prostituting and another friends dad would pick her up, and tell us about when he got home.

are these supposed to be fond memories? wtf

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Envying the rich kid who owned every video game system, even the lovely obscure ones.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

Obligatory Handle posted:

His parents bought him over a grand worth of gadgets and "toys" for Christmas this past year. He's 33 and has a full-time, well paying job.

Were half of them from "Santa Claus"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
it wasn't that great. sorry to bum you out even further.

• Locked thread