Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

the most underappreciated thing from the nineties was the computer game "Battle Chess"

it had human/monster figures that stood in for the chess pieces on the board. they could do all kinds of rad poo poo, like the queen was a sorceress that could fry dudes w lightning, the king could kill the queen by flashing her his dick, the bishops had secret spearpoints on their shepherds crooks and also could burn dudes alive with magic, the rooks were stone golems that crushed poeople to death

also bishops could open holes in the board with magic into which dudes fell to their death

it was super violent and gory for a chess game

The thing I remember most about this game was the insane anti-piracy measures it had. Whenever you started up (via DOS prompt if I remember correctly) it would flash a code and then you had a code book and you had to find the password in the book to match the code. Huge pain in the rear end. Eventually I lost the codebook and was never able to play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread